Ghost vs. Clyde 41 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
This wwyd is the first in a sequence of innings from today...there is just one pic per inning...

Clyde's shot --- I just 2-railed the 14 at my pocket and left him here --- his pocket is at the bottom right --- ball score is: Clyde ahead 4-2 --- wwyd ----->

Attachments

Miller

Verified Member
i'd blast the 4 with follow and see what happens.....:eek:
:cool:

Miller

Verified Member
ghost is doling out a lot of "tough love" lately....
:lol

straightback

Verified Member
Damn, that's an ugly lie of balls! This is one where I'd have to be at the table. My thought is that the CB is going to keep returning there inning after inning, especially in the Ghost's capable hands. Kicking under the 14 looks dangerous, so is now the time to go bowling? I mean, the CB is out in the open so you can cue it where you like. You might not get another clear opportunity to rearrange the furniture.

Might look at blasting the 7 into the 6, billiarding the 7 my way and removing the 1 and hopefully the 14.

I like banking at the 6 and swinging the CB two rails but from this angle it feels thin. Icbw.

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
This wwyd is the first in a sequence of innings from today...there is just one pic per inning...

Clyde's shot --- I just 2-railed the 14 at my pocket and left him here --- his pocket is at the bottom right --- ball score is: Clyde ahead 4-2 --- wwyd ----->
1. Cut the five and go twice across back to about where the CB is now. I'm hoping to hang it so that you have to deal with it in a way that leaves me a better chance to reposition your balls uptable.

2. Kick soft underneath the 14. With a little luck, the 1, 14, and 6 will end up where none of them go and I can start grinding out your balls. (There's a terrible phrase, "grinding out your balls", but you know what I mean.)

I lean towards number 2. But if I'm shooting good that day, then number 1.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
PS, :sorry but the reason there'll only be one pic of the innings in this sequence is because the guys playing on the table across from our head rail were playing for $30 a game, and one guy was stuck about 5 games and not happy about it - so I wasn't about to intrude on their table space.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member

I'm kickin' 2 rails (long rail first) at the 14, soft enough that if I miss it completely, I end up behind it. If I can move the 14 just a little bit I think I'm going to get some free shots soon.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
It's very interesting to note :heh that many times when I've put up a wwyd where the shooter is in a bad trap, as in this one, as in "Ghost vs. Don 2", etc. etc..a couple of our strongest players/regular wwyd contributors (not mentioning names :D) don't post up a shot choice/solution - could it be that it's because they can't find a solution and don't want to admit it :eek: that they make like crickets?...:D...:p...:lol

- Detective Gh:)st

PS, And btw, to dispel one alibi - in these instances they have been logged in more than once, and did see these wwyd's...:heh

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
I would've banked the 10ball and tried to stiff over safe, can't imagine no one else liked it.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
Rod you shot looks ok but I was thinking on banking the 8 to my hole and bringing the CB back to close to where it is now . I think on the 10 the angle is such that to really try to make it you would have to put some right English on it and that would bring the CB towards the middle of the table.---Smitty

LSJohn

Verified Member
It's very interesting to note that many times when I've put up a wwyd where the shooter is in a bad trap, as in this one, as in "Ghost vs. Don 2", etc. etc..a couple of our strongest players/regular wwyd contributors (not mentioning names :D) don't post up a shot choice/solution - could it be that it's because they can't find a solution and don't want to admit it :eek: that they make like crickets?

- Detective Gh:)st

PS, And btw, to dispel one alibi - in these instances they have been logged in more than once, and did see these wwyd's...:heh
Thanks for recognizing me as one "of our strongest players/regular wwyd contributors" but hey, if I'm busy on a hot date, or giving lessons, or baling my winnings, I can't always take time to help you figure this stuff out. :sorry

:p :p :p

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Thanks for recognizing me as one "of our strongest players/regular wwyd contributors" but hey, if I'm busy on a hot date, or giving lessons, or baling my winnings, I can't always take time to help you figure this stuff out. :sorry
:p :p :p
Nah, 'LessSkilledJohn' :D you're not one of 'em...you're always present and accounted for in the wwyd's, posting up another one of your amateurish shot choices...:p

I would've banked the 10ball and tried to stiff over safe, can't imagine no one else liked it.
Yeah Rod......as I've said before, Clyde being a very good banker, and especially liking straight-backs, that's what he shot...he drilled it in, score is now 5-2 Clyde ahead - and now he's here -----> wdCd, wsCd, wwyd?

PS, And an interesting odds question if anybody wants to venture an opinion: With the balls positioned as they are, and Clyde ahead 5-2, who would you say is the favorite to win the game at this point? - and if you were playing someone who plays even with you and could have your choice, would you choose to be the current shooter, or not, right at this point in the game?

Attachments

Last edited:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Yeah Rod...Clyde being a very good banker, and especially liking straight backs, that's what he shot...he drilled it in, score is now 5-2 Clyde ahead - and now he's here -----> wdCd, wsCd, wwyd?

PS, And an interesting odds question if anybody wants to venture an opinion: With the balls positioned as they are, and Clyde ahead 5-2, who would you say is the favorite to win the game at this point? - and if you were playing someone who plays even with you and could have your choice, would you choose to be the shooter, or not, right at this point in the game?
The bank on the 10 was what I would have shot also, it was laying perfect for that shot.

Now you kick under the 14 with full tip of right with firm hit, the cue will stay right there and kick the 14 into your rail of balls driving them up. He needs them up table now.

Depending on how the kick comes out, he might be in a favorable position to win, but currently he isn't.

LSJohn

Verified Member
A. I'll probably miss it;

B. I'll probably shoot too hard trying to get whitey back a little;

C. If I get back safe, I'm not sure I want to make the 10 because the 5 might now block my ideal kick angle at the 14;

D. My gopher died by trying to take too big a bite. :heh

Last edited:

DWS

Verified Member
Hahahaha!!!!

Hahahaha!!!!

whaddayatalkin'about? - I'm losing here..:(..Clyde's ahead of me 4-2...:heh
Classic "Tough Love" from the Ghost......been in this position more times than I can count, where I have a lead on him and then I hear the "Woe is me, I am a poor pitiful Ghost about to lose", and then still get crushed.....My guess is he still won the game.....I am more familiar with his "Tough Love" than anyone.

DWS

Verified Member
U can have it....HAHA

U can have it....HAHA

ghost is doling out a lot of "tough love" lately....
:lol
Dustin you have have some of mine if you want......The "Tough Love" from Ghroast is brutal at times.....