Ghost vs. Clyde 47 - wwyd

wincardona

Verified Member
I like your move and the results you got were great, a little risky but certainly worth the risk. If I were 80% certain I could drop the cue ball behind the 11ball I would choose this option, if not i'm playing my choice by shooting off the 10ball. Anyways, good choice.

Dr. Bill

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Good shot ghost! Good execution and a nice result. Did you not even consider getting under the 4 ball? I know it doesn't develop a better ball position, but it looks to me like it would preserve the favorable one you have now, any thoughts?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I like your move and the results you got were great, a little risky but certainly worth the risk. If I were 80% certain I could drop the cue ball behind the 11ball I would choose this option, if not i'm playing my choice by shooting off the 10ball. Anyways, good choice.

Dr. Bill
Thank you nurse B...ok, ok, Dr. Bill - - - I'll give you back your medical license...:D

Good shot ghost! Good execution and a nice result. Did you not even consider getting under the 4 ball? I know it doesn't develop a better ball position, but it looks to me like it would preserve the favorable one you have now, any thoughts?
Jeff...I don't always take the time to break down my thinking, and all of the pros and cons of the shot choices (gotta save some stuff for the private lessons after all :heh)...so I leave it to Billy and Tom - they're much better typists than me anyway...:D...

But that said, I'm always happy to answer you Jeff...

Yes, I for sure looked at getting under the 4, as well as glancing at the other options - but to me, the shot I chose was the hands down best choice - and in this case, the results speak to that assessment.......as regards getting under the 4 off of the 11ball - the angle did not lay natural, so it was no hanger to be sure of getting under the 4...and if I don't get totally under the 4, and give Clyde a little daylight - in a heartbeat, he will bank that 15ball back across into the 4ball, while using the 8ball to kill whitey - possibly winning the game right there.....

And all joking with Cory aside...as for the combination.......if either, or both, of two ball placements were laying different, then, I would have considered the combination to be a viable option...those two changes would be...

#1. If the combination was lined up dead straight ahead = which would result in a much higher make %, and also a much more accurate/straight back draw of the cueball for position....and/or...

#2. If the 6, 10, 3, and the 9, weren't sitting there positioned as simple, runnable balls - all open to Clyde's pocket...meaning that a missed execution of that combination most likely will lose me the game.

And lastly, as for shooting any of the shots that would leave the cueball up-table...by hitting the 5ball on the left side, thus throwing the 7ball a little - the 9 was dead as a doornail.

- Ghost

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
You're welcome onedog.

But I gotta disagree with your Quote :)....if I wasn't married, I damn sure as hell would want this woman (and yes, she is full-blooded Indian) ----->
The old chief was talking about this maiden.

Last edited: