Ghost vs. Mike 4 - end game - wwyd?

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
Trying to move balls away has a high percentage of unfavorable consequences. A one rail kick behind the 5 ball is more than just conservative...it is just smart.

Last edited:

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Bank the 15 ball cross corner center cue ball cue goes 4 rails and lands on left side rail.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
I would play a firm masse around to kick and stick the 5 ball . Big target there and could probably get it uptable on my side.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Well another very interesting wwyd by the master...
I’ve said I’d try to win it, by cutting the 12 ball, rather than play a tough safety...
Most regulars have chimed in their opinions as well...But WDGD?
I pretty sure Bruce is not trying to cut the 12, he’s a Republican... :)

I don’t know his game, so some of youse more familiar with it might have a better idea of what ghost did...

But strictly guessing, I’d say whatever he did, it involved either moving the 5 into a position to block a one rail long bank,
Or some form of kicking to get behind the 5 to prevent a look at that 15 ball long rail bank...
Masse kicking, either around the 15, or around the 12, both have different difficulties, while kicking to get behind the 5 can only be accomplished in 3 ways, long rail/long rail and settle, (easiest imo) then long rail/ foot rail and settle, ( very difficult and speed sensitive)
Or an around the world 6 rail kick outta the upper right hand corner, which actually lays pretty good...

OTOH,
Ghost may have tried to move the 5 with the 15, or the 12... lol.
or he might have tried to bank the 12 one rail with soft draw on the cb to try and settle the cb behind the 5 that way...

Whatever he did, he had great vision in snapping this pic for a wwyd! And he most surely had a solution to this very interesting wwyd before he even snapped the pic! Now that’s pretty sporty friends and neighbors!

Ghost is the master tactician, so whatever he did or attempted to do in this spot will be a good lesson to us all...

Thank you Oh Spooky One...

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
As Ben, Chris, Larry, Billy I. and Tennessee Joe also liked, and as Jeff guessed..I shot the three rail intentional kick, meaning to end up on the back side of the 5................and T-Joe said it well:

Trying to move balls away has a high percentage of unfavorable consequences. A kick behind the 5 ball is more than just conservative...it is just smart.
And being as how I'm a 3cushion player, and a 'pocket speed One Pocket player', I felt comfortable judging the angle and the speed for the shot...Another reason that this was a good choice for me, is that I out-move Mike by a fair amount, which will impact the game going forward....all that said, fortunately I did hit the shot accurately, and here's how it ended up. >>>

P.S. Mike can't see the spotted ball.

Last edited:

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
Great touch, Ghost! Just wonder what was Mike's shot ? Did he also take an intentional to try to leave you uptable again ?

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Well it looks like you hit it about as good as you could have. Wouldn't a real good player, bank the 5 one rail and then the spotted ball 3 rails?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Luke, which 3 rails did you kick off of?
Doc, sorry if I was unclear
...my long rail, Mike's long rail, and then on to the foot rail.

Great touch, Ghost! Just wonder what was Mike's shot ? Did he also take an intentional to try to leave you uptable again ?
>>>

Well it looks like you hit it about as good as you could have. Wouldn't a real good player, bank the 5 one rail and then the spotted ball 3 rails?
Sure, he could shoot that bank Billy - tough bank though, cuz he's gotta jack on up - the cueball's on the rail.

P.S. And Brit-brother Ratamon :) Mike is a young aggressive player, fires at his pocket a lot - he doesn't understand taking intentionals too much yet...that said, Billy's mentioned bank on the 5ball is what Mike shot - he didn't make it though - drilled it hard - it ended up all the way back up-table.

- Ghost

jtompilot

Verified Member
Danny Smith has made that bank and a similar bank jacked over a ball a few times against me. I might be able to make that bank once or twice in a hundred tries.

unoperro

Verified Member
Wasn't there a natural 3 rail into the back of the 5 ? Head rail-longrail-footrail. If you have good "pocket speed" doesn't that translate to kick speed also ?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Wasn't there a natural 3 rail into the back of the 5 ? Head rail-longrail-footrail. If you have good "pocket speed" doesn't that translate to kick speed also ?
Sure, you could also shoot it that way...for me though, I liked judging the angle a little better shooting it long rail first, like I did....also, re. your option..being only a few inches from the head rail made it harder to visualize the angle - if the cueball was lying a coupla feet back from the head rail, it would have been easier to judge the angle for that shot.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
P.S. And Brit-brother Ratamon :) Mike is a young aggressive player, fires at his pocket a lot - he doesn't understand taking intentionals too much yet...that said, Billy's mentioned bank on the 5ball is what Mike shot - he didn't make it though - drilled it hard - it ended up all the way back up-table.
- Ghost
Thanks for replying my Ameri-bro Ghost! Oh my, the CB looks froze or near froze to the top rail so it looks like the only option is to follow the CB. If that's the case, it's anyone's guess where it ended up after Mike fired away at that 5 ball.