Ghost vs. Clyde 9 - the end game - wwyd

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Is this what youse guys are suggesting? I like it too. No kiss on this shot.

Tom
That does seem pretty easy to execute, and much stronger with regard to whitey. I like it a lot! I have a mortal fear of dbl-kisses.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
That does seem pretty easy to execute, and much stronger with regard to whitey. I like it a lot! I have a mortal fear of dbl-kisses.
Wannabe, There are patterns to most double kisses. Set up a number of scenarios and alter their positions slightly until you begin to see how these double kisses occur. You will loose much of your fear for many situations and learn how you can manipulate the shots to avoid a few others which look to be natural for the kiss.

Good luck and practice with the idea that you are the Sherlock Holmes of pool. Deductive reasoning coupled with practical applications.

Tom

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Wannabe, There are patterns to most double kisses. Set up a number of scenarios and alter their positions slightly until you begin to see how these double kisses occur. You will loose much of your fear for many situations and learn how you can manipulate the shots to avoid a few others which look to be natural for the kiss.

Good luck and practice with the idea that you are the Sherlock Holmes of pool. Deductive reasoning coupled with practical applications.

Tom
Thanks Tom, I do need to do that for sure.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Yep,
That's what I envisioned.
Jeff, I think anyone that's being playing one pocket for a fair amount of time would see this shot as their first option but would also consider not shooting it because of the kiss. It may be true that the kiss could be avoided but one also needs to consider that if it's hit a bit off, especially because you're using inside English, which makes the aim a little more difficult, that the kiss now becomes an issue to be concerned about.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Jeff, I think anyone that's being playing one pocket for a fair amount of time would see this shot as their first option but would also consider not shooting it because of the kiss. It may be true that the kiss could be avoided but one also needs to consider that if it's hit a bit off, especially because you're using inside English, which makes the aim a little more difficult, that the kiss now becomes an issue to be concerned about.
Frank, the cue ball will reach the left side rail well before for eight ball crosses it's path. Set it up. It's not even close.

Tom

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Frank, the cue ball will reach the left side rail well before for eight ball crosses it's path. Set it up. It's not even close.

Tom
You're absolutely correct. I set it up and just after the first attempt it was obvious that the cue ball is long gone from the kiss area. No other attempts were necessary.

LSJohn

Verified Member
You're absolutely correct. I set it up and just after the first attempt it was obvious that the cue ball is long gone from the kiss area. No other attempts were necessary.
I don't know what is different or why, but on my 100 year-old Schmidt with Simonis that's seen better days, the kiss barely misses.

sappo

Verified Member
I'm pushing the 8 up to the end rail where a bank past the 7 would be tough. The cue ball is my main objective, leaving it froze or close to froze about a diamond from the side pocket.
Good to see you posting Chris. Keith

baby huey

Verified Member
Shoot the 8 ball into the long rail right at the 7 ball and draw the cue ball back. This will put both the 7 and 8 on your side of the table.

Island Drive

Verified Member
I'd play all cue ball and focus on laying whitey in the middle of the foot rail, on the rail. I have a comfortable swing, I can hit a center ball easily at 12 o'clock and I want that seventh ball BAD :D.