Ghost vs. John 46 wwyd?

Island Drive

Verified Member
I am banking the 11 STRAIGHT BACK! Lol! I am loading the cb up with left and letting the cb float across the end rail towards the corner pocket. Praying that he shoots at the 3 ball!
That's the shot. The cue ball will die coming off the long rail with excessive spin and Land...on or near the head rail, about 10'' out from the long rail.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
In going off of the 1st. picture and 1st. post, in reading the stack it appears by shooting the 7 straight forward into the right side of the 1, the 1 comes off the 5 and back towards the hole, and the 5 crosses over also. The cb goes straight forward in behind the 9. Whitey

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
John's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- score is 2 to 2 --- wwyd ----->
I'd consider thinning the 8, CB two rails to snuggle in behind the 3. Even if it doesn't hide the CB, the new position of the 8 would preclude a return bank of the 5 or 6 balls. If the CB DOES hide, that's an exceedingly nasty leave..:)

Next, I really like Tom W's shot. The only bad outcome would be if the CB were to "stick", or stay in the immediate area, thereby allowing the 5, 6, or combo banks.

Tom's is probably a higher percentage shot.

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I still like kicking the 3 towards the 8 or my hole. Just miss the 15 with LHE, BOOM! No masse needed...(unless the 7 has you hooked? Ghost?)

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I'm banking the 11 with about 4 oclock low right. Pocket speed .If I get it close , only a handfull of champions and a river of suckers are going to shoot the 3.
{Most of them will either miss , or get 1.
If I am playing a champion I am in a tournament and have no shot at winning anyway except running out the first chance I get.
Billy Jackets Phisolophy 101

Island Drive

Verified Member
I still like kicking the 3 towards the 8 or my hole. Just miss the 15 with LHE, BOOM! No masse needed...(unless the 7 has you hooked? Ghost?)
Think about your post, but kick ''long rail'' behind' the 8, HUGE target to hit, and yah might land on the foot rail. I think I just taught myself a new shot. I know I can lag ''behind'' that 8 up and down all day long. The carom to land on the foot rail, ''feels'' natural.

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
For clarity maybe 2 wwyds?
1 to each pocket as I aint that senior but.......

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Think about your post, but kick ''long rail'' behind' the 8, HUGE target to hit, and yah might land on the foot rail. I think I just taught myself a new shot. I know I can lag ''behind'' that 8 up and down all day long. The carom to land on the foot rail, ''feels'' natural.
I dont understand your shot here Bill, I wish you could diagram it or video it, I want to see what you see! :)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Yeah Chris, the 7 has you hooked - you would have to masse your shot.

Am I shooting at the wrong hole?, I do it sometimes in a real game, so wouldn't be surprised.:frus
Yes you are Billy-Jack - your pocket is the lower side pocket :eek:, and I am spotting you 8/1...:heh

- Ghost

Island Drive

Verified Member
I dont understand your shot here Bill, I wish you could diagram it or video it, I want to see what you see! :)
Kick shot. Cue ball to the head rail center diamond, hit the long rail first behind the 3, and the cue ball will tickey nicely to the foot rail. Both balls are almost exactly 2 diamonds up from the foot of the table. Cue ball is about 6'' off the rail, and the 3 ball is about three inches off the other long rail. All ya do is aim for the center left of the head center spot, and it'll go every time with a natural roll. Be impossible to get behind the 3 and miss it because of the incoming angle.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Just thought I'd mention...the shot that John shot here hasn't been mentioned/picked yet.

- Ghost

Hardmix

Verified Member
Did John play the cue off the long rail just above the 3 and roll up on the 10/15 taking a intentional?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Kick shot. Cue ball to the head rail center diamond, hit the long rail first behind the 3, and the cue ball will tickey nicely to the foot rail. Both balls are almost exactly 2 diamonds up from the foot of the table. Cue ball is about 6'' off the rail, and the 3 ball is about three inches off the other long rail. All ya do is aim for the center left of the head center spot, and it'll go every time with a natural roll. Be impossible to get behind the 3 and miss it because of the incoming angle.
Yea, great shot Bill!

Yo threw me off in your other post when you mentioned the CB coming up behind the 8, but I see your shot, good one, as long as you dont sell out a shot on the 9...

OneRock

Verified Member
I want to deal with the 3, as it's the only ball my opponent can exploit at some point to win the game. I like Tom's two-rail kick behind the 3 to move it away and ticky the CB up table. But I also wouldn't dismiss the option of banking the 11 into the side rail behind the 3 to move both balls towards my hole. Of course, something might go wrong if I catch the 3 full. But a lot of things can go right, including caroming off the 3 and moving both balls towards my side. Regarless, I'm looking to control the angle with English and making a full stun hit on the 11 to control the CB and keep it as close to the head rail as possible.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I want to deal with the 3, as it's the only ball my opponent can exploit at some point to win the game. I like Tom's two-rail kick behind the 3 to move it away and ticky the CB up table. But I also wouldn't dismiss the option of banking the 11 into the side rail behind the 3 to move both balls towards my hole. Of course, something might go wrong if I catch the 3 full. But a lot of things can go right, including caroming off the 3 and moving both balls towards my side. Regarless, I'm looking to control the angle with English and making a full stun hit on the 11 to control the CB and keep it as close to the head rail as possible.

Good shot Peter and welcome back ~

I like banking the 11 into the 3 also, beatle mentioned it earlier. It's a shot I dont look at much because it seems scary banking balls towards your opponent's hole, but iI think if i can keep the CB near the head rail either way, it should be ok....