Ghost vs. John WWYD?

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
It's the last game of a race to 10. The score is Ghosty 7 balls and John 6 balls. Ghosty left John this layout. What would you do?

john's safety.jpg

jtompilot

Verified Member
Cut the stripe, qb goes 4 rails and ends up on the foot rail by johns point counter. Bank the 3 and win

petie

Verified Member
I would cut the stripe into my pocket with draw right and go 4 rails to the foot rail.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
It certainly lays well to cut the 12, and that would probably be my choice too, under normal circumstances...But, if not hit well, you could very well leave a bank for Ghosty's game ball !...I think John chose the right right shot for him, in this very pressurized situation.

Island Drive

Verified Member
I like cuttin' the stripe straight towards the upper l/h corner, come up short and lay a natural rolling cue ball to the bottom rail a diamond from the pocket.

beatle

Verified Member
needing two if the angle is okay i cut and go around for the bank and out.

if you miss you may still not lose the game.

or i hit the low ball with low outside and bank it to my hole and bring the cue ball around three rails to his side and hope to try to block the ball with the up table ball.

when you need two and he needs one, shots that give you a chance to get them both or make him sell out are the key shots to shoot

Dudley

Verified Member
This is what I would do.

If you leave the 15 in a good spot he might be forced to move the 3 or leave you a chance to take it out on the next shot.

Dudley

john's safety.jpg

Last edited:

blindlemon

Verified Member
I'm 71, I'm tired, not playing my best. And I'm playing for a sizeable bet. I'm going to go rail first with draw killing the cue ball on the rail and moving the ball by his pocket to the back pocket on my side. He will then probably bank the ball in the middle toward his pocket. I don't believe he will make it. I will then reposition this ball to where I put the last ball. While I know I need both balls, I'm thinking I have a better chance if there is only 1 ball in play at any one time. It gives me a lot more freedom to move a ball away from his pocket and/or shoot at mine while controling whitey. I'm not going to get aggressive here. When I was young I most probably would have shot the " $20.00 shot but not here not now

Johng

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
That's the shot I like too, BL. Leave the stripe where it is. One could even make an argument for not shooting the 3-ball too hard so that it would be in play in case the opponent went for the stripe straight back.

A guy could also kick the 3 from behind; but going rail first allows for better control, and allows good positioning on the shooter's side.

Doc

bstroud

Verified Member
Anyone that doesn't move the 5 ball away from the pocket hates money.

The real question is where?

With your opponent needing just one ball for the match you simply can not leave a shot of any kind toward his pocket.

Bill S.

Dudley

Verified Member
I think he is going to kick at the ball from there Dudley, and try and win the game.
That is not a reply I was thinking about... hmm

That would be an aggressive kick with chances of selling out maybe? Or maybe others hit that kick better than I do.. lol

I was trying to protect all the banks. (forgot about kicks)

Dudley

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
After three days of playing I not taking any chances. I'm waiting for a better opportunity while not giving up any offensive shot. I'm looking to leave that ball tight to the rail with a soft kick.
soft kick.jpg