Ghost vs. John 49 - wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
My shot, my pocket is at the bottom right - the ball score is 6-5, Ghost ahead, both going to 8 --- I'm in a tricky situation here, trying to find a shot so-as to not leave John a makeable shot of any kind --- the cueball and the 12ball are froze to the foot rail...and no, since I don't bank better than Sky, Billy Thorpe and Justin Hall, and I'm not madder than hell at my money, I'm not banking the 11 straight back here ☠......wwyd?
007.JPG

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I went down and shot at it for about 30 minutes or so.
Since about the only true safe place on the table is somewhere in a line with those 3 balls on his side, from below, and getting the one up in them somewhere, I tried thinning the one with left and bringing it up the rail toward the other 3 with the speed to get my cueball behind those balls like I said .
I could get the cueball speed behind those balls, but the one always came up short and left a cut shot , sometimes a really tough cut but still a shot.
Or the cueball got up too high when I hit the one a bit more full, to make sure it was out of play.
Right now , for me the best play is to give him the ball and draw back between the middle diamond and the first diamond on the bottom rail , staying frozen to the rail is of utmost importance to me. I also get to learn something about my opponents game by doing this,
This applies to any level player.
If you or I, don't feel confident shooting the 11 bank while frozen to the rail, and leave it for him, and he jumps right up and sends it at his hole , I don't care what level you are , your probably in a bad game.
I might make sure it wasn't a fluke but if he passed the test a couple of times , I'm finding someone with more money and less talent.
If you are in a tournament , you probably weren't supposed to win anyway.

Last edited:

Kybanks

Verified Member
I am crossing over the 12 ball about a 1/4 ball hit with all the inside English I can get. Hopefully 2 railing the 12 ball out to the middle of the table. The cb should travel to his long rail and back to my long rail around the side pocket.

lll

Verified Member
I am crossing over the 12 ball about a 1/4 ball hit with all the inside English I can get. Hopefully 2 railing the 12 ball out to the middle of the table. The cb should travel to his long rail and back to my long rail around the side pocket.
my shot too
here is the result on the first try
ghist shot.jpg

Attachments

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I like this shot too as long as you can avoid the double kiss. Otherwise, like Billy I may just give him the ball and draw back around where the coins are on the bottom rail

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Wow...this wwyd has been up for 14 hours and just 3 responses...I guess, unfortunately, a lot of guys are still MIA re. this new version of op.org....or they're not posting up a shot cuz they're brain-locked and don't know what to do here 😵

catkins

Verified Member
if I could figure out a way to move the 12 and not leave even a flier bank and keep the cue ball froze I think I would but that is all of the reasons I would chose to make the ball as having my opponent shoot up table froze to the rail and try to find a defensive position where I don't have an advantage seem better to me

Kybanks

Verified Member
I dont like making the 12 here because of my opponents ball position, seems like to me I may be on the defensive for a minute.

catkins

Verified Member
I can see that.. Just off hand what would you play from froze on the rail facing the three balls up table ?

catkins

Verified Member
sorry I ment from here. It was mostly a question to further discusion the out of a a given shot to change the momentum of the gameghost follow shot.jpg

Kybanks

Verified Member
sorry I ment from here. It was mostly a question to further discusion the out of a a given shot to change the momentum of the gameView attachment 429713
There are 2 shots here that put the incoming player in a bad position. 1 is to thin the 11 towards the side pocket and put the cb around your pocket and the 2nd is to barely cut the 11 ball by the 8 ball to the long rail and leave the cb in the middle of the table and make your opponent figure out how to return the cb to the end rail and not leave a free bank

baby huey

Verified Member
This is a tough spot to be in. I can't see just making the ball and drawing the cueball back. You just put the opponent on the hill. I think I'd gamble and play a three rail safety off the 12 ball and try to get the cueball to go between the eight and thirteen balls which would bring the cueball back to where it currently rests. It's tough shot for sure but there's no easy escape here.

OldSchool

Verified Member
Wow...this wwyd has been up for 14 hours and just 3 responses...I guess, unfortunately, a lot of guys are still MIA re. this new version of op.org....or they're not posting up a shot cuz they're brain-locked and don't know what to do here 😵
Ghost, I don't usually post in your wwyd's, but I really enjoy viewing them and all of the replies. I hope the fact that these days you're not getting many responses will not stop you from continuing to post them up. I see what you're saying though, I can think of about 12 different well known members who always post in these wwyd's, that have not posted in this one.

C'mon guys, do your part and keep posting in these wwyd's. As many people have said, they're the most educational and interesting threads on onepocket.org and we don't want the Ghost to stop putting them up.

Old School

catkins

Verified Member
This is a tough spot to be in. I can't see just making the ball and drawing the cueball back. You just put the opponent on the hill. I think I'd gamble and play a three rail safety off the 12 ball and try to get the cueball to go between the eight and thirteen balls which would bring the cueball back to where it currently rests. It's tough shot for sure but there's no easy escape here.
from what I read it is ghosts shot who has 6 so making the ball means you both need two which is why I chose to make the ball

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
bank off point! I believe you click on the blue and the video comes up, and then click once again on the video to get sound.
I heard the calling of oldschool so here I am participating!
Not making the shot would of made it more interesting, but the return shot is to take out the ball by my hole, most likely. If he decides to shoot the 11 then it is a slight back cut which makes it harder to deal with a ball by my hole. It is a stop gap shot as the others are, to live for another shot, and to overcome this adverse situation. But if you happen to make it, who knows. But of course you could hit it poorly and leave a shot, but that is true with a lot of shots.
I liked my odds of leaving him long vs. leaving the cb on this end of the table, for this shot. Whitey

Last edited: