Ghost vs. John 48 - wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Last view ----->

P.S. I figured out how to put up this new wwyd..but, like Doc, beatle, etc. I don't like this new format, at all...for example: Why doesn't the pic show up full size with/when you open up the post, instead of having to click on the picture separately? - that sucks.

P.P.S. Chris...I'm not hating on you though - you're golden :) - I'm hating on v-Bulletin :mad:.

Attachments

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I think the 11 straight back is the easiest shot, taking care not to leave a shot for the opponent on the 15 if missed. Otherwise, the 10 is bankable cross corner (no kiss).

Island Drive

Verified Member
Wrong end of table....miscue. And it's a Red logo Diamond, ugh.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Last view ----->

P.S. I figured out how to put up this new wwyd..but, like Doc, beatle, etc. I don't like this new format, at all...for example: Why doesn't the pic show up full size with/when you open up the post, instead of having to click on the picture separately? - that sucks.

P.P.S. Chris...I'm not hating on you though - you're golden :) - I'm hating on v-Bulletin :mad:.
Thanks bro... :)

I am not even sure how you posted a picture at all that way so kudos to you for getting that far, lol!

I found out what I need to do to fix the picture upload and I plan to work on it one day soon (I have to back up the database and run some tools they provide to help switch it over and is more involved than a quick fix but its at the top of my to do list for the site!)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
And although you rarely respond to my WWYDs Ghost, I will continue replying to yours, hehe..

I like 2 shots, the 11 straight back with a little inside, CB settles behind the 5.

Or rail first at the 15, CB comes back towards the 2 balls on your side, if you make it you may get lucky and run a few, if you miss it you move a ball to your side and shouldn't leave anything but maybe a long cut at the 10 with 2 balls by your hole.

(I know both shots have been mentioned - I like em both!)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
I'm leaning towards the cross corner bank on the 10 no english. This should bring the cue ball up the center of the table and provide another bank on the 11 should I make the 10. This is the safest offensive shot on the table. The 15 ball appears to be sitting a bit far from the side rail so the kick looks to be rather thin to me. Controlling these shots can be difficult. The straight back bank on the 11 might be okay for a left handed player but being a righty I would have to stretch quite a bit to bank that ball, and with the cue ball rolling towards my opponent's side of the table I might have trouble avoiding selling out the 15. I would pass on that shot mostly because of the free cross corner bank on the 10. That bank may not be the easiest shot but it is the only shot I see which carries minimal risk and still has positive reward potential.

Tom

Ratamon

Nothing too flashy for me here. I’m 3 or 4 railing the 10 to my side uptable trying to leave CB on the bottom rail, so that my op does not knock the twelve away from my pocket. Tom’s shot looks too thin to execute w/o selling out. I can’t see a shot I can win with but plenty of shots to lose the game

J.R.

Verified Member
John's shot ---his pocket is at the top left --- score is 5 to 3 Ghost ahead, both going to 8 --- wwyd?
Let me get this straight. Your playing John aka Lil Ghost. The score is 5 to 3 with you being ahead two balls and both of you going to 8. What Would I Do? The first thing I would do is find out how you got Lil Ghost to play even. The second thing I would do is bank the 11-ball straight back and position my cue ball anywhere behind the 5-ball. If the 11-ball doesn't go in my pocket then Ghost would be doubled up on the 5-ball and 12-ball shot to his pocket. If I succeeded in making the 11-ball in my pocket and getting behind the 5-ball then my next shot would be to carom the 5-ball off the side of the 15-ball to send both balls toward my pocket.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Let me get this straight. Your playing John aka Lil Ghost. The score is 5 to 3 with you being ahead two balls and both of you going to 8. What Would I Do? The first thing I would do is find out how you got Lil Ghost to play even. The second thing I would do is bank the 11-ball straight back and position my cue ball anywhere behind the 5-ball. If the 11-ball doesn't go in my pocket then Ghost would be doubled up on the 5-ball and 12-ball shot to his pocket. If I succeeded in making the 11-ball in my pocket and getting behind the 5-ball then my next shot would be to carom the 5-ball off the side of the 15-ball to send both balls toward my pocket.
C'mon now Johnny...a 30 yr. veteran detective should have already detected exactly how everyone in town plays :rolleyes: :heh:heh nah, me and little Ghost aren't playing even - we're playing 10-8/9-8.

beatle

Verified Member
best i can do is right click on the word photo and open in new tab. then double click on the pic in the new tab and it opens big.
then you can at least switch between text and pics. still cumbersome.

as said, then kick the 15 thinly and bring cue ball back over where you can hide him or run a few balls if you luck it in.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I like the cross corner on the 10 ball, trying to roll the 10 towards my hole and letting the cb travel around the 11 ball.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
I think I might kick the 12 rail first at my hole and try to keep it on his side as much as possible so pocket speed.