Ghost vs. Clyde 23 wwyd

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I'd two rail the 4 ball a smidgen short, and billiard bank the 10 one rail trying to make it. Both are headed my way and the CB looks good where the 10 used to be.

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I would just knock the seven to my side and leave him up under the twelve, frozen to it. I should win from there...

jtompilot

Verified Member
The 8 and 9 both bank for your opponent so anywhere up table is a problem. Some guys bank better than shoot straight in. Aggressive is to go ahead and bank the 14 home and win or miss and possibly lose. I'll be shooting the 7 and try to freeze up under the 12 like Jimmy.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Eddie...if I had the skills to make the 14 jump over the 4ball so-as to achieve the ball-pocketing 2-rail angle needed, I mighta shot that "winning shot"...:)
Ghost that is why I get spotted 12-4 or 11-5 by the good players and still lose. age is catching up to me my vision isn't too good either.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Lag bank the 14 and hope it drifts in. Put the CB by the piece of chalk down on the right side by the corner pocket. JB

senor

Verified Member
you need two backers for that one, one for this set and one for the next life after this one quits you LOL
So which are you? The one who passes on the shot or the one who marries the guy who passes on the shot? :p

PS. that's a main reason I never messed with backers, just 2 or 3 guys who were in if they wanted a piece.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
vapros

Bank the 14 back between the 8 and 9, pocket speed. At that speed, it's no disaster even if you do nick the 8. A great chance to go northeast with the cue ball. Unless you butcher the shot, he will have a 10 foot defensive shot with many possible bad outcomes. It's all good.

I would two rail the 9 ball and pinch the cue ball one rail for shape on the 7/12

I like this option only if I were confident of controlling both the 9ball and the cue ball, this angle looks to be a little "iffy" still a very good option if the angle allows you to play it comfortably

jtompilot

The 8 and 9 both bank for your opponent so anywhere up table is a problem. Some guys bank better than shoot straight in. Aggressive is to go ahead and bank the 14 home and win or miss and possibly lose. I'll be shooting the 7 and try to freeze up under the 12 like Jimmy.
[/QUOTE]

The shooter will have the better position after the 14ball is banked, attacking from this position should be the plan especially if you can play a good cue ball.
I would only play your option of playing off the 7ball if I needed only one or two balls, needing three or more balls imo choosing this option is playing too conservatively.

This is a type of situation where mostly all balls are in play that you have to place more emphasis on the score when choosing your option. The shot I like most in this situation would be vapros shot, banking the 14ball and playing a good cue ball. More emphasis should be put on the cue ball (imo) when choosing this option. Like he say's "he will have a 10 foot defensive shot with many possible bad outcomes. It's all good.";)

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
The stripe near the 7? I believe I 1 rail it to my side leave whitey down by the 2. Hopefully behind it!

baby huey

Verified Member
Either take out the seven or two rail the fourteen and draw the cue ball cross table and down to the corner pocket. Taking out the seven is a bit more controlling of the game and two railing the fourteen a bit more aggressive. Depending on your mood that day, hurry up and shoot dammit.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Here is another option. Also removes a ball from his side. but I like the 14 ball one rail straight back better. Just to get it to my side expecting a bank on the twelve after he takes it out.

twelve cut.jpg

LSJohn

Verified Member
Here is another option. Also removes a ball from his side. but I like the 14 ball one rail straight back better. Just to get it to my side expecting a bank on the twelve after he takes it out.

View attachment 12728
I think that was unoperro's shot. I like it too, but would try to send the CB straight up so it has a chance to get behind the 2.

Brumback's shot has a much better chance to get under the 2, but leaves the 12 on Clyde's side and moves the 14 that's already favorable for ghost.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
I think that was unoperro's shot. I like it too, but would try to send the CB straight up so it has a chance to get behind the 2.

Brumback's shot has a much better chance to get under the 2, but leaves the 12 on Clyde's side and moves the 14 that's already favorable for ghost.
Yes sir. I went back and read the posts. I was on my way out the door when I posted my picture. thanks.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Either take out the seven or two rail the fourteen and draw the cue ball cross table and down to the corner pocket. Taking out the seven is a bit more controlling of the game and two railing the fourteen a bit more aggressive. Depending on your mood that day, hurry up and shoot dammit.
Ghost another guy jumping the 4 ball I guess I'm not the only sucker.

androd

Verified Member
Mrs. Ghost...as always..the way you mouse that cueball around the balls/table, is a wonder to behold...:heh

PS, Just wondering..fess up now..did you spray the cueball with silicone before you moused this shot?...:D
That's a fairly routine shot for me. You must strike the CB near the edge.
Most posters here are waiting for something to die. I prefer to kill something.
Rod.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
That's a fairly routine shot for me. :heh You must strike the CB near the edge.
Most posters here are waiting for something to die. I prefer to kill something. :cool:
Rod.
You forgot to add your smileys..so I put them in for you

- Ghroast

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Just 1 rail the 12 ball pocket speed and send the cue ball up table. This is so basic its a joke.. and other choices by the short bus kids as usual... ARE WRONG:frus It is amazing to me that people would suggest 2 railing the 9 ball or banking the 14 ball in this spot.. You dont leave 2 balls by your opponents pocket begging him to send a 3rd ball into them.. The only other shot is clearing the 7 ball.... Any other suggestions don't have a clue how to play one pocket... Lets start using some common sense people when you study these diagrams

one pocket guy

Verified Member
I agree 12 is best Hacker. That was my first thought I just figured it had to be something wrong with it for it to be posted. Too easy?
Thanks for posting that. PS please don't stop helping us Special Needs students!