Ghost vs. Donn 24 wwyd?

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
I like rolling through the 12 to leave the cue ball stuck on the back of the 3. It looks like that might also move the 5 away. He has all the playable balls near his pocket and that makes me nervous.

Or, I bank in the 10, play the 11 off the 1 next getting the down to the foot rail, and then it's clear sailing.:)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I'm trying to figure out, why banking the 6 into that cluster is not good. It would be impossible to miss that ball cluster if you cross the 6 with a VERY controllable lagging cue ball.

Banking the ten tho has allot more going on....you could...1. make it....2. miss the cluster short....3. miss it long. Why would no one want to take this shot? :confused:
I dont mind it Bill...in fact I like it better than the 10 ball bank into the cluster...

(just dont float over too far and sell out the 3) :)

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
I dont mind it Bill...in fact I like it better than the 10 ball bank into the cluster...

(just dont float over too far and sell out the 3) :)
Main reason is protecting the cue ball. Banking the 10 shouted out to me putting the cue ball behind the four.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
IF you can get some movement and maybe get the one in front of the hole, you might can really put him in Dutch. He might have some trouble kicking if the ten has him... Favor it soft. If you mess around and put him straight in on the three, if like a loss, so be careful..

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I see another shot which I would shoot...
pretty simple to execute and very effective if done decently...
Kick softly off his long rail between the 12/3 with a little left english...
Intent is to nudge the 9 into the 1 opening the cluster and pushing the 1 in front of my pocket...
the cb stops under the 15 and welds itself to the 9 ball...

Scrzbill

Verified Member
Whiling I was driving I saw a green van and thought about stiffing the six ball. Cue ball is drawn to the rail. Six ball comes off the end rail, hits the side rail right before the side and then into the one. Six goes in, your shooting at the balls by your pocket.
WINNER WINNER
CHICKEN DINNER:lol

12squared

Verified Member
I might softly spin off the 15 to try to get the cue behind the 3 to open those 3 balls by my pocket suckers up.

(OK, I just now saw that Jimmy diagramed my shot. Sorry, I should have looked at answers before posting.)

Hardmix

Verified Member
Whiling I was driving I saw a green van and thought about stiffing the six ball. Cue ball is drawn to the rail. Six ball comes off the end rail, hits the side rail right before the side and then into the one. Six goes in, your shooting at the balls by your pocket.
WINNER WINNER
CHICKEN DINNER:lol
Did you wake up sitting at a green light with horns blaring?

Tobermory

Verified Member
I wasn't trying to ignore you, Ghost, or Doc who also suggested banking the 10. My suggestion also called for putting the cue ball behind the 4 using the 13 as a back stop, rather than caroming into it, so I didn't see the need for attribution. Either way, a good choice imo.

"Ask and you shall receive" :) = as I posted earlier >>>

Island Drive

Verified Member
How about banking the 4 ball 2 rails short outta the corner, open up those 3 balls, and put the cue ball on the head rail behind the 6.

OneRock

Verified Member
IF you can get some movement and maybe get the one in front of the hole, you might can really put him in Dutch. He might have some trouble kicking if the ten has him... Favor it soft. If you mess around and put him straight in on the three, if like a loss, so be careful..

That was my first inclination, but I finally decided the angle is just not there.

darmoose

Verified Member
After all this analysis and shot selections, I would have to bank the 10 ball back toward my hole, not caring greatly whether I hit that cluster or made the ball.

My focus would be on the CB completely.The Cb needs to go to the side rail and rebound to anywhere between a half diamond and three diamonds from his side rail. I am protecting against the 3 ball and the 8 ball. If I get him behind the 4 ball, he is in trouble for sure. If not, he is still in a difficult spot. Should I make the 10 ball bank, I should have several offensive or defensive shots to further my dastardly intentions.:lol

:D

OneRock

Verified Member
Anyone passing up the opportunity to deal with the balls closest to the opponent's pocket is simply not a 1-pocket player.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
WINNER WINNER
CHICKEN DINNER :lol

How about banking the 4 ball 2 rails short outta
the corner, open up those 3 balls, and put the cue ball on the head rail behind the 6.

Attachments