Ghost vs. Clyde 35 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Once again, I'm not liking my situation..:mad:..the way the balls are laying - if I make a mistake here, Clyde will be running out...

My shot --- my pocket is at the bottom right --- it's a couple of innings after Clyde had a strong break --- no score --- wwyd ----->

Attachments

Last edited:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Once again, I'm not liking my situation..:mad:..the way the balls are laying - if I make a mistake here, Clyde will be running out...

My shot --- my pocket is at the top right --- it's a couple of innings after Clyde had a strong break --- no score --- wwyd ----->
Great break by Clyde for sure.

This is the only shot I would consider, it's not hard at all to execute. Comes up all the time. Take a scratch and let him make the first mistake.

petie

Verified Member
I've tried numerous time to edit out the last sentence in my post because I can now see that the ball I'm asking about is the 12. Does it possibly get in front of the cue ball or cause another ball to get in front of the cue ball?

sappo

Verified Member

This is the only shot I would consider, it's not hard at all to execute. Comes up all the time. Take a scratch and let him make the first mistake.

this is the shot i would play.keith

bstroud

Verified Member
I would shoot the 8 straight ahead with force follow and put the cue ball on his side rail at the first diamond. You could get very lucky.

With the balls as they are you need to something dramatic.

Bill S.

lll

Verified Member

do you shoot those with spin or a rolling cue ball?
and do you shoot them by feel or a system??
just curious
pm me the system if you use it
thanks
:)

Cory in dc

Verified Member

Seems like the option with the best potential payoff.

At the table, I would also take a look at kicking 2 rails at the 1-ball and tickie-ing down table a bit. Ending up near the long rail and around 2 to 2.5 diamonds up from the footrail looks pretty good.

jtompilot

Verified Member

I would try and put you right back in the same spot and let you try again

jtompilot

Verified Member
Ok James...but then don't leave without telling us what the right shot is...:heh
Ok Bruce. I don't like the wired combo, so I'm shooting straight into the 8 with follow. 8 ball two rails to disturb the combo and tie up balls. QB to the foot rail

I also like Rods shot but it might leave a long bank and scoot the QB to the other side of the table

LSJohn

Verified Member
I would shoot the 8 straight ahead with force follow and put the cue ball on his side rail at the first diamond. You could get very lucky.

With the balls as they are you need to something dramatic.

Bill S.
That was my second choice if my first didn't look right at the table.

libertyclick

The cue ball must end up where a) the eight isn't bankable b) he can't come off the 7 ball and across, blocking his hole with the stack. The intentional 3 railer between the 9 and 14 accomplishes this, as does the follow on the eight. Hitting the bottom side of the 14 moves the 7 but could easily leave a similar shot off the 13, 6, or 11 - to come across and block his hole with the stack. It also risks leaving the eight ball bank with a poor hit/too much sidespin/too much draw.

I would force follow the eight, opting to leave it on his side and hope to add congestion rather than hitting it hard enough to knock anything out (risky.) He'll come off the 5 and put me behind the stack. Then I have the 3 rail kick, or ideally I have added enough congestion that I have options uptable.

straightback

Verified Member
The 3-rail kick proposed by 1pwannabe appears to be the only really viable shot. Rod's shot is possible but there is a higher likelihood of leaving a straight back.

lll

Verified Member

My shot --- my pocket is at the top right --- it's a couple of innings after Clyde had a strong break --- no score --- wwyd ----->
whats to think about??
shoot the 8 in your hole and run out........:D
gg9.jpg