Ghost vs. Clyde 26 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Looks like youse guys could use a new situation to consider...

Clyde's shot - he's got a problem --- the ball score is 4-4, both going to 8 --- Clyde's pocket is at the bottom right, below the 6ball --- wwyd?

Attachments

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
I would feather the 15 and try and make your ball with the cue ball. I doubt you are going to run too many balls from here even if I don't make your ball.

Only other option I see is to freeze the cue ball to the eight by coming off a ball and getting under it. If that doesn't quite work I am giving up multiple balls.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I would feather the 15 and try and make your ball with the cue ball. I doubt you are going to run too many balls from here even if I don't make your ball.

Only other option I see is to freeze the cue ball to the eight by coming off a ball and getting under it. If that doesn't quite work I am giving up multiple balls.
I didn't see your option 1 for some reason, but I like it!

LSJohn

Verified Member
One more view ----->
I think I'd cut the 5 toward the 10 and try to send CB straight at the 7. I don't think you can get on another ball other than the bank on the 6.

Edit: Now that I see Hendy's first choice, I think it's better. Doesn't give up much more ball-running opportunity if missed and it's much better if it's pulled off.

wincardona

Verified Member

This is by far my first choice, second choice would be to roll on top of the 10ball. I believe playing shape from the 10ball side of the table is more difficult than from any other position on the table for my opponent, especially if I can get him over the 10ball.

Imo, when playing the billiard kick off the 15ball play the angle that allows you to end up on the side rail if the kick is missed. From that angle you cut down considerably his position potential to only one ball. Ending up with the cue ball on the bottom rail if the kick is missed will allow your opponent to drop for the 3ball or 15ball, and then to other balls.

With this understanding I would then load up with "right english" to play the kick "long" with the speed to end up on the side rail if missed.
Dr. Bill

Last edited:

koldcash

Looks pretty straight forward to me, 3 options I see, my 1st would be the up and down kick of the short rail to make the 9 ball, with a half tip of inside(I know it's off angled, but the inside makes the ball a lot bigger) 2nd would be the side rail kick to make the 9 and last would be the shot John said, feathering off the 15. I understand that if you miss the kick one spots and it's a disaster, but we should be able to execute these kicks at a high percentage if we are at all familiar with the equipment.seems like feathering off the 15 is the hardest shot to execute, but with the least consequences.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Jack up, bank the 8 ball with bottom left kicking the 10 ball toward your hole and run out.. this was so easy I can't believe this is a WWYD ... ok whats next:p

onepockethacker

Verified Member
LMFAO I was screwing around with my last post but after reading through a couple of these... banking the 8 doesn't look half bad:lol:lol

P.S. Lord its me again... please Lord just give me a room full of these guys for a month and you can cancel the " let me win the lottery request" :lol:lol:lol

onepockethacker

Verified Member
And just to be clear... Henderson has the right and only choice if you like money.. to the scratch takers and kickers in this spot... :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

t-dog

Verified Member
And just to be clear... Henderson has the right and only choice if you like money.. to the scratch takers and kickers in this spot... :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
Do you have to feather the 15? it looks like the nine can be kicked in without right and if it needs any, it doesnt look like much.

beatle

Verified Member
there are rails on the table you can use. one rail whitey into his ball and its done.
dont let melrose see the convoluted things suggested.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
You don't want a ball going on the spot whatsoever. Do John's shot

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Do you have to feather the 15? it looks like the nine can be kicked in without right and if it needs any, it doesnt look like much.
I'd much rather feather the 15 and miss than kick straight and miss.

1. The difficulty isn't all that much different.
2. If I were to kick and miss, a ball spots up and I have to figure I'm lucky if he only gets 3. But if I feather and miss, nothing spots and he is much more likely to get just 1-2 balls.

Cory

t-dog

Verified Member
I'd much rather feather the 15 and miss than kick straight and miss.

1. The difficulty isn't all that much different.
2. If I were to kick and miss, a ball spots up and I have to figure I'm lucky if he only gets 3. But if I feather and miss, nothing spots and he is much more likely to get just 1-2 balls.

Cory
I think adding the additional element of hitting the 15 adds a lot of difficulty. You have to feather it the perfect amount. I think i can kick the 9 in with a very high confidence so I would do that. This is what these wwyd are for so I will continue to contemplate until I see the light. ;)

edit....got it....now I am going to practice feathering the ball and kicking until I feel as confident hitting it that way as I do just kicking it in.