Ghost vs. Donn 23 wwyd?

unoperro

Verified Member
Straight follow 8 goes 3 rails by his side picket.

Cue ball follows ends on football near opg's pkt.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I am coming off the 10 ball to put the cb on his long rail 1st diamond and leaving the 10 ball above the stack.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
I would try to cut 8 with lots of left English to get down to end rail on the 10 ball.

Simple ? It is here from my recliner:lol:lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I would try to cut 8 with lots of left English to get down to end rail on the 10 ball.

Simple ? It is here from my recliner:lol:lol
Robert, that's my shot also - slice it right in, with a Z-cueball for shape on the 10...I'm a mover, but when it's time to shoot, I'm shooting...:heh

- Ghost

Hardmix

Verified Member
I am shooting the 8 with z shape as others have suggested. Caution on speed, the corner pocket looms large here.

beatle

Verified Member
i dont mind cutting the 8 but im using low outside and keeping the cueball down on the short rail on my side so i can shoot the 7 and ten next and get three balls out of it.

the z shot is turning the cueball too loose for me with balls in the way down there.

LSJohn

Verified Member
the z shot is turning the cueball too loose for me with balls in the way down there.
Me too. I'd shoot the z if there were no balls around the spot, or if I were playing my son at home :)

wincardona

Verified Member
I also like slicing the 8ball with a tip and a half to two tips of left English hitting it softly. IMO this shot needs to be hit with a speed to control the 8ball to end up as close to the pocket as possible. A slight over cut will suffice leaving the 8ball in the pocket a very high percentage of the time. Another advantage shooting the shot with a soft speed is that your accuracy will be raised to a high level and you take away the possible two cushion scratch in your opponents pocket. This speed will also give you better control with the cue ball in terms of direction.

side note...Don't over spin this shot.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

catkins

Verified Member
I am fairly sure I am two rialing the 3 with good speed but the angle entirely determined by where I cna freeze the cue ball and get as much positive action on the three ball

J.R.

Verified Member
[rnewkirk] I would try to cut 8 with lots of left English to get down to end rail on the 10 ball.

I would shoot the same shot (cut the 8 ball with lots of left English to get down to the end rail on the 10-ball) as posted by "rnewkirk" and would use the same mindset and technique as described by Dr. Bill.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
im with beatle and John on this one...not that I may get 3 out of it but I am shooting the 8 with outside to keep the CB up table.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
The cut on the eight is fine. Spinning the cue ball down table is the way to go if playing that shot. Your speed better be right though or you may sell out a cross bank on it. Word of warning; don't clip those three balls near the foot spot. I'm not a fan of using right english on this shot. I don't like the idea of giving my opponent options on his reply. He could choose to cut the twelve and come across for the ten or possibly the combo on the ball at the back of the three ball cluster. And if in playing the eight you bring the cue ball back to your own side you now give him the option of cutting the seven.

I personally like the kick on the twelve ball unless I will be leaving a good angle on a bank at one of those ball near the spot. That could possibly alter my decision. I hit these kick shots pretty consistently and the angle looks good for a full hit on the back of the ball, so a soft speed and a full hit will be enough to send the twelve to the hole and the cue ball will for the most part stop dead. This shot does a number of positive things for the shooter and is just about free. The kick obviously provides additional shots should the ball fall and it removes the opponent's one clear asset.

Either the eight or the kick can work well. The way it appears to me kick is just a slight favorite.

Tom

Last edited: