Ghost vs. Pat 20 wwyd

Hardmix

Verified Member
Like alll wwyd the answer often depends on the score and what type of oponant you are up against. In this case, if my oponant is not a big ball runner I will shoot the 1 which I can assure you I don't need a mouse to make. On the other hand, if my guy can run balls and hurt me here I will deal with balls in front of his pocket now.

To all of you who want to shoot at something here, Let me offer this special pool stick; it never misses and it always gets you position.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Like alll wwyd the answer often depends on the score and what type of oponant you are up against. In this case, if my oponant is not a big ball runner I will shoot the 1 which I can assure you I don't need a mouse to make. On the other hand, if my guy can run balls and hurt me here I will deal with balls in front of his pocket now.
Agreed Ben..as well as knowing how likely it is that your opponent will know the right shot to shoot, his skill level at making a particular bank, cut, carom, etc....and also the bet amount also plays into it...

As I've said before re. my 10 years of posting up wwyd's...the amount I'm playing for has been $10-$20 in all of these wwyd's....when I play for $30 or more a game, the bets gotten too high for myself or my opponent to want to interrupt our play/concentration by taking pics...this sometimes, but not always, results in my shot choices in these wwyd's being a little more gofer-ish than what I would choose in a more serious game.

- Ghost

Last edited:

Kybanks

Verified Member
If you deal with the 14 now you are still under pressure to not leave a return bank on several balls. Running balls is the only way to neutralize the 14 ball Imo.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Ghost, Since the 9-12 combo is not there for you and controlling the cue ball then what about the 9-12-6 combo putting the 6 by your hole and rolling the cue ball up on the 1? I would think this combo allows you to stroke straighter towards the 9 giving more control over the whitey, possible? By the way thanks for your complement on the last thread, it is very appreciated! And thanks for the roasting, I am still laughing!

I like Niks B. shot of going off back side of 2 and coming up against back side of 14 if the shot is there as Dr. Bill suggests. This puts a lot of pressure on opponent. Whitey

Renegade_56

Verified Member
I'm 1 railing the 7 and getting the cue ball straight across 2 rails. If I miss the 7 it's close to the hole and he is stacked up 4 balls deep on the 14 for an offensive shot. If I make the 7 I can play off of something top of the stack towards my hole and rearrange his furniture some with the cue ball.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Well, as Kyb and Ben also liked, I decided to shoot the 1ball here...one of the things I liked about the cut on the 1ball was that I could tell that pocket speed on the 1 would coincide with the speed for shaping up good on the 7 - which it did...but surprisingly, as thin of a cut as it was, unfortunately I over cut it...here's how it ended up ----->

Well, as a coupla guys also liked, Pat shot the power shot of banking the 8ball into the balls whilst sending the cueball three rails around...good for me was that Pat sent whitey too long and too slow and sold out...except...unfortunately (for me that is)...the 8ball caromed of of the foot rail, then into the bottom of the 6 and then went into his pocket.....here's how it ended up ----->

Attachments

Last edited:

Renegade_56

Verified Member
Well, as Kyb and Ben also liked, I decided to shoot the 1ball here...one of the things I liked about the cut on the 1ball was that I could tell that pocket speed on the 1 would coincide with the speed for shaping up good on the 7 - which it did...but surprisingly, as thin of a cut as it was, unfortunately I over cut it...here's how it ended up ----->
Worked out pretty well,,,,,,,,,,,

poolisboring

Verified Member
To all of you who want to shoot at something here, Let me offer this special pool stick; it never misses and it always gets you position.
reminds me of my neighbors air guitar, a fendair..... allows him to play van halen licks at blistering tempos without making a single mistake....... also, if your special cue stick never misses, why do u need to get position? lol

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
my stubborness still thinks moving the balls by his hole would have been better
Probably would have been better against a real player, but Ghost knows his customers. I think I missed that combo. :eek:

pj
chgo

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
yes it did
nice shot ghost
my stubborness still thinks moving the balls by his hole would have been better
i guess i still have alot to learn...:)
Nah Larry...there wasn't really any clear-cut best option here - all of the shot choices picked in the thread were ok to choose.

- Ghost