Ghost vs. Clyde 7 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Ok, looks a little slow on here again – so here’s another one for youse guys...

My shot - my pocket at bottom left - no score - both going to 8 - what's to do ----->

PS, I was deciding between two shots here – both good shots…the shot I ended up not picking, was to come off the side of the 4ball, further opening up my 14ball, and leave Clyde down on the head rail, below the 8ball – the only thing I didn’t like about that shot, is the 11ball being makeable going down Clyde’s long rail – I know it’s not an easy shot, but Clyde shoots straight and he might choose to shoot it - and make it - I'd rather not take that chance, since I don't have to.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Clyde 7 wwyd

Ghost - it sounds like your pocket is bottom LEFT in the first pic, No??

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Clyde 7 wwyd

Assuming it's the left. I think I would jack up and 2 rail the 12, which could either make the 14 or hit the 4, where good things can happen. Just not 100% if I want to draw back to the short rail, or go to the long rail with low right and get under the 6, kicking it out. Only problem is selling out the 14.

straightback

Verified Member
Too tough for me, Dan. Draw off the ten to the end rail.
I saw that, but you might give up the cross-corner bank on that stripe (14 ball, I believe). Sometimes you can overcook that jacked up draw stroke; likewise, you can sometimes get an unpredictable "jump" shot. I suppose similar observations can me made about coming off the 2.

It is a good shot, though - if I felt good about locking the guy on the 3, I would shoot your shot.

Last edited:

WillieNilly

Verified Member
I like playing off the 2, try to tuck under the 3.
Playing all qball.
I dont really see a good shot trying to put another ball on my side and leaving him the long combo .

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
Probably roll across the 4ball, trying to get on the bottom rail about a diamond from the corner.

Might leave a long straight in, hopefully minimal damage occurs.:eek:

jrhendy

Verified Member
Probably roll across the 4ball, trying to get on the bottom rail about a diamond from the corner.

Might leave a long straight in, hopefully minimal damage occurs.:eek:
This is my shot. You open up the 14 in your hole and should not leave a clear shot at the hole for your opponent. The eight should protect you from leaving a straight in.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Assuming it's the left. I think I would jack up and 2 rail the 12, which could either make the 14 or hit the 4, where good things can happen. Just not 100% if I want to draw back to the short rail, or go to the long rail with low right and get under the 6, kicking it out. Only problem is selling out the 14.
My shot is similar but I'm going off the 2, priority being to get behind the 6, rather than kicking it out.

I'm not too worried about the 14... there's only about 1/2 pocket for it and the 6 has a chance to block the lane in case I don't stay behind the 6.

bstroud

Verified Member
I going off the 4 ball and putting the cue ball on the end rail behind the 8 ball.

Simple shot.

Bill S.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I like playing off the 2, try to tuck under the 3.
Playing all qball.

I dont really see a good shot trying to put another ball on my side and leaving him the long combo .
Bingo! - that's the shot Willie - good eye spotting it - it's a strong shot...

As I said before...I chose it over coming off the 4, the shot that a lot of people liked, because I didn't want Clyde to shoot the 11ball - he's probably 7 out of 10 on that shot, and with extra incentive here, knowing he's got lots of balls to run if he makes it - why would I let him shoot it when I have this other excellent safety/trap available to me...

Here's how it came out - and he's now in trouble ----->

Attachments

Island Drive

Verified Member

As I said before...I chose it over coming off the 4, the shot that a lot of people liked, because I didn't want Clyde to shoot the 11ball - he's probably 7 out of 10 on that shot, and with extra incentive here, knowing he's got lots of balls to run if he makes it - why would I let him shoot it when I have this other excellent safety/trap available to me...

Now all ya gotta do is slightly clip the one ta the two, tie up those 3 balls and roll to the head rail.

WillieNilly

Verified Member

I like it because, say you play off the 4. Ofcourse hes got nothing good straight in his hole..but....you dont protect your position and next shot your right back were you were or potentially worse. ..

As efren says......".i got lucky"...

Just ask Mitch.:D ........(sorry mitch.....i wanted to rub it in a little, i still need 9/7 for the cash)...lol