Ghost vs. Clyde 33 wwyd

Miller

Verified Member
My shot still hasn't been sussed out...Billy, I'm surprised that you didn't spot it...

Here's a hint: My shot called for a fairly firm stroke/hit...that's one thing I liked about it = I didn't have to worry about a 1/4" of table roll-off losing me the game, as could easily happen with the shots mentioned that require a soft clipping of the 14ball, 15ball, or 2ball.

- Ghost
what'd you shoot ghosty?
:confused:

(still like my shot the best....:heh)

:)

1pwannabe

Verified Member
My shot still hasn't been sussed out...Billy, I'm surprised that you didn't spot it...

Here's a hint: My shot called for a fairly firm stroke/hit...that's one thing I liked about it = I didn't have to worry about a 1/4" of table roll-off losing me the game, as could easily happen with the shots mentioned that require a soft clipping of the 14ball, 15ball, or 2ball.

- Ghost
The kick shot 1 rail under the 7 and 9 seems easy, the cue will stop there and those balls will go straight up table. That would require the firm hit, with a touch of left.

straightback

Verified Member
Hitting the 1 head on and continuing on towards the pocket is possible if no kiss occurred. Be a lot cooler if you were close to it so you could reliably shoot a "stun run through" shot, but the shot is workable from there with a rolling ball.

onehole365

what about crossing the 15 ball to your side of the table (right above the side pocket) clipping the back of the 5 ball with the cue ball and coming to rest behind the 9 7

Jeff sparks

Verified Member

- Ghost
Did you come off the 14 with a medium firm 7/8 full hit & stun over to the long rail behind the 9/7, while trying to thinly clip the 8/4 with the 14 ball in the process?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Was this a real game? I can't imagine a good player such as yourself letting all the balls get into a position such as we have here. Looks like they were hand scattered for a WWYD. It's a cool one though, matters not, just curious.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
The kick shot 1 rail under the 7 and 9 seems easy, the cue will stop there and those balls will go straight up table. That would require the firm hit, with a touch of left.
Bingo! - good eye 1pwannabe...

As you said, it's a pretty easy shot to execute...and also this shot was fairly risk free, removes my opponent's dead 7-9 combination, and 'rearranges the furniture'...

As we all know, with a shot that's going to 'rearrange the furniture', we don't know where all the balls are gonna end up...that said, I could of gotten a little better turn-out re. how the balls ended up, cuz he got left with a nice bank angle and window on the 1ball straight back (<--- I'll mention that myself before any 'monday morning quarterbacks' get a chance to :rolleyes:)...the shot could have just as easily ended up with the cueball snookered under the 5ball, the 1ball tied up with the 11, or whatever...

'rearrange the furniture' shots = chaos theory...here's the pic of the aftermath ----->

Attachments

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
OK Mr Bingo. Next shot, bank 1 ball, plenty of room to make it or just leave it close, QB draw to just below side pocket.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
OK Mr Bingo. Next shot, bank 1 ball, plenty of room to make it or just leave it close, QB draw to just below side pocket.
Unbelievable...despite what I wrote, I got a 'Monday morning (Sunday night) quarterback'/chucklehead anyway...:lol...

Jim...I sure as hell hope that you read the instrument panels in your planes, better than you read my posts...:rolleyes:

jtompilot

Verified Member
Unbelievable...despite what I wrote, I got a 'Monday morning (Sunday night) quarterback'/chucklehead anyway...:lol...

Jim...I sure as hell hope that you read the instrument panels in your planes, better than you read my posts...:rolleyes:
I was mostly commenting about the bingo thing.

I read what you said and mostly agree. You were in a tough spot and sometimes easy and simple seems like the best thing to do. I dont care for that shot selection but I could have just as easily sold out much worse. There is also the possibility that the outcome could have completely changed the game around.

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.

As for the airplane thing, we have a tool called FRAT. Flight Risk Assessment Tool. Everything we all do is a risk. From sleeping in bed to Parachuting. In one pocket I try to evaluate risk/benefit. Bingo shot-moderate risk, low benefit. More aggressive shot-High risk, possible High benefit. Either way it wont kill you:D

PS. I have learned many things from you and enjoy your WWYD. Keep up with the good word

LSJohn

Verified Member
Bingo! - good eye 1pwannabe...

As you said, it's a pretty easy shot to execute...and also this shot was fairly risk free, removes my opponent's dead 7-9 combination, and 'rearranges the furniture'...

As we all know, with a shot that's going to 'rearrange the furniture', we don't know where all the balls are gonna end up...that said, I could of gotten a little better turn-out re. how the balls ended up, cuz he got left with a nice bank angle and window on the 1ball straight back (<--- I'll mention that myself before any 'monday morning quarterbacks' get a chance to :rolleyes:)...the shot could have just as easily ended up with the cueball snookered under the 5ball, the 1ball tied up with the 11, or whatever...

'rearrange the furniture' shots = chaos theory...here's the pic of the aftermath ----->
Wouldn't a half-ball hit on the right side of the 8 from here send the 4 near his pocket and CB to the long rail behind everything? I think I'd shoot that before trying to sent the 1 through the gap.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Wouldn't a half-ball hit on the right side of the 8 from here send the 4 near his pocket and CB to the long rail behind everything? I think I'd shoot that before trying to sent the 1 through the gap.
I don't remember exactly how the 8-4 lies...but hitting it on the right side as you suggest, might throw the 4 into my pocket points.

LSJohn

Verified Member
I don't remember exactly how the 8-4 lies...but hitting it on the right side as you suggest, might throw the 4 into my pocket points.
I was thinking not, because 14 into the 8 from the original position wouldn't make the 4 for you, and that would throw it max, right?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I was thinking not, because 14 into the 8 from the original position wouldn't make the 4 for you, and that would throw it max, right?
Johnny...you're talking two different things now...I didn't say you would throw the 4 into my pocket - I said that the 4 might nip the points of my pocket.

wincardona

Verified Member
Maybe i'm looking at the picture wrong but i still dont see how to kick behind the 7ball, whether you kick one rail or two rails. Just dont see an open avenue.

Does any one else have this problem?

Dr. Bill

unoperro

Verified Member
I was mostly commenting about the bingo thing.

I read what you said and mostly agree. You were in a tough spot and sometimes easy and simple seems like the best thing to do. I dont care for that shot selection but I could have just as easily sold out much worse. There is also the possibility that the outcome could have completely changed the game around.

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.

As for the airplane thing, we have a tool called FRAT. Flight Risk Assessment Tool. Everything we all do is a risk. From sleeping in bed to Parachuting. In one pocket I try to evaluate risk/benefit. Bingo shot-moderate risk, low benefit. More aggressive shot-High risk, possible High benefit. Either way it wont kill you:D

PS. I have learned many things from you and enjoy your WWYD. Keep up with the good word
This is the way more replies should read.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Clyde 33 wwyd

Maybe i'm looking at the picture wrong but i still dont see how to kick behind the 7ball, whether you kick one rail or two rails. Just dont see an open avenue.

Dr. Bill

Yes. Im having a tough time seeing it as well. Maybe there was room to the left of the 5?

sappo

Verified Member
So Ghost, after seeing and hearing the discussions regarding all the shots presented here, would you still play the kick you shot or did you see something better from out members? Keith

lll

Verified Member

Dr. Bill
Yes. Im having a tough time seeing it as well. Maybe there was room to the left of the 5?
i dont see the angle to do it either