Ghost vs. Clyde 7 wwyd

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Bingo! - that's the shot Willie - good eye spotting it - it's a strong shot...

As I said before...I chose it over coming off the 4, the shot that a lot of people liked, because I didn't want Clyde to shoot the 11ball - he's probably 7 out of 10 on that shot, and with extra incentive here, knowing he's got lots of balls to run if he makes it - why would I let him shoot it when I have this other excellent safety/trap available to me...

Here's how it came out - and he's now in trouble ----->

You hit that shot real good, Ghost. I would prefer to dig down on the CB, shooting the 10/6 billiard; either banking the 6 into the 3/15, or kicking behind the 6 to knock it toward my side.

Your shot leaves the opponent's 6 ball still in front of his hole, which he may have tortured you with for several innings.;)

~Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Or take a scratch and roll between the nine/thirteen to the jaws of the pocket.
If you go back and look at the first pic in this thread, you'll see that he can't do that - not even close...at least come up with something that's possible...:heh

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member

You hit that shot real good, Ghost. I would prefer to dig down on the CB, shooting the 10/6 billiard; either banking the 6 into the 3/15, or kicking behind the 6 to knock it toward my side.

Your shot leaves the opponent's 6 ball still in front of his hole, which he may have tortured you with for several innings. ;)

~Doc
On the contrary Doc (and also the students on here) in this situation, the 6 works against him, and in my favor - it's either a cross-corner bank ball for me, or a power shot ball into the stack...because of the 6, he can't just touch the 3 and the foot rail here, and he can't knock the 3-15 away either...what can he do here? - waiting for an answer from rest of the wwyd gang...:heh

- Ghost

LSJohn

Verified Member
On the contrary Doc (and also the students on here) in this situation, the 6 works against him, and in my favor - it's either a cross-corner bank ball for me, or a power shot ball into the stack...because of the 6, he can't just touch the 3 and the foot rail here, and he can't knock the 3-15 away either...what can he do here? - waiting for an answer from rest of the wwyd gang...:heh

- Ghost
I'm drawin' off the 10, back to the foot rail on the other side of the 15. In case I don't get it quite where I want it -- right where it was after the break -- I don't think the bank on the 6 is much of a shot for you, and there's no more stack to send it into.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Clyde 7 wwyd

I'm drawin' off the 10, back to the foot rail on the other side of the 15. In case I don't get it quite where I want it -- right where it was after the break -- I don't think the bank on the 6 is much of a shot for you, and there's no more stack to send it into.

Yep. Me too.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
Do you think there's any danger of running the CB into the 2? If so, the shot on the 1 is pretty tasty.
It looks pretty straight up and down to miss the 2 ( If you look at pic #2 it shows it better)and if anything if i didn't think i would double kiss on the 11 its a easy bank if it goes.

LSJohn

Verified Member
It looks pretty straight up and down to miss the 2 ( If you look at pic #2 it shows it better)and if anything if i didn't think i would double kiss on the 11 its a easy bank if it goes.
I think I'm seein' more angle between the CB and 11 than you are. Have to be at the table to know for sure either way. (And for me, that's not an easy bank even if the angle is ideal, especially without a good bridge and level cue.)

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Bingo! - that's the shot Willie - good eye spotting it - it's a strong shot...

As I said before...I chose it over coming off the 4, the shot that a lot of people liked, because I didn't want Clyde to shoot the 11ball - he's probably 7 out of 10 on that shot, and with extra incentive here, knowing he's got lots of balls to run if he makes it - why would I let him shoot it when I have this other excellent safety/trap available to me...

It's hard to tell for sure from the picture, but banking the 9 ball with some draw to bring to CB down to the foot rail looks like it could be a pretty good return.

Cloidius

Verified Member
Bingo!

Well...I sure don't remember what I did from this spot. I hope that it was worthy of a third pic, but don't seem to recall it being so.

I'm gonna guess that I jacked up and two railed that 13 toward the backside of that six ball, focusing on drawing whitey back under those two balls on the foot rail.

I really like the way I hit that type of shot, so I am prone to pull the trigger on them. However, this angle may not have been quite right, and the eight may be in the way.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member

- Ghost
Heh, heh. Well this is good news to hear. All these years I thought that a ball in front of my opponent's hole was a danger to me. But now I hear that it's actually an advantage for me!:D

~Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Heh, heh. Well this is good news to hear. All these years I thought that a ball in front of my opponent's hole was a danger to me. But now I hear that it's actually an advantage for me!:D

~Doc
Glad I could smarten you up Doc...:heh

Gh
st