Ghost vs. Mike 4 - end game - wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
My shot --- my pocket is at the top right --- score is 6 to 6 --- tough spot, not many options --- pockets are tight = 4-1/4", & playing tighter due to current heat/humidity --- the 5ball cannot be kicked off of the foot rail unless you masse' around the 15 --- wwyd?

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Either kick cross corner to get behind 5 intentional or if I'm feeling groggy I like shooting the 15 into his long rail and to foot rail hopefully taking both out...cb goes to my long rail then settle on foot rail

Tobermory

Verified Member
Tough spot, indeed. Lots of ways to lose on this turn. If I want to be super conservative, I’d just take the intentional foul by kicking off the long rail on the right to leave the cue ball somewhere under the 5. If it lines up right, though, I’d two rail the 12 to take out the 5 and follow the cue ball on the same line as the 12 ball to leave it near his pocket.

If I wanted to show off and felt mad at my money, I’d load up with a lot of low right english and bank the 15 whilst drawing the cue ball to the side rail and try to drift it under the 5 ball in case I missed.

lll

Verified Member
I will take over for mitch
Bank the 12
Go 5 rails for shape on the 5 and you are out!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::) 🙏

Island Drive

Verified Member
12 Ball two rails, moves both balls too your side. 12 o'clock cue ball, lay whitey on the foot rail, bout 1/2 diamond from the pocket. Or take the free shot.... cut the 12 go 3 rails behind the 5.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Cut
12 Ball two rails, moves both balls too your side. 12 o'clock cue ball, lay whitey on the foot rail, bout 1/2 diamond from the pocket. Or take the free shot.... cut the 12 go 3 rails behind the 5.
I’m with ya 2nd choice biggun... cut the 12 with low left spin english... cb goes to the rail above side pocket, then below the opposite side pocket, then the spin carries it below and behind the 5... only worries are the kiss, missing the pocket with the 12, and losing the game! Other than those, it’s a piece of cake!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
take the free shot.... cut the 12 go 3 rails behind the 5.
Cut

I’m with ya 2nd choice biggun... cut the 12 with low left spin english... cb goes to the rail above side pocket, then below the opposite side pocket, then the spin carries it below and behind the 5... only worries are the kiss, missing the pocket with the 12, and losing the game! Other than those, it’s a piece of cake!
------>

catkins

Verified Member
if I can see the 12 (Meaning if I know I will make it) I will shoot it and focus just on making the ball if not I am kicking under the 5 focusing on hooding him from the rest of the table

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
if I can see the 12 (Meaning if I know I will make it) I will shoot it and focus just on making the ball if not I am kicking under the 5 focusing on hooding him from the rest of the table
Chris, and whoever else...just in case you didn't notice, in my op >>>

My shot --- my pocket is at the top right --- score is 6 to 6 --- tough spot, not many options --- pockets are tight = 4-1/4", & playing tighter due to current heat/humidity --- the 5ball cannot be kicked off of the foot rail unless you masse' around the 15 --- wwyd?

catkins

Verified Member
sorry my bad I meant taking intentional and rolling under same shot as hardmix

vapros

Verified Member
I'm with Fats. 12 ball two rails under the 5 and leave Jojo right in front of John's pocket. I'm surprised you had to ask. :)

catkins

Verified Member
if your feeling really sporty you two rail kick long short and bank the 5 to your pocket

beatle

Verified Member
one of those two balls are going into the five. might just send them flying or maybe one can bank over to my hole. i would have to be at the table to make the final choice.

no way on earth would i take a foul here especially with the tight pockets. with very tight pockets each ball you give back is worth a lot more than normal. neither would i shoot the 12.

wincardona

Verified Member
I would masse around the 15ball for my first choice and my second choice would be to take an intentional off the side rail to end up hopefully in the back of the 5ball. The intentional should not be hit with the speed to pass under the 5ball leaving a bank on the 12ball. I'm assuming the 15ball doesn't bank. If the 15ball banks then the intentional isn't worth a quarter. and also lessens the value with the masse option.
Dr. Bill