Ghost vs. Pat 2 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Another one - different day...my shot here, score is Ghost ahead 3-2 - my pocket on the bottom right - again, he's going to 7, I'm going to 9...

Attachments

vapros

Verified Member
Looks like the 10 ball is hidden from you. Kick off the head rail, pocket speed. Hit it just right!

wincardona

Verified Member
Looks like the 10 ball is hidden from you. Kick off the head rail, pocket speed. Hit it just right!
For some one who kicks well that would be a very good option. If the angle for the 2ball bank into the 10ball is laying good, that would be an option too but only if the angle allows you to control the cue ball with a medium speed.

Dr. Bill

Crow

Bank the two the ten with draw leaving the cue straight on eight seven combo on rail

Miller

Verified Member
cross the seven with the emphasis on being whitey bumping those spotted balls
:)

NH Steve

Administrator
Bank the two the ten with draw leaving the cue straight on eight seven combo on rail
I don't mind banking the 2, but I would tend to hit the bank too hard if I tried to draw, and could end up sending balls my opponent's side shooting it that way. If I played that bank it would be just rolling it pocket speed to leave both the 2 and 10 right near my pocket.

Renegade_56

Verified Member
I think I'd 2 rail the 7 up and down by my hole at pocket speed and try to pull the cue ball back about where it is now.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
The way I see it there are 3 shots worth considering..banking the 2 ball isn't one of them. #1. Kicking the 10 ball isn't bad but the 2 ball is blocking the natural angle so you will have to spin it.. # 2. The shot I would choose here is crossing the 7 ball not trying to make it but instead have it sit on my end rail around where the 3 coins are and playing the cue ball up table to the corner pocket on my side that has 2 balls sitting by it.,, and finally a 3rd option depending if the ball is in the way is to bank the 8 ball toward the 10 ball and drawing off the side over to my side and using the 3 spotted balls to block him from seeing the 7 ball.

P.S. One other shot I just saw is to 2 rail the last spotted ball and have the cue ball go up table to double him up on the 8 and 7 balls or depending on the angle and table have the cue ball end up on my side rail blocking him from the 7 ball. These cue ball options would depend on the rails and speed of the table. This would be my shot if it lays right.
Is the cloth fast or slow and are the rails really bouncy?

Last edited:

Shortstop

Verified Member
Steve,I think you are right..I agree The Ghost,goes for the Tiki...

bstroud

Verified Member
Steve,

That is the correct shot.

Concentrate on putting the cue ball against the balls on the spot. Not on where the 7 ball goes.

Bill S.

jrhendy

Verified Member
Shot

Shot

Two rail the seven over on your side in between the ball already there and the side pocket and send the cue ball down to the two balls in the corner.

Island Drive

Verified Member
Or

Or

Overcut the seven slightly with draw, have it hit the long rail first....dbl the pocket and park whitey behind the twelve. Those GC's are shimmed up nicely, you could possibly make the seven and crack open the cluster. This type of close up draw is very controllable into the stack the way it appears to lay.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
cross the seven with the emphasis on being whitey bumping those spotted balls
:)

Good one, Dustin. I'm tall and have long arms so this is my pick for sure. Do you like hitting it as Rob describes, leaving the seven by the counters, or trying to get it over and up to double him on the long rail, as Mr. Henderson prefers??

dontscratch

Verified Member
I would slowly kick behind the 10 forcing my opponent to do something-not the end of the world if a ball is moved from my pocket at this stage-

NH Steve

Administrator
If somebody pulled that shot off against me i would need more than 9-7.
The trick is to look like you are doing something else and when your opponent looks away for one second then you shoot the ticky -- it happens pretty fast so there is often a little doubt about "what did he just do?" lol