Ghost vs. Pat 22 - wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Pat's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- ball score is 1-1, Pat going to 7, Ghost going to 9 at this point --- and btw, the angle does not allow the 5ball to be banked around the 2ball/at the 4ball and/or 14ball, while also getting the cueball safely to the long rail/left of the 10ball --- wsPd/wwyd >>>

Tobermory

Verified Member
I'm going to bank the 5 to miss the 2 and then come off the bottom of the 9 ball, which just might go in or get close, whilst rolling the CB forward so that it gets close to the side rail behind the 2. Might have to hit the 5 a little harder than pocket speed to avoid the kiss on the advancing CB.

catkins

Verified Member
I am banking the 5 into the top of the 2 and stunning forward to treetop with the 10

RickC

Bank 9 ball 2-rails into 1 ball (if you miss one that's fine too, still puts 9 ball near your pocket). Try and freeze cue up against the 6 ball with draw, to prevent return bank on 6 or 7.

pvclou

Verified Member
Bank the 10 to your side and freeze on the backside of the 2.
I like stiffing the 10 into the bottom of the 8...looking to move some furniture to myside. I'd use low inside on the cueball to drift it down under the 2, and to help stiffen the rebound of the 10.

jtompilot

Verified Member
Bank 9 ball 2-rails into 1 ball (if you miss one that's fine too, still puts 9 ball near your pocket). Try and freeze cue up against the 6 ball with draw, to prevent return bank on 6 or 7.
The 2 ball cuts in from there.

I do like the 9 but It needs a slight cut to the right with firm stun follow to get the cue ball on the bottom rail close to the diamond by the pocket.

unoperro

Verified Member
Bank the 5 at the 13. Run whitey between those balls to foot rail and behind the 2.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
This is not a type of shot I play often given the distance. But banking the 1 at the 2 ball firm with draw and try to make the 14 ball lays pretty good here and is quite tempting. Not a high risk of selling a return bank on the 14 or 4, and a chance to make some balls. Or maybe I'm going stir-crazy.

vapros

Verified Member
Jojo off the 8 ball, to the long rail, and snug up on the 1 ball. Easy shot, good result.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
I like the Hardmix shot of banking the 10 sticking your cue behind the 2. My attempt at putting the cue locked up with the 2 is to hit it center ball and roll gently behind the 2. The 10 going to my side. My other shot would be to bank the 5 onto the purple ball. My cue ball will stay about in the same place because of the junk spin on the cue ball to hit the 4? With the 5. thanks for the break from boredom Ghost.

TxOnePocket

Well-Known-Member

Bit of a crude pic but it shows my intentions, most important part of the shot is to shoot straight through with the cue ball with upper right English to kill it flat off the first rail so it can hide behind the 1 ball.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Shoot the 3 into the 6. The 3 goes off the 6 into the 4, and the 6 goes two rails into the 1. The cb goes to foot rail by opponent's hole.
If the shot is there! Whitey

Kybanks

Verified Member
I'm banking the 10 ball cross corner, looks like it goes! Sending the cb 3 rails back to his corner.

Island Drive

Verified Member
Pat's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- ball score is 1-1, Pat going to 7, Ghost going to 9 at this point --- and btw, the angle does not allow the 5ball to be banked around the 2ball/at the 4ball and/or 14ball, while also getting the cueball safely to the long rail/left of the 10ball --- wsPd/wwyd >>>
Bank the 5 into the 13-9....follow cue ball behind the 2 ball. Play all cue ball here. I could easily make the 9.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I'm going to bank the 5 to miss the 2 and then come off the bottom of the 9 ball, which just might go in or get close, whilst rolling the CB forward so that it gets close to the side rail behind the 2. Might have to hit the 5 a little harder than pocket speed to avoid the kiss on the advancing CB.
First thing I saw and liked...my shot as well.