Ghost vs. Clyde 32 wwyd

unoperro

Verified Member
Ghost i dont know if you would play the ball thats in front of your side pocket if i left you on the head rail. I really believe from your past wwyd you wouldnt.
If I thought you would, I would 2 rail kick the 4. Sure Clyde sees this.;)

darmoose

Verified Member
Is it natural to miss the scratch banking the 11 at the 2? If so, that doesn't look bad. If it's hit well, I don't think you can shoot the 12.
john

I agree that banking the 11 there is no scratch, but if the CB is left just about anywhere uptable, your opponent can and I would cut the 12 down the rail, and the CB will naturally travel across table where I will have choice of shots to my hole, or if I miss the 12 will be ahanger and you will be blocked, no?

The only offensive shot is bank the 1, but keep the CB below the side pocket, I assume the 4 ball don't go. Otherwise, I would shoot the 2ball and reposition the CB low enough on the side rail to require he turn loose of the CB to bank the 10.

I think

unoperro

Verified Member
Right shot but wrong cue ball because of the angles. Normally everyone plays that shot 2 off the 4 and have the cue ball go forward... In this case you have the cut the 2 ball to the right a little so you can't go forward so instead you draw your cue ball back 2 rails out of the corner. You figured to move a few balls toward your hole and leave a risky return shot.
Draw kils Your cue ball so... if you hit this hard enough to draw out 2 rails you probably get the duece back and forth and back again. Did you overlook that little fact? Probaly leave ghost way better then he is now.

LSJohn

Verified Member
john

I agree that banking the 11 there is no scratch, but if the CB is left just about anywhere uptable, your opponent can and I would cut the 12 down the rail, and the CB will naturally travel across table where I will have choice of shots to my hole, or if I miss the 12 will be ahanger and you will be blocked, no?
That's why I said "If I hit it (11) good." If I hit 1/2 the 13, or any part of the 2, or leave it inside the 2 not on the bottom rail, he can't get safe missing the 12... at least that 's the way I see it. (And I think I can get CB close to the middle of the top rail where few people would risk the 12.)

The only offensive shot is bank the 1, but keep the CB below the side pocket, I assume the 4 ball don't go. Otherwise, I would shoot the 2ball and reposition the CB low enough on the side rail to require he turn loose of the CB to bank the 10.
That's a shot I hit reasonably well and play, but I don't like it with CB that close to the rail. I often can't tell on the screen how a shot will set up at the table, so it might feel fine to me there.

Thanks

:heh

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Clyde's shot --- his pocket is at bottom right --- Ghost ahead 1-0 in balls --- wwyd?...
I two rail the 11 ball (to the left) and let the cue ball go to the right two rails under those balls and let whitey head back to your hole reversing the trap.

LSJohn

Verified Member
I two rail the 11 ball (to the left) and let the cue ball go to the right two rails under those balls and let whitey head back to your hole reversing the trap.
Great idea if it's there. I've got a feeling I would hit either the 5 or the 10 with the CB about half the time.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Draw kils Your cue ball so... if you hit this hard enough to draw out 2 rails you probably get the duece back and forth and back again. Did you overlook that little fact? Probaly leave ghost way better then he is now.
Well you see when you draw this shot with bottom left the cue ball is going to take off 2 rails out of the corner plus you aiming for a half ball hit on the 4 ball so the carom takes it into the balls along the rail pushing everything to your side... I know the shot is above your pay grade so instead of hoping to trip me up why don't you pay attention and you might eventually have a clue about the game... :sorry

P.S. you see the thicker hit you get on the 4 ball the SLOWER the 2 ball will be traveling... if you really think there was a chance for the 2 ball to go back and forth to his side of the table you really are lost playing this game..

have a nice day:)

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
I don't know if anybody chose banking the 13 back towards you side with a ton of bottom right playing the cue ball to Masse a little to the right of the 11 and 2 rail it out of the right hand corner back under his side pocket...lol

unoperro

Verified Member
Well you see when you draw this shot with bottom left the cue ball is going to take off 2 rails out of the corner plus you aiming for a half ball hit on the 4 ball so the carom takes it into the balls along the rail pushing everything to your side... I know the shot is above your pay grade so instead of hoping to trip me up why don't you pay attention and you might eventually have a clue about the game... :sorry

P.S. you see the thicker hit you get on the 4 ball the SLOWER the 2 ball will be traveling... if you really think there was a chance for the 2 ball to go back and forth to his side of the table you really are lost playing this game..

Not trying to "trip" anybody Up. Fact is shot has to be well struck with draw to get it of the corner. Draw also puts follow on the 2 ball so it is coming out flatter then you think.:confused:
I supposed thick hit on the 4 ball will send it to Rails to your pocket also?
Have a nice day yourself!

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
instead of hoping to trip me up why don't you pay attention and you might eventually have a clue about the game...

...if you really think there was a chance for the 2 ball to go back and forth to his side of the table you really are lost playing this game..

Glad to see you're off the Vagisil and back to your natural game.

Have a nice day. :D :D :D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Not trying to "trip" anybody Up. Fact is shot has to be well struck with draw to get it of the corner. Draw also puts follow on the 2 ball so it is coming out flatter then you think.:confused:
I supposed thick hit on the 4 ball will send it to Rails to your pocket also?
Have a nice day yourself!
You are way out of your league junior... go play with the cat shit in the sand box.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Glad to see you're off the Vagisil and back to your natural game.

Have a nice day. :D :D :D
Remember before the Seniors you said if you can just play YOUR game you would be O.K. next time try playing someone elses game.:D

phil dade

Verified Member
I am doing a little lite reading, taking notes and learning. I feel awful but I am really having a nice day:) !

Enjoy your evening;)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Clyde 32 wwyd

I'm 2 railing the 11 and drawing 2 rails like suggested I love that shot

I love that shot too Todd. But not here IMO. It looks like the cue either hits the 5-6, or if not, runs into the stack in a bad way. Maybe I am seeing it wrong

LSJohn

Verified Member
I love that shot too Todd. But not here IMO. It looks like the cue either hits the 5-6, or if not, runs into the stack in a bad way. Maybe I am seeing it wrong
Coming out of that corner the path between the 5 and 10 looks hard to hit.

NH Steve

Administrator
I am kinda late to the party and maybe this was posted before, but this might work if I hit it decent and miss the mid-table kiss lol. In looking at my own lines drawn I think that you would be better off hitting it a bit thicker, so it was more likely to miss by going three rails a little long, where it could still go in the pocket by rattling off those other balls, but that would help control whitey and avoid any chance of a kiss too -- but I am not going to redraw, lol.

Edit: definitely not trying to draw this shot -- just some right english to assure getting a nice turn around the upper right hand corner.

Attachments

Last edited: