Ghost vs. Don 2 - wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Don's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom right --- score is Ghost ahead 2 to 0 --- Ghost going to 10, Don going to 6 --- among other things, with that 14-6 pointed at my pocket, Don's in trouble here --- wwyd ---->

Attachments

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
You've gotten Don into a bad predicament here. There are several decent safeties, like rolling the CB off the 5 to rest behind the 2 ball. But until he gets something near his hole there is no threat to you.

I might be inclined to roll in the 5 ball and try to freeze whitey on the head rail. That gives him a ball on the spot, so that if you try to make the 13 or one of the others, he might have something to shoot at.

If he gets out of this game, he doesn't need as much weight....;)

~Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I'm crossing the 3 in the general direction of my hole, playin' all CB to a few inches inside the pocket on the top rail. 11-12 block the 10. Fire away, big boy. :D
U got the 10 blocked? - wow...ok Einstein..:rolleyes:...excuse me while I fire in that dead 14-6 combination - caroming off of the 7ball if necessary...:lol..:sorry..:lol

Attachments

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Z shot long rail across to long rail and try to get under ten ball on bottom rail

LSJohn

Verified Member
U got the 10 blocked? - wow...ok Einstein..:rolleyes:...excuse me while I fire in that dead 14-6 combination - caroming off of the 7ball if necessary...:lol..:sorry..:lol
Oops!

Doesn't look dead to me, but yeah, it's makeable. Ok, back to the drawing board (Big boy.) :)

I got nuthin', but the best I can do is go off the 5 trying to double 2-8 and at the same time hide the edge of the 13. Tough, but maybe...

beatle

Verified Member
2 ball 4 rails into the back of the 10

or up and down with the cueball into the 6

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Might be total suicide, but I'm probably going to try and kick 1 rail (off my long rail) under the 10 ball. Got to thread the needle between the 1 and those balls on the bottom rail. It's tight but getting under the 10 would be worth it, and worth the loss of a ball.

baby huey

Verified Member
Looks like the three rail intentional foul towards opponents pocket is in order in this spot.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Other than the cross-corner z-shot get under the 10ball, here's another possible way to get there..if you look at pic #1..I think if I really load up with max. 3:15 english, I can shoot a hair to the left side of the 3ball, and spin (like Tonya Harding geeked on meth :eek: :heh) out of the corner, come back and get under the 10ball.

- Specter

Last edited:

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Zig-zag the cue around to the bottom rail hoping for a less treacherous position next shot.

LSJohn

Verified Member
I think if I really load up with max. 3:15 english, I can shoot a hair to the left side of the 3ball, spin (like Tonya Harding geeked on meth :eek: :heh) out of the corner, come back and get under the 10ball.

- Specter
Oooooo, I like it. Didn't see that one but I think it's there.

darmoose

Verified Member
Other than the cross-corner z-shot get under the 10ball, here's another possible way to get there..if you look at pic #1..I think if I really load up with max. 3:15 english, I can shoot a hair to the left side of the 3ball, spin (like Tonya Harding geeked on meth :eek: :heh) out of the corner, come back and get under the 10ball.

- Specter
That shot would take some stroke, which I certainly do not possess. But, you gave me an idea. If you like that shot, why wouldn't coming off the right side of the five ball with 3:00 o'clock spin two rails or three rails down behind the ten ball be THE shot?:D

straightback

Verified Member
That shot would take some stroke, which I certainly do not possess. But, you gave me an idea. If you like that shot, why wouldn't coming off the right side of the five ball with 3:00 o'clock spin two rails or three rails down behind the ten ball be THE shot?:D
Bahahahahaa. "Tonya Harding geeked on meth." Might be the best single thing I've ever read on this damn web site. Good work, Ghost, good work.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Because of being jacked up...speaking for myself - besides One Pocket, having played 3cushion for 50 yrs, I'm comfortable and pretty adept at applying extreme, max. english, etc...but I'm not comfortable, or very skillful, at shooting when jacked up.

PS, Future opponents take note ^ just leave me jacked up all the time and you'll win for sure...:)