Ghost vs. Ike 1

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
My shot --- my pocket is at the bottom left --- Ghost ahead 3-0 --- Ike kicked from off the head rail and left me here --- not too many good choices available --- wwyd?

Attachments

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I would take a foul.... kick 2 rails back and forth underneath stack to catcher's mitt. Try and freeze him on back of 15 ball.
If the 3 doesnt pass the 5 clean then I would shoot the same shot but play off the 5 super thin.
You cant leave ike that kick on the 5 8.

Hardmix

Verified Member
Since the 8/5 is lay so well I would not disturb them by going off the 5 2 rails into the stack. Take the foul, as Dan suggested, and hope Ike leaves you with a better position when he puts back where you are now.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I would say thin off the 1 and double him up but I dont like the 3 being close to that dead combo and messing it up for me so i would very thin off the 3 down to the head rail

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
My shot --- my pocket is at the bottom left --- Ghost ahead 3-0 --- Ike kicked from off the head rail and left me here --- not too many good choices available --- wwyd?
Kick two rails into the 10. If you can do that by playing off the 5, do so because that makes his kick back more difficult.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
I would try this since no spin on the cue ball is required. If it goes I have position on the twelve ball, if not, it's protected by the stack.
The eight ball appears to be enough out of the way to allow a decent hit on the cue ball.

no spin required.jpg

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I would try this since no spin on the cue ball is required. If it goes I have position on the twelve ball, if not, it's protected by the stack.
The eight ball appears to be enough out of the way to allow a decent hit on the cue ball.

View attachment 25245
Frank... where do you live?
I am going to give Ike a bankroll and a plane ticket :lol

LSJohn

Verified Member

View attachment 25245
Great shot if you can confidently handle the limited access to the CB. Too tough for me.

sappo

Verified Member
I would take a foul.... kick 2 rails back and forth underneath stack to catcher's mitt. Try and freeze him on back of 15 ball.
If the 3 doesnt pass the 5 clean then I would shoot the same shot but play off the 5 super thin.
When I looked at the photos thats exactly what I was going to suggest. Keith

ChicagoFats

Verified Member

View attachment 25245
I feel like jacked up... this might come off at a 90 degree tangent. I will have to take it to the table.
If the 8 ball is not there, I think I shoot this all day long.

jrhendy

Verified Member
I am coming thin off the five, opening those three balls up and going two rails into the stack. Much easier than the bank.

mhilton777

Verified Member
I honestly like Frank's shot but I also don't mind firing the 1 ball 3 rails and putting the cue ball up table.

tucson9ball

Verified Member

View attachment 25245

I'm in agreement with Frank on this one. Looks like a enough room to get a good hit on whitey.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Frank... where do you live?
I am going to give Ike a bankroll and a plane ticket :lol
In this situation with that score I’m shooting my shot no matter whom I’m playing. As much as I admire Ike and his abilities I’m still shooting. Ike and I are no strangers in competition. I don’t see much of a down side to the shot.

lll

Verified Member
i like this the best..the z kick above
but
i think this would work too
the lines arent perfect
ghost you play alot of 3 cushion
is this do-able?
ghost ike wwyd 3c shot.jpg