Ghost vs. Pat 16 wwyd

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I think the 2 rail intentional is by FAR the best option here. Anyone really wanting to understand the game P.M. for reasons the intentional is best by far.

have a nice day:)

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I see a shot that I would consider shooting. If the 7ball is lined up to shoot into the right edge of the 10ball I would shoot the 7ball to cut the 10ball to the left and follow the cue. ball to the side rail past the side pocket and float to the top rail. As long as my cue ball ends up on or near the top rail I would like my shot.

Dr. Bill
The 7 ball should come back towards your hole wouldn't it? The angle looks good for it to bank back. I like this a lot if it's on.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I see a shot that I would consider shooting. If the 7ball is lined up to shoot into the right edge of the 10ball I would shoot the 7ball to cut the 10ball to the left and follow the cue. ball to the side rail past the side pocket and float to the top rail. As long as my cue ball ends up on or near the top rail I would like my shot. Dr. Bill
Not a bad idea from an older guy from Pittsburgh.:D It might be a little difficult to get enough follow steam on the CB from that close, but a guy with a decent stroke could do it. Great shot if you can get the CB up near the pocket behind the 12.

~Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I see a shot that I would consider shooting. If the 7ball is lined up to shoot into the right edge of the 10ball I would shoot the 7ball to cut the 10ball to the left and follow the cue. ball to the side rail past the side pocket and float to the top rail. As long as my cue ball ends up on or near the top rail I would like my shot.

Dr. Bill
Except...that the 10 could very well go into the 9ball - which would leave your opponent a clear look at the 6, and may also leave your opponent a straight in shot on the 9 or the 10.

- Ghost

lll

Verified Member
ok
WE HAVE DISCUSSED THIS TO DEATH
what was shot and
MOST IMPORTANT
what did ghost think was the best reply

jtompilot

Verified Member
I think the 2 rail intentional is by FAR the best option here. Anyone really wanting to understand the game P.M. for reasons the intentional is best by far.

have a nice day:)
From almost anywhere up table, unless your behind the 12, your going to be put back close to where you are now or one or more of your balls are going to get moved.

Have a super fine day:D

jtompilot

Verified Member

Dr. Bill
That's about what I was talking about but not quite as far with the QB.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
It's a tough spot, and I don't believe there are any high% shots here to allow you to hold your position...that said...there is one shot available, an intentional, where if your speed is perfect, you can snooker and possibly trap your opponent - and it is a safe shot - and although of course doable, it would not be simple for your opponent to take an effective intentional back at you...what that shot is, and the shot I believe would be my choice here is this...

I would lag the cueball into my opponent's long rail, to then softly rebound back directly at the center of the 14ball - with just enough speed to end up frozen against it...for this shot, a table that had any up-table roll along the foot rail would not be a good thing - conversely a table with a slight down-table roll would be ideal.

- Ghost

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
Ahem...I discussed :D that option in a post last night..as copied below ----->

PS, And it's impossible for me to be put in deep doo-doo over by dere <---explanations of that given by request...:heh

- Specter
Why is it impossible to put you in trouble down there? (I assume you mean unless somebody -- you know, like Efren or me :D -- froze you to the back of the 12.... that angle is available, isn't it?)

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Why is it impossible to put you in trouble down there? (I assume you mean unless somebody -- you know, like Efren or me :D -- froze you to the back of the 12.... that angle is available, isn't it?)
Brother John...the answer is simple - and no, it don't matter if you and brother Efren freeze me to the back of the 12...

Because you and Efren, will have taken the first scratch - which puts me in control - if I decide to scratch back, youse guys will have to come out from under that 12ball first - not me.

- Specter

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
It's a tough spot, and I don't believe there are any high% shots here to allow you to hold your position...that said...there is one shot available, an intentional, where if your speed is perfect, you can snooker and possibly trap your opponent - and it is a safe shot - and although of course doable, it would not be simple for your opponent to take an effective intentional back at you...what that shot is, and the shot I believe would be my choice here is this...

I would lag the cueball into my opponent's long rail, to then softly rebound back directly at the center of the 14ball - with just enough speed to end up frozen against it...for this shot, a table that had any up-table roll along the foot rail would not be a good thing - conversely a table with a slight down-table roll would be ideal.

