Ghost vs. Donn 14 wwyd?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
You hit it pretty good Ghost, nice rock, yea that looks like a fun shot, cant wait to try it myself!

I wonder if he can shoot the 3/7 and follow down for the 13 like pilot mentioned earlier.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
Well Chris, as a matter of fact, the 3-times-straight back is the shot that I shot here...in a serious game I wouldn't have picked it, but Donn and I gamble cheap, and the one good thing about that is, you can shoot at any wild, or Chohan shot if you want to 👻...and I was really glad to have the opportunity to try this shot since it doesn't come up very often in One Pocket...

And interestingly re. you asking about hitting it hard enough...I was thinking about that as I was down to shoot it, and wanting to make sure that I hit it hard enough, I ended up shooting it too hard 💪 :oops:...

Obviously, getting only one swing at it, it's not an easy shot to judge and hit well...that said, I hit it ok, but not quite good enough...what happened was, I hit it a little too hard, and also a little too long = after the 8ball hit the head rail for the second time and was heading back down towards my pocket area, it went into my long rail approx. 1-1/2 diamonds above my pocket, then went into the foot rail, and rebounded up to where you see it sitting in this final pic.

So, it was fun trying it, and I hope it comes up for me again sometime...here's how it ended up >>>
Lol, you would have achieved the same outcome playing a one-railer on the 8

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Well Chris, as a matter of fact, the 3-times-straight back is the shot that I shot here...in a serious game I wouldn't have picked it, but Donn and I gamble cheap, and the one good thing about that is, you can shoot at any wild, or Chohan shot if you want to 👻...and I was really glad to have the opportunity to try this shot since it doesn't come up very often in One Pocket...

And interestingly re. you asking about hitting it hard enough...I was thinking about that as I was down to shoot it, and wanting to make sure that I hit it hard enough, I ended up shooting it too hard 💪 :oops:...

Obviously, getting only one swing at it, it's not an easy shot to judge and hit well...that said, I hit it ok, but not quite good enough...what happened was, I hit it a little too hard, and also a little too long = after the 8ball hit the head rail for the second time and was heading back down towards my pocket area, it went into my long rail approx. 1-1/2 diamonds above my pocket, then went into the foot rail, and rebounded up to where you see it sitting in this final pic.

So, it was fun trying it, and I hope it comes up for me again sometime...here's how it ended up >>>

View attachment 431972
Ok Ghostly one, so now Donn waffles the 3 one rail ( free shot ) and draws to the long rail for shape on the 13! He might get out, he only needs 4! 3,13, 8, 7 or the 9...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Ok Ghostly one, so now Donn waffles the 3 one rail ( fraught shot ) and draws to the long rail for shape on the 13! - but unfortunately for him :( he banked it short, and it went back over and ended up in front of your pocket...I imagine that probably cost him the game.
Yes sir brother Jeff, dat bank of yours did cost him the game 🙂

Last edited:

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
the less balls in play favors the better player.
although having open balls that let you get out but dont let him is better.

play one and stop with a better player and see if you ever win a game which you wont and will have a long beard before you realize how odds increase from multiple trials
I will struggle to find a better player where I live :) but point taken.