Ghost vs. Clyde 43 - wyyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Clyde's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- score is 2 to 2, both going to 8 --- Clyde's got a problem here --- what can he do/wwyd? ---->

Attachments

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Rail first w/ low right, make the 12, bank the 14 over take the CB uptable to the middle of the head rail.

Oops, unless the 8 is wired!

Last edited:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Clyde's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- score is 2 to 2, both going to 8 --- Clyde's got a problem here --- what can he do/wwyd? ---->
Shoot the 12 into the top of the pocket and follow forward with whitey so that the cue ball gets enough behind the 14 to block anything aggressive. It looks like the 12 isn't blocked.

Skin

Verified Member
I'd look carefully to see if I could bank the 6 into the top half of the pile to open it up to my side while sending the cb with follow into the 12 to make it and stop (maybe even hooking him behind the 14).

Edit: Or I might just keep it simple and make the 12 and roll up behind the 14. It looks like that is available for sure (1pwannabe's shot).

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
What do you think is wrong with a jump into the 14? Looks easy and effective to me.
John,
Are you trying to take out the 12 with the 14 on that jump shot? If so and you're only jumping about 1/3 of the 6 ball ( the edge ) I think it's a good offensive minded shot that could yield great rewards if you can also draw the CB up the long rail towards the side pocket. It removes both the trouble balls and they should be over by your pocket if you get good action on them. I like it if you can get behind the stack and not give up a bank.

LSJohn

Verified Member
John,
Are you trying to take out the 12 with the 14 on that jump shot? If so and you're only jumping about 1/3 of the 6 ball ( the edge ) I think it's a good offensive minded shot that could yield great rewards if you can also draw the CB up the long rail towards the side pocket. It removes both the trouble balls and they should be over by your pocket if you get good action on them. I like it if you can get behind the stack and not give up a bank.
Thanks Jeff and Tom. It looks to me that the angle is for about a half or half+ hit on the 14, and the jump can carry plenty of draw to go to the top of the table, I think. I might see it differently at the table, and if so I'd probably shoot the same shot but not as firm.

At least that's the way it went in the dream. :)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Thanks Jeff and Tom. It looks to me that the angle is for about a half or half+ hit on the 14, and the jump can carry plenty of draw to go to the top of the table, I think. I might see it differently at the table, and if so I'd probably shoot the same shot but not as firm.

At least that's the way it went in the dream. :)
There is one rule that is typical in One Pocket matches, both in tournament play and in match play. However, the rule in match play usually first needs verification. NO JUMP CUES!

TW

LSJohn

Verified Member
There is one rule that is typical in One Pocket matches, both in tournament play and in match play. However, the rule in match play usually first needs verification. NO JUMP CUES!

TW
Oh, I agree. I'm talking about my playing cue. Just over the edge of a ball not too close to the CB shouldn't be a prob.

Earl and I do that stuff all the time. :D

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Clyde 43 - wyyd?

Ghost.. Does the 14 pass the 12? If not that changes things significantly. If it doesn't pass then I might like the 11th my hole and draw the Q over to his long rail.

beatle

Verified Member
clearing those two balls out is easy. but you may leave him a bank on the 6 if you cant get high enough.

but it is close you have to be there to see but you might be able to hit the left side of the 12 and bank the 14 up and down towards your hole and clear out the 12. or with a little more angle which you may even get both to go to your hole.
probably by hitting the left side of the 12 into the rail or directly into the 14 depending..
the double kiss is there and will protect you from selling out completely. it it gets you both balls just go up table.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
Thinking a little out of the box....

Half ball stun (foot rail side) on the 12 (perhaps with a touch of draw to get back about a diamond on the foot rail). Not too hard (let the rails do the work). If the 12 falls so be it, but there's a good chance it will bank off both tits/faces up to kick the 14 up table.

Last edited:

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
I, too thought of Jeff's shot about kicking bottom rail to make the 12 and catch the 14 to send it over my way with CB up table. I also like the 8 caroming off the ball it is frozen to to come back to my hole.--Smitty