Ghost vs. John 19 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
John's shot --- his pocket is at the top right --- score is 1 to 1 --- what would your plan be after making the 13? --- wwyd ----->

PS, And I hope nobody's going to tell me that they're going to come right across with inside english and get on the 5ball..:rolleyes:...cuz this wwyd is re. having to shoot the ball with an actual pool cue, not with your mouse...:rolleyes:...don't make me go into my folder of sarcastic pictures...:eek:...:cool:

PPS, The 2ball easily passes the stack to go in your pocket.

Attachments

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
With that toy cueball; hard bottom right,go 4 rails for any of the balls under the stack:)
If you didnt know it before you do now.

Island Drive

Verified Member
I'm shootin' the 5 next.

I'm shootin' the 5 next.

Because of the speed needed to make the ball and get back to the 5 ball, the shooter is allowed to hit the object ball thicker thus allowing inside spin to work off the long rail. This will control/minimize cue ball speed control and allow the shooter to keep the cue ball in the immediate area.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I would thin the 13 in and use the natural angle to fall 3 rails on the 10 ball... That's long rail, then long rail between the side pocket and the 2 ball, then bounce towards the 10 off the top rail ... This works better for me than going off the 13 onto the long rail and floating the CB towards the 10 ball... Then depending on the angle I fell on the 10 ball, I would more than likely shape the 5 ball next...

Last edited:

darmoose

Verified Member
I think I'm staying down at the bottom of the table. I'll slow roll the 13 in and get straight on 12 cross corner, and then the 5 ball.;):p yeah, that's the ticket.

wincardona

Verified Member
I believe you must play for the 2ball by going three cushions, either side of the 2ball will lead you to another shot. The feel for the speed with this shot is fairly easy to control because you are close to the 13ball so accuracy of hit will not be a problem.

Dr. Bill

beatle

Verified Member
natural angle to bank the 6 off the 3 towards your hole sending the 3 up table to your side and hide the cue ball in the stack with draw.

plus you are removing his two dangerous balls.

it is a strong shot and i see too many bad positions coming from shooting the hanger. leave it there and use it to force him to sellout soon.

of course if you really think you can run 4 balls from there you must play as good as the ghost posts pictures..

Kybanks

Verified Member
What I like and probably pull the trigger on is playing to hit the 9 ball after making the 13 ball. If I hit the 9 top side, I have the 10 or possibly the 5 and then the 4 becomes available as well. If I hit the 9 ball full it still leaves me a cut on the 10 and the 4 still opens up. If I catch the 9 on the back side I may have a cut shot on the 10, if not the bank on the 3 is available and very makable with position. Thats what I would like as long as I can hit the 9 ball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
My first inclination was to draw off the 13 to above the side pocket to get good shape on the 10; although the 2-rail shape on the deuce might be just as easy. The problem with either of those is that it's then tricky to get po' on a third ball.

The Pilot's pattern of getting bank shape on the 3 is probably the best. If the 3 ball bank is made, a good shooter should get 5-6 balls in that layout.

~Doc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. John 19 wwyd

What I like and probably pull the trigger on is playing to hit the 9 ball after making the 13 ball. If I hit the 9 top side, I have the 10 or possibly the 5 and then the 4 becomes available as well. If I hit the 9 ball full it still leaves me a cut on the 10 and the 4 still opens up. If I catch the 9 on the back side I may have a cut shot on the 10, if not the bank on the 3 is available and very makable with position. Thats what I would like as long as I can hit the 9 ball.

I like this also kyb for the same reasons.

poolisboring

Verified Member
i might shoot the 6 into the 3 ball,sending it towards my hole, leaving cb slightly above the side pocket......could get me a better opportunity......