Ghost vs. Clyde 35 wwyd

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I would shoot the 8 straight ahead with force follow and put the cue ball on his side rail at the first diamond. You could get very lucky.

With the balls as they are you need to something dramatic.

Bill S.
I initially wanted to shoot this also, but when the cue ball is close to the object ball it's a bit harder to control the deflection. If he returns the intentional and puts be back behind the 8, my hope is he's left me further away so I can shoot the 8 like you suggest.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
do you shoot those with spin or a rolling cue ball?
and do you shoot them by feel or a system??
just curious
pm me the system if you use it
thanks
:)
Because tables all play differently, rails, cloth, balls, it's hard to ever have a system. I start with simple bisection of angles, then adjust speed/spin as the table conditions dictate. This shot is actually easy in 1p, an hour of practice and it becomes second nature. Inside spin often works well for these, it naturally straights out the angle a bit and kills the cue ball...you don't want the cue ball coming off that rail hot in this situation.

lll

Verified Member
Because tables all play differently, rails, cloth, balls, it's hard to ever have a system. I start with simple bisection of angles, then adjust speed/spin as the table conditions dictate. This shot is actually easy in 1p, an hour of practice and it becomes second nature. Inside spin often works well for these, it naturally straights out the angle a bit and kills the cue ball...you don't want the cue ball coming off that rail hot in this situation.
thanks..:)
always interested how players shoot different shots
everyone i have spoken to has a differen way

Island Drive

Verified Member
If it lays so I can make the 8 and go two rails into the 9-14 catchers mitt I like that shot. Well worth costing me ONLY one ball.