Ghost vs. Pat 14 wwyd

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
NEW DEVELOPMENT!!!

I'm thrilled to say that I got a good report from my doctor and I don't have a major problem with my back. He put me on steroids and hopefully in a few days to a week I will have some relief. So with that said I went to the table and experimented on a shot that I thought may be available in this position, and it was.:D

There are 4 balls near the foot spot, the 13ball is not on the foot spot it sits high and to the left of the spot and the 3ball is positioned to the side of the 13ball on an angle to send it near the shooters pocket if he shoots off the 3ball.
My suggestion is to shoot into the 3ball like you were to cut it very slightly to your left (kinda like playing the outside of the pocket with the 3ball) and follow the cue ball to the center diamond behind the 8ball. The 3ball ends up very close to your pocket and the 13ball will bank under the 8ball and either contact the 11ball (bottom ball) or slightly miss it. In either case you will have at least two balls very close to your pocket and the cue ball either frozen or very close to the side rail behind the 8ball.:D BINGO!!

I tried the shot several times and the results that I got clearly led me to believe that the shooter is the favorite from this position if he shoots this shot.

Dr. Bill
I'm happy to hear the news about your back troubles might be healed I helped Jack Cooney with his back troubles about 20 years ago. I took 2 lessons from a yoga teacher about how to stretch your back and it really helped me. One of the stretches was called the mountain exercise.Hope to see you at D.C.C. Do you like $2 hotdogs if so I'm buying. FastEddieF.

wincardona

Verified Member
I'm happy to hear the news about your back troubles might be healed I helped Jack Cooney with his back troubles about 20 years ago. I took 2 lessons from a yoga teacher about how to stretch your back and it really helped me. One of the stretches was called the mountain exercise.Hope to see you at D.C.C. Do you like $2 hotdogs if so I'm buying. FastEddieF.
Bring the Ebel if you're willing to come down on the price.:heh I only eat all beef dogs on a good bun. Thanks.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
dr. bill
glad to know you should be better soon:)
larry

wincardona

Verified Member
Great news Dr Billy. Just keep careful of pain medication.
They can be brutal over time.
Look forward to see you posting and hearing your thoughts about the recent SS tournament.
The tournament was run very well and I enjoyed myself (in spite of my back problems) very much. I was feeling pretty good the first day I was in Houston but day two was not so good. I practiced very good when I first arrived and thought that I would do well in the tournament but on day two is when my back started to pain me. I thought that I could still do well but I was having problems with my concentration and didn't play good in any of the four matches I played. John Henderson played very well against me and I would have had to play my best game to have beaten him..even then it would have been tough. Buddy Hall imo is the best senior citizen player alive, he "double crossed" himself when he gambled with "Kid Carl" from New Orleans the night before he played in the last day of the tournament. He played a long time with Carl and was struggling with his back, plus he lost quite a bit of money in the match which didn't help matters. Henderson played well in all his matches that I watched, unfortunately I didn't get to see the final day I was in my room laid up. Houston was fun and hopefully there will be another event there, if so I will be there better prepared to play.

Good playing John, you blew the spot you have been asking me for...even is our game.:heh

Dr. Bill

jtompilot

Verified Member
NEW DEVELOPMENT!!!

I'm thrilled to say that I got a good report from my doctor and I don't have a major problem with my back. He put me on steroids and hopefully in a few days to a week I will have some relief. So with that said I went to the table and experimented on a shot that I thought may be available in this position, and it was.:D

There are 4 balls near the foot spot, the 13ball is not on the foot spot it sits high and to the left of the spot and the 3ball is positioned to the side of the 13ball on an angle to send it near the shooters pocket if he shoots off the 3ball.
My suggestion is to shoot into the 3ball like you were to cut it very slightly to your left (kinda like playing the outside of the pocket with the 3ball) and follow the cue ball to the center diamond behind the 8ball. The 3ball ends up very close to your pocket and the 13ball will bank under the 8ball and either contact the 11ball (bottom ball) or slightly miss it. In either case you will have at least two balls very close to your pocket and the cue ball either frozen or very close to the side rail behind the 8ball.:D BINGO!!

I tried the shot several times and the results that I got clearly led me to believe that the shooter is the favorite from this position if he shoots this shot.

Dr. Bill
That is almost the same shot I posted a page or two ago that Ghost commented on. I like it a lot when there are no other good shots available. I don't think you can get behind the 8 with cutting the 3, but that would be better

Jim

Island Drive

Verified Member
Bill good for you. Nice to get good news. I had a similar outcome a couple months ago.

wincardona

Verified Member
That is almost the same shot I posted a page or two ago that Ghost commented on. I like it a lot when there are no other good shots available. I don't think you can get behind the 8 with cutting the 3, but that would be better

Jim
jtompilot jtompilot

What if you cut the 3 with stun to leave the QB on the diamond below the 9.
The 3 moves close to your hole, 13 crosses, and the other two balls block return banks and hides the 3.
Sorry Jim I didn't read your post, the only difference between the two shots is that you're stunning the cue ball (directing it toward the 9ball) and i'm following the cue ball behind the 8ball. You say I can't get behind the 8ball I say I can, try it and see for yourself. The shot plays stronger by following the cue ball by not allowing your opponent to deal comfortably with the ending position of the 3ball and 13ball, and possibly the 11ball.

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Well, Pat shot the 2-railer, and played his cueball 2-rails back around.....he almost got the cueball all the way around to get safe on the 4ball but he did just barely leave me a cut on it....and he got real lucky that by chance he left me snookered behind the 8ball so that I couldn't see the 5ball :cautious:....here's how it turned out ----->

Attachments

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
Sorry Jim I didn't read your post, the only difference between the two shots is that you're stunning the cue ball (directing it toward the 9ball) and i'm following the cue ball behind the 8ball. You say I can't get behind the 8ball I say I can, try it and see for yourself. The shot plays stronger by following the cue ball by not allowing your opponent to deal comfortably with the ending position of the 3ball and 13ball, and possibly the 11ball.

Dr. Bill
That's part of these pics that I wasn't sure you could get behind the 8 with that angle because I agree that is much stronger than below the 9.

jtompilot

Verified Member
I was wondering if anybody would suss out that I had kind of a riddle going on between this wwyd vs. Pat, and my last one vs. Clyde - but nobody did... =

I put these two wwyd's up in tandem because in each one my opponent was in a bad spot, they had the top right pocket...and...they both decided that the offensive shot was their best bet, and so they both shot the same 2-railer, along with the two-railed cueball...:eek:...

Pat didn't hit his 2-railer all that good, :sorry Pat, but he got real lucky, and with that fat juicy 5ball sitting there for me, just by chance he left me snookered behind the 8ball...:frus...(although I can cut the 4) :)...here's how his shot turned out ----->
You still have rail first on the 2