- Ghost
Ok, I didn't think of that one. The trap is a bad angle on the 10 ball bank, might be the only thing to hope to get close and pray for a long miss.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Ok, I didn't think of that one. The trap is a bad angle on the 10 ball bank, might be the only thing to hope to get close and pray for a long miss.

A ball will spot behind the ten. I mentioned the shot a few minutes after the diagram was put up. A Cooney type shot. He liked those a lot...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
A ball will spot behind the ten. I mentioned the shot a few minutes after the diagram was put up. A Cooney type shot. He liked those a lot...
My bad Jimmy...I guess you put your post up so fast, I slept it...anyways, as the old saying goes - 'grape vines drink alike'...:)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
From almost anywhere up table, unless your behind the 12, your going to be put back close to where you are now or one or more of your balls are going to get moved.

Have a super fine day:D
Well Jim thats why you play the way you do and are not a better player.. you should be asking instead of telling like in this case.. sorry buddy..

you have a super nice day also:)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Nice shot, Jimmy and Ghost. Like you say, the speed has to be perfect to snuggle up near the 14 ball. Although if the leave were to allow the opponent to see the 1 or 7, the shot loses its standing. It's an Artie B. shot, although I suspect that Artie would take my shot, by fanning the 7 and rolling the CB to the head rail.

~Doc

wincardona

Verified Member
There is another shot that will preserve your position and allow you to further develop it on your next inning at the table. Please try this shot before giving me a negative reply to this option, I have tried this shot several times with great results from the position referenced.

If the 14ball is frozen this shot works better but it will still be workable even if the 14ball is very close to the rail. Pinch draw the cue ball and play the double kiss off the 14ball, the cue ball will go to the side rail between the side pocket and the first diamond short of the pocket. From there you will have protected your position. The 5ball and 10ball will protect the 6ball and the 1ball will be doubled up with the 7ball. The 14ball should end up several inches from the rail it was frozen to and leave nothing but a awkward angle if the shooter wants to play off the 14ball. If the cue ball ends up frozen on the side rail then the shot becomes even stronger, you figure to have a good return off your opponents reply , possibly something with the 9ball banking it back toward your pocket.

Try this shot you will be pleasantly surprised with the simplicity of the execution with the shot.

Remember to pinch draw the cue ball (softly) :D;)

Dr. Bill

libertyclick

Well Jim thats why you play the way you do and are not a better player.. you should be asking instead of telling like in this case.. sorry buddy..

you have a super nice day also:)
Ha! I am certainly guilty of that! I must confess I spend time on a forum where we just forego humility and take it in stride when corrected. I too often state as fact while hoping someone smarter will correct me (and thus grow).

Pinch draw the cue ball and play the double kiss off the 14ball, the cue ball will go to the side rail between the side pocket and the first diamond short of the pocket.
Cool shot!

jtompilot

Verified Member
There is another shot that will preserve your position and allow you to further develop it on your next inning at the table. Please try this shot before giving me a negative reply to this option, I have tried this shot several times with great results from the position referenced.

If the 14ball is frozen this shot works better but it will still be workable even if the 14ball is very close to the rail. Pinch draw the cue ball and play the double kiss off the 14ball, the cue ball will go to the side rail between the side pocket and the first diamond short of the pocket. From there you will have protected your position. The 5ball and 10ball will protect the 6ball and the 1ball will be doubled up with the 7ball. The 14ball should end up several inches from the rail it was frozen to and leave nothing but a awkward angle if the shooter wants to play off the 14ball. If the cue ball ends up frozen on the side rail then the shot becomes even stronger, you figure to have a good return off your opponents reply , possibly something with the 9ball banking it back toward your pocket.

Try this shot you will be pleasantly surprised with the simplicity of the execution with the shot.

Remember to pinch draw the cue ball (softly) :D;)

Dr. Bill
Nice one. I'll work on that. Usually I scratch when accidentally kissing:D

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Pat 16 wwyd

Takes great touch, but how about lagging one rail onto the bottom side of the 10? Ball gets spotted with the cue snugged behind it. Leaves the 12 bank but you still have a huge table advantage.