Ghost vs. Ike 1 - the end game - wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Re. some of my teaching to Clyde for the last 10 months being about the end game...I've told him that by far the great majority of games won during the end game segment of One Pocket are a result of a player being careless and leaving his opponent a bank - the opponent then making the bank, and making it will often lead to him making another ball or two...the bank will usually be a straight back, a cross-corner, or a two-rail bank - and often times it will be a tough bank that didn't seem to be so dangerous to leave him...

So I've stressed to Clyde...if you're in the end game, and don't have a viable offensive shot, thus having to play a safety..try very hard to find a place to leave the cue ball where you won't leave a bank (or a thin cut shot - the other danger in the end game) - and if you have to leave a bank or cut shot, then let it be a very tough/low% one...

So, all that said..a couple of shots came up recently that were good examples of that type of situations - this was one of them...

I'm playing Ike here...for those members who don't know who he is - he plays very strong, and banks strong...I don't want to leave him anything if I can help it...

Ball score is 5 to 5 --- my shot --- my pocket is at bottom left --- wwyd ------>

Attachments

Last edited:

Cloidius

Verified Member
Yes, these are lessons I've learned over and over....

Yes, these are lessons I've learned over and over....

If the angle lays to cut the 7 towards the 3/1, while focusing on leaving whitey on the long rail just below the side pocket, I think that is a good, simple solution.

The straight back or the two-railer on the 8 from there will be low percentage, and would force him to let go of the cue ball.

I like the amount of control this shot offers, very little chance of hitting it bad or giving up anything easy.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
2 rail the 7 ball over by my side pocket and try to freeze the CB on his long rail about 6 inches from his side pocket. ( up table side of his side pocket ) either bank on the 8 ball will be tough and will carry some risk turning whitey loose.

lll

Verified Member
2 rail the 7 ball over by my side pocket and try to freeze the CB on his long rail about 6 inches from his side pocket. ( up table side of his side pocket ) either bank on the 8 ball will be tough and will carry some risk turning whitey loose.
i like it
jj1.jpg

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Ike 1 - the end game - wwyd

This is what I like as well.

Miller

Verified Member
moving the 7 to ghosty's side makes a lot of sense and also opens up the 5 that plays for him.

my guess is that is what he did, but i'd bet he 5 railed it around the table and over low/low inside, leaving ike down on the end rail.

:)

(ghost - how do you play ike? pm is fine....)

one pocket guy

Verified Member
Play Danny D's shot

Play Danny D's shot

I like bankin the 5 straight back and three rails with whitey putting around his phone. I figure the speed puts the 5 back by my side pocket if I miss.
Ps I love this bank!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member

LSJohn

Verified Member
One more view ----->
Based on the criteria you set here, you roll the 10 in and leave him on the end rail; no cross-corner, no straight-back, no thin cut.

My choice is bank the 3 (or 7, whichever it is) toward the 8 and follow halfway toward the long rail.

Hardmix

Verified Member
Why not pocket the 7 top right corner and leave the cb on bottom rail by the phone?

Hardmix

kaye

Bank 7& tie up the 8, rolling The cb straight by the side, if i have angles correct, leaving him little % to bank. If he tried to, you'll have an easy ball out of his corner area w decent safe.
You were talking 'end game' . Give me feedback.....thanks.
Imho, ball speed is it.

NH Steve

Administrator
I like bankin the 5 straight back and three rails with whitey putting around his phone. I figure the speed puts the 5 back by my side pocket if I miss.
Ps I love this bank!
You wouldn't like it too much if the cue ball ran into the 8 on its way around however :D I like your shot but not with the 8 where it is.

What first came to my mind was Jeff's shot -- two rail the 7 and drift forward to the side rail with the cue ball.

jtompilot

Verified Member
I'm looking to one rail the 7 towards the 10. I want the QB to just miss the 1 placing it close to the corner pocket on the short rail. That eliminates the possible two rail banks.

LSJohn

Verified Member
I'm looking to one rail the 7 towards the 10. I want the QB to just miss the 1 placing it close to the corner pocket on the short rail. That eliminates the possible two rail banks.
Changed my mind. I think this is the best shot.

Good one Jim.

jtompilot

Verified Member
WWID
Seems easy to me.
Rod.
P.S. I ain't big on playing scared. :eek:

That's a great shot for you.

Hey, I played some guy John, at Big Tyme Tuesday that was banking balls in from everywhere. He would shoot that for sure