Ghost vs. Clyde 47 - wwyd

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
IF the 5-7-9 combo is on, then the smartest shot is probably Smitty and Frank's: shoot off the right side of the 11 and take out the 4. That leaves a nice mess of a cluster on the opponent's side rail.;) The only danger is leaving a bank on the 12 --or the 4, for that matter-- depending upon where the CB and 4 ball end up.

~Doc

unoperro

Verified Member
I looked long and hard at the 6 off the 4,decided no go. Too hard to get the cb behind the 10 to not give up a bank. 4 may give up a shot if struck to soft. 6 comes back if hit too hard.

Dr.'s shot is interesting but, I am not sure the 10 doesnt hang around.Hit the bottom side of the 4 and the 10 goes into the rail with no energy. Second part of the shot that scares me,cueball is "running" with cushion induced english. A corner scratch looms large.

I like coming off the 11 and just rolling down to the 4. Not aggresive but leave room for a unforced error. Shot soft 11 probably dbl bumps the 9,and that cluster stays rubbish.

Refresher image.

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
There is a really nice shot here that could be a game changer. One rail kick into the nine ball and stick him there. There is no out for him and he can't make the two ball or play safe. You'll have him moving balls away from his side of the table and that's always a good thing.

baby huey

Verified Member
Postscript: You could also go off the eight ball thin one rail into the nine ball and accomplish the same shot and open up your two balls. I do think the thin hit is a little more difficult though then the straight kick into the nine.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Postscript: You could also go off the eight ball thin one rail into the nine ball and accomplish the same shot and open up your two balls. I do think the thin hit is a little more difficult though then the straight kick into the nine.
Good call Jerry. Eight ball doesn't need to be hit that thin. Opening up those balls is important.

Jerry shot.jpg

Cory in dc

Verified Member
There is a really nice shot here that could be a game changer. One rail kick into the nine ball and stick him there. There is no out for him and he can't make the two ball or play safe. You'll have him moving balls away from his side of the table and that's always a good thing.
That's pretty creative and nasty if you can execute it. But isn't the 10 in the way of the natural line such that you have to use some left to get there? That's a bit risky for my taste. I think going off the 8 might be easier to execute, in fact, and improves your position.

I still like the combo. But if I've decided to be a hero, then I'm going with your shot of the 8 and right at the big mitt created by the 9/11/13!

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
That's pretty creative and nasty if you can execute it. But isn't the 10 in the way of the natural line such that you have to use some left to get there? That's a bit risky for my taste. I think going off the 8 might be easier to execute, in fact, and improves your position.

I still like the combo. But if I've decided to be a hero, then I'm going with your shot of the 8 and right at the big mitt created by the 9/11/13!

I like this, also, but it has to be hit perfect. This may leave a cut on the 4 or a 15 ball bank to the 4 ball.

wincardona

Verified Member
All the options that have been dicussed are viable options but remember when jockying for position at the foot end of the table when balls are in play is crucial not to blunder and leave an offensive shot. In this situation playing off the 10ball and either banking it toward your pocket or playing it into the 4ball spinning two cushions to the top left quadrant is a move we need to incorporate into our way of thinking. This is a perfect situation to use it and possibly swing evefything in your favor.

Dr. Bill

unoperro

Verified Member
In the last mih, efren shot a combo like 8/15. Drew his cue back for the 8,which two railed into his wheelhouse. Pretty creative shot!

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I like everyone's thoughts on this WWYD, and I am very interested in knowing what Ghost shot in this situation.

One shot that could make life interesting for Clyde would be lightly rolling off the 5 and freezing up in the cage of balls.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I like everyone's thoughts on this WWYD, and I am very interested in knowing what Ghost shot in this situation.

One shot that could make life interesting for Clyde would be lightly rolling off the 5 and freezing up in the cage of balls.

I like that one too. Lot's of options in this position!

All of this pushes me in the direction of the combo. Not because that's necessarily the right shot. It's just that when I get confused by an array of good choices with no clear winner in my mind, I pretty much always decide on the one that involves shooting at my hole.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Postscript: You could also go off the eight ball thin one rail into the nine ball and accomplish the same shot and open up your two balls.
^ BINGO!

Good call Jerry. Eight ball doesn't need to be hit that thin. Opening up those balls is important.

View attachment 13983

I know we've got a lot of keyboard-cowboys on here, that don't ever miss a ball, or a combination..:D.....but still, I thought we had more tacticians than this :cool: - I never thought it would take all the way to Jerry in post #24 to come up with my shot...this shot is the nuts here.....and also, I can't believe that Billy slept it - and just for that, I'm gonna have to demote him again :eek: = no more Dr. Bill - he's now nurse Bill :sorry until I see fit to reinstate his medical license...:heh...:cool:...

Here's how my shot came out...and btw, Clyde is trapped, frozen against the 11 - he can't see the 8, nor can he see enough of the foot rail in order to kick the 8 ----->

Attachments

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
Thanks for posting these wwYd.

Like the old Indian said,"If we all saw things the same way,whiteman would want my squaw".

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Thanks for posting these wwYd.

Like the old Indian said,"If we all saw things the same way,whiteman would want my squaw".
You're welcome onedog.

But I gotta disagree with your Quote :)....if I wasn't married, I damn sure as hell would want this woman (and yes, she is full-blooded Indian) ----->

Attachments

androd

Verified Member
Good eye Jerry, never thought of it, a tip of my stetson. :)
^ BINGO!

I know we've got a lot of keyboard-cowboys on here, that don't ever miss a ball, or a combination..:D.....but still, I thought we had more tacticians than this :cool: - I never thought it would take all the way to Jerry in post #24 to come up with my shot...this shot is the nuts here.....and also, I can't believe that Billy slept it - and just for that, I'm gonna have to demote him again :eek: = no more Dr. Bill - he's now nurse Bill :sorry until I see fit to reinstate his medical license...:heh...:cool:...

Here's how my shot came out...and btw, Clyde is trapped, frozen against the 11 - he can't see the 8, nor can he see enough of the foot rail in order to kick the 8 ----->
A tip of my Stetson to you also Ghroast. :)

beatle

Verified Member
maybe i dont see the table layout on these wwyd posts. and that como is tougher than it looks.

how many here that play pool think they cant make that combo more than 50% of the time at the very least.

and you can wack that shot and the 8 may take out the 4 and go back to your side for an easy shot.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Over the last 40 years, I'm thousands winner over the kind of guys who would choose to shoot the combination in this spot...:heh...:cool:

lll

Verified Member
^ BINGO!

I know we've got a lot of keyboard-cowboys on here, that don't ever miss a ball, or a combination..:D.....but still, I thought we had more tacticians than this :cool: - I never thought it would take all the way to Jerry in post #24 to come up with my shot...

hey ghost in the members section last night your chicago compadre mr.3c posted the same shot
must something in the bensingers water...:D
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11152