Ghost vs. Pat 17 wwyd

1pwannabe

Verified Member
you've both lost your fukn minds.....:lol:lol:lol:heh:sorry

-miller
(taking this prop at dcc)
Agreed, that power shot seems like suicide from that angle on the 10, especially with the 8 blocking a lane.

Miller

Verified Member
Agreed, that power shot seems like suicide from that angle on the 10, especially with the 8 blocking a lane.
you can put him on the end rag with this shot and dare an old geezer like the ghost to shoot the deuce....
:)

(but i've been victimized by the specter numerous times and wouldn't do it....)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Pat 17 wwyd

-miller

You got it bro. I eat this shot for breakfast :).

Hey 1pw. Your posts are usually excellent. Except this one 😁. The 8 is nowhere near in the way of my shot.

Miller

Verified Member
You got it bro. I eat this shot for breakfast :).

Hey 1pw. Your posts are usually excellent. Except this one 😁. The 8 is nowhere near in the way of my shot.
lets push that $10 i owe you :D. give you 10 chances.....;)

(how you doing bro....looking forward to seeing you next month)
:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member

-miller
Maybe if you gave up carrying a purse and wearing high heels :rolleyes: then you'd have what it takes to shoot this shot like Mitch and I...:cool:

LSJohn

Verified Member
I like it Mitch, good call - I didn't look hard enough at this layout...and it's not at all a shot that's just for an aggressive player - it's a standard power shot - and the balls are very well positioned for it...I might-would switch over to your shot, especially if my bank-carom shot on the 9 was not laying good enough when accurately viewed at the table...although with your shot, I believe I would bank the 10 at the 13ball instead of at the 9ball - I think I'd get better ball action that way, and might make the 6, etc.

- Specter
Have to be at the table to decide, but Mitch said he was playin' all CB so 10 goes wherever it wants. :) From these views it looks to me that I'd be afraid to hit the 10 full enough to go at the 13 because getting all the way to the short rail might be tough. (I must be crazy... questioning you twice on one thread... put it down to too much Saki. :D )

LSJohn

Verified Member
i'll give you 10 chances as well killer.....
:p

(btw...it's a "man purse")
View attachment 13609
:D
Now you have lost your mind (or I have.) I think the shot lays good. If I didn't like my other shot I'd shoot this in a heartbeat.

I'll save you money by not taking the ten shots also if you put up a pic of the penny rack. :D

Miller

Verified Member
Now you have lost your mind (or I have.) I think the shot lays good. If I didn't like my other shot I'd shoot this in a heartbeat.

I'll save you money by not taking the ten shots also if you put up a pic of the penny rack. :D
i'll book you as well....three rails from there....land behind the deuce....lol....you got action and ten chances......

Miller

Verified Member
anybody else? $10 - $20 @ 10 chances.....

010.jpg

kitten found a nest.....

straightback

Verified Member
As I see it, You don't have to get glued to the 2 for the shot to be effective. You do need a lot of right English, though. Be advised - this is a fairly standard 3c shot and both these jokers got a little tuxedo vest hidden in their sock drawer.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Pat 17 wwyd

i'll book you as well....three rails from there....land behind the deuce....lol....you got action and ten chances......

Technically it will be a catch 4, or 5 rails by the time it comes to rest by the short rail. Also, as per my original post, it won't come to rest under the deuce, but will come under the 2 to rest on the short rail. But I know you weren't trying to use semantics to steal my (your) money :).

And you are right, Dan. Total 3c shot. I am surprised that it hasn't been diagrammed already in Bill's section.

Island Drive

Verified Member
If that 15 is not in the way, I'd def. play the Four ball bank long rail two rails and play shape behind the two ball and run out from there. Since it's a diamond, hitting that second long rail and inch plus before the pocket, it''ll straighten out, at the right speed. This bank layout offers very controllable speed of object ball and cue ball.

wincardona

Verified Member
Brother Dustin...imo, you got it half right...if it would have been my shot here, if it layed well enough, I'd shoot the 9 into the long rail and back at the 1ball, whilst drawing whitey back against the top of the 6ball/and to where my opponent can't cut the 2 in.
If the angle allows you to bank the 9ball into the 1ball and control the cue ball without giving up a shot on the 2ball that would be an option that would be hard to pass up but it looks a little "iffy" to me. Looks like you need to hit slightly to the left on the 9ball to get the action you need to make the shot effective, if so your cue ball now becomes questionable.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
Bank the ten to my side, natural roll of whitey behind the one ball and freeze it to the foot rail
This is an excellent option if there weren't any aggressive offensive options available, which I believe there are. Your table isn't really set for this option to be as appealing as an aggressive offensive option, if it were then your shot would be hard to pass up.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
An aggressive player may bank the 10 into the 9 while playing the cue around the table, under the 2, coming to rest on the short rail where the 1 will hide it. Lots of good things can happen from that 9, 6, or 2. If I shoot this I'm playing mostly cue ball to get back under that 2. Pretty natural actually.
This option is set up just about perfectly to do what you want to do, I like your shot a lot and most likely would shoot it. Ghost say's that instead of banking toward the 9ball he would consider banking toward the 13ball, his method would be also good but banking toward the 13ball may just slow the cue ball up too much to allow the shot to play natural. If so then I would choose your method of banking toward the 9ball. This is (imo) the "Home run" option, everything looks to be laying right to make this option the best choice. Speed of the cue ball ending up under the 1ball after traveling four rails (important) Nice natural angle a "three cushion" player would feel right away. Sending multiple balls toward your pocket. :eek: Can you ask for anything more.:D

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
anybody else? $10 - $20 @ 10 chances.....

View attachment 13610

kitten found a nest.....
Mr. Miller, you should save your money for ME:D there is an angle to get the QB round three rails as long as there is room to cut the 10 enough.

I think Mitch has been secretly watching me shoot these shots. In the last three days I've shot similar shots ten times and only sold out once:eek:

LSJohn

Verified Member
Oh, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought we were talking about going around the 2 to the bottom rail. I think it lays just right for that, but to end behind the 2 I think the second rail has to be almost in the corner pocket to come short enough. No bet on that one.