Ghost vs. Clyde 39 - wwyd

beatle

Verified Member
i am a bigger favorite to make the either of the two balls than having to make the long straight in shot. plus the long straight shot isnt getting position and sells out if he misses.

plus again he wont shoot the shot as your pocket is going to have something sitting in front of it.

like i said i believe i am a favorite from there. if i shoot to the six i am certainly no favorite form there.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Well, if it was my shot here, being just 1/4" off the rail - I ain't firing away - I'm with John H./I'm shooting the simple 3-rail safety to the 6ball - which a similar shot in 3cushion is called: the 'Dew Drop Inn/do drop in'.

But young Clyde, still being full of p and v :) fired at the 13, loaded up with 2:30 o'clock english - and, big props to Clyde, he split the pocket...:eek:...but he couldn't quite spin down far enough for an easy shot at the 5 next, and now he had a new decision to make - cut the 5, 4-rail the 5, or play safe...here's how he came out ----->

Attachments

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Clyde 39 - wwyd

Simple. Rail first bank the 9 with RH English and bring the cue three rails for shape on the 6. 😱😱

LSJohn

Verified Member
Well, if it was my shot here, being just 1/4" off the rail - I ain't firing away - I'm with John H./I'm shooting the simple 3-rail safety to the 6ball - which a similar shot in 3cushion is called: the 'Dew Drop Inn/do drop in'.

But young Clyde, still being full of p and v :) fired at the 13, loaded up with 2:30 o'clock english - and, big props to Clyde, he split the pocket...:eek:...but he couldn't quite spin down far enough for an easy shot at the 5 next, and now he had a new decision to make - cut the 5, 4-rail the 5, or play safe...here's how he came out ----->
Now cut the 5 gently and come at the 1. If he makes it (80%?) either bank the 1 one or two rails or pop the 6 outta there. No prob. :)

bstroud

Verified Member
I think I would cut the 5 and hit the end rail to spin into the 6 ball.

You might get a bank on the 6 ball.

Bill S.

beatle

Verified Member
now he cuts the 5 in and the score is 7 to 5. thats why you dont play safe here and shoot the 13. now all he has to do is what john or bill said. two good choices to almost lock up the game.

Island Drive

Verified Member
This is a bad spot to be in. Shooting at either the 9 or the 13 ball and not making them could cost you the game. I think I would play ticky tack with him for a couple of rounds to see if he makes a mistake.

If I can find a way to play off the 9 and freeze the cue ball to the rail he now has to go to another rail or take a foul. If not then the Hackers shot is a good option.
Duplicate............

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
This is a bad spot to be in. Shooting at either the 9 or the 13 ball and not making them could cost you the game. I think I would play ticky tack with him for a couple of rounds to see if he makes a mistake.

If I can find a way to play off the 9 and freeze the cue ball to the rail he now has to go to another rail or take a foul. If not then the Hackers shot is a good option.
The way the nine is layin' it puts the shooter in control, because your able to clip it and still use it to hide behind, the next shot your opponent has, will open it up, I too think the smart money lies with this starting shot, just don't table scratch or open up the long rail, but it lays VERY easy to duck behind.

darmoose

Verified Member
The way the nine is layin' it puts the shooter in control, because your able to clip it and still use it to hide behind, the next shot your opponent has, will open it up, I too think the smart money lies with this starting shot, just don't table scratch or open up the long rail, but it lays VERY easy to duck behind.
Bill

I see you have changed your mind here. I presume after you get the first shot at the one ball, you plan to go with one of the choices I mentioned in post #14 when I first offered up this strategy.:)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
now he cuts the 5 in and the score is 7 to 5. thats why you dont play safe here and shoot the 13. now all he has to do is what john or bill said. two good choices to almost lock up the game.
You are 100 % right sir.. the people wanting to lay on the 9 ball have a lot to learn about the game..

darmoose

Verified Member
You are 100 % right sir.. the people wanting to lay on the 9 ball have a lot to learn about the game..
Well...there you go again....

I asked you the last time you said that in this thread....you were going to trap me after I played off the nine to the rail and froze the CB back to the nine (actually it don't matter if I freeze it or not so long as you can't see the left side of the one ball), just how you planned to do that.

I don't remember getting an answer, you keepin it a secret?

darmoose

Verified Member
Well...there you go again....

I asked you the last time you said that in this thread....you were going to trap me after I played off the nine to the rail and froze the CB back to the nine (actually it don't matter if I freeze it or not so long as you can't see the left side of the one ball), just how you planned to do that.

I don't remember getting an answer, you keepin it a secret?

tap..tap..tap..tap...:rolleyes:

Island Drive

Verified Member
Bill

I see you have changed your mind here. I presume after you get the first shot at the one ball, you plan to go with one of the choices I mentioned in post #14 when I first offered up this strategy.:)
Since I've been playin' a little more yes I agree, because my opponent is then unable to do the same to me whether going forward or towards the head rail. It forces him to let you see the one ball.

darmoose

Verified Member
Sorry.. no more free lessons.. you want to learn the game and eventually have a clue about it you can pay to learn like everyone else..

have a nice day:)
Robbie,

That's just a weak dodge for someone who wants to be the ultimate purveyor of the correct shot in these WWYD's, as you do (to the point of belittling others suggestions). Far better to explain your reasoning or simply admit you could be wrong.

But hey, whatever works for you....