Ghost vs. Pat 17 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Pat's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- ball score is 1-1, Pat going to 7, Ghost going to 9 --- and btw, the angle does not allow the 5ball to be banked around the 2ball/at the 4ball and/or 14ball, while also getting the cueball safely to the long rail/left of the 10ball - as I've said in other wwyd's - if that shot were available, I wouldn't have posted the layout because it would obviously be the best (and only) choice (Although as usual, there'll be at least one chucklehead who'll pick that shot anyway :heh :rolleyes: :lol ) --- wsPd/wwyd ----->

Attachments

Miller

Verified Member
think i'd shoot the 9 into the 2 and try to freeze ghosty on the 6
:)

LSJohn

Verified Member
For me to get the CB on the 6 that way would probably either make the 9 for him -- which wouldn't really be too bad -- or let the CB come off the 6 and give up a shot on the 1 if I tried to get the 9 to hit the 2 on the up-table side, which would be real bad.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Brother Dustin...imo, you got it half right...if it would have been my shot here, if it lays well enough, I'd shoot the 9 into the long rail and back at the 1ball, whilst drawing whitey back against the top of the 6ball/and to where my opponent can't cut the 2 in.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
John's shot is good. But I might bank the 10 over to my side, and roll the CB off the side rail to snuggle up behind the deuce. Tough for the opponent to get out of that one without leaving something...

~Doc

Miller

Verified Member
Brother Dustin...imo, you got it half right...if it would have been my shot here, Id'a shot the 9 into the long rail and back at the 1ball, whilst drawing whitey back against the 6ball.
that's certainly easier to execute and a better shot.....

(got beat on all day by figueroa and trying to recover....:eek:)

lll

Verified Member
i would knock the 10 on my side getting rid of one threat bounce into the back of the 2 getting rid of that threat and leaving the cue ball on the foot rail.:eek:
if i dont get to the foot rail i still havent left much and moved 2 threats
even for me
i dont think im dreaming on this one (icbw..:eek:)
gg11.jpg

Island Drive

Verified Member
Bank the ten to my side, natural roll of whitey behind the one ball and freeze it to the foot rail

LSJohn

Verified Member
Brother Dustin...imo, you got it half right...if it would have been my shot here, if it layed well enough, I'd shoot the 9 into the long rail and back at the 1ball, whilst drawing whitey back against the top of the 6ball/and to where my opponent can't cut the 2 in.
Looks to me that you have to barely miss the 2 with the 9 to hit the 1 at all, then it's off the bottom rail where the 9 can come right at the CB.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Pat 17 wwyd

An aggressive player may bank the 10 into the 9 while playing the cue around the table, under the 2, coming to rest on the short rail where the 1 will hide it. Lots of good things can happen from that 9, 6, or 2. If I shoot this I'm playing mostly cue ball to get back under that 2. Pretty natural actually.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
An aggressive player may bank the 10 into the 9 while playing the cue around the table, under the 2, coming to rest on the short rail where the 1 will hide it. Lots of good things can happen from that 9, 6, or 2. If I shoot this I'm playing mostly cue ball to get back under that 2. Pretty natural actually.
I like it Mitch, good call - I didn't look hard enough at this layout...and it's not at all a shot that's just for an aggressive player - it's a standard power shot - and the balls are very well positioned for it...I might-would switch over to your shot, especially if my bank-carom shot on the 9 was not laying good enough when accurately viewed at the table...although with your shot, I believe I would bank the 10 at the 13ball instead of at the 9ball - I think I'd get better ball action that way, and might make the 6, etc.

- Specter

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Pat 17 wwyd

I like it Mitch, good call...and it's not at all a shot that's just for an aggressive player - it's a standard power shot - and the balls are very well positioned for it...I think I might switch over to your shot..:eek:..although I believe I would bank the 10 at the 13ball instead of the 9 - might make the 6, etc.

- Specter

Good to hear Ghostie. Yeah. The 13 would be great as well. That doesn't matter as much to me as I mentioned, I am really playing the cue mainly to end up where I want it. It will definitely go into the 13 or the 9 and I like it either way.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Bank the ten to my side, natural roll of whitey behind the one ball and freeze it to the foot rail
Others like moving the ten ball to your side. That is a good option but I like your placement of the cue ball better. My objective would be to hide him from the four ball.

beatle

Verified Member
the simple shot is to bank the ten into the eight which can bring 4 balls to a better spot than what is there.

just leave him behind the 2. dont get fancy for fancy sakes.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Shoot the 5 at the 2 sending CB at the bottom half of the 10.

I'm eager to see other choices because that one sticks out like a sore thumb to me.
I like this shot the best of all, it's easy and you'll get good results with whitey. If you focus on making sure you don't hit the 2 straight on with the 5 (the 5 might remain behind...) then you'll leave nothing and both balls should come to your side.

Miller

Verified Member
I like it Mitch, good call - I didn't look hard enough at this layout...and it's not at all a shot that's just for an aggressive player - it's a standard power shot - and the balls are very well positioned for it...I think I might switch over to your shot..:eek:..although I believe I would bank the 10 at the 13ball instead of the 9ball - I think I'd get better ball action that way, and might make the 6, etc.

- Specter
you've both lost your fukn minds.....:lol:lol:lol:heh:sorry

-miller
(taking this prop at dcc)