Ghost vs. Bert 5 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
My shot --- I have the bottom right pocket --- ball score is: I'm ahead 2-1, both of us going to 8 --- good aggressive shots, and good conservative shots are available here --- wwyd ----->

Attachments

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Well, I'm not kicking gentle behind the two. Kick it into the 14 thickly and make sure you get the six or fourteen or both of them in front of your hole to take away his banking play off the ten. This is cake for The Ghost...

Pancake

My shot --- I have the bottom right pocket --- ball score is: I'm ahead 2-1, both of us going to 8 --- good aggressive shots, and good conservative shots are available here --- wwyd ----->
Shoot the 7, two rails at your hole... pocket speed. Just miss the 10... Leave him on the rail.

LSJohn

Verified Member
I would definitely go off the 3 to get behind the 2. Even if he fires in the 10 there's a fair chance he won't get another, and if he misses, I'm in tall cotton. If he shoots anything else, I will probably be able to remove the 2 and stick, improving again.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Well, I'm not kicking gentle behind the two. Kick it into the 14 thickly and make sure you get the six or fourteen or both of them in front of your hole to take away his banking play off the ten. This is cake for The Ghost...
I like it, but for my skill level, I am kicking gently behind the 2. Plan is to leave the CB very close to the footrail.

I think most players would not respond by banking the 10 from there, though there is a chance I would leave the bank such that he could shoot the 10 and leave the CB on the long rail on my side. But I think it will end up a bit straight for that.

As Rob always says, what's he going to do from there? Nothing too concerning.

LSJohn

Verified Member
I like it, but for my skill level, I am kicking gently behind the 2. Plan is to leave the CB very close to the footrail.

I think most players would not respond by banking the 10 from there, though there is a chance I would leave the bank such that he could shoot the 10 and leave the CB on the long rail on my side. But I think it will end up a bit straight for that.

As Rob always says, what's he going to do from there? Nothing too concerning.
The reason I like going off the 3 to get there is it removes his option -- especially if you don't get CB exactly on the bottom rail -- of drawing off the 3 behind "your" 6 or just going gently off it to your long rail.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
First shot that jumps out is bank the 7 ball straight back with a huge pocket and go 3 rails with the cue ball. The other shot is 2 railing the 10 ball and spinning your cue ball 2 rails between the 3 and 7 balls. Pat of me likes the 10 ball because it eliminates it from an easy bank later on for my opponent ... HOWEVER in this spot Im going with the 1 railer on the 7 ball and 3 rails with whitey

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
First shot that jumps out is bank the 7 ball straight back with a huge pocket and go 3 rails with the cue ball. The other shot is 2 railing the 10 ball and spinning your cue ball 2 rails between the 3 and 7 balls. Pat of me likes the 10 ball because it eliminates it from an easy bank later on for my opponent ... HOWEVER in this spot Im going with the 1 railer on the 7 ball and 3 rails with whitey
Absolutely.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
The seven jumped out at me also until I saw for it to go the three rails in return, it looked like it could not get passed all the balls. Big pocket to shoot at though and I like these shoots. I would have to see the table. Kicking the two softly if I am being very conservative waiting to get in stroke or aggressively if I am warmed up and ready. Thats my story and you cant mess me up.

jtompilot

Verified Member
There is only one shot here for me. Straight back on the 7, three rails for the QB. Big pocket for the 7, nothing in the way of whitey.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I agree 100%

Scrzbill

Verified Member
I don't disagree with anyone interpetation of banking the seven and going three rails but with the English needed to make the shot, one point above right left center, I see the cue ball in trouble. Loading up the cue ball affects the bank causing it to straighten up rather than go to the pocket, so tell me how to miss the other balls and get down behind the stack. If I kick softly at the two and you would shoot the bank from the rail with splinters in your fingernails, I'm saving my disability checks for some back therapy to play at the DCC.:eek:

jtompilot

Verified Member
I don't disagree with anyone interpetation of banking the seven and going three rails but with the English needed to make the shot, one point above right left center, I see the cue ball in trouble. Loading up the cue ball affects the bank causing it to straighten up rather than go to the pocket, so tell me how to miss the other balls and get down behind the stack. If I kick softly at the two and you would shoot the bank from the rail with splinters in your fingernails, I'm saving my disability checks for some back therapy to play at the DCC.:eek:
The natural carom angle off the 7 the QB hits the middle diamond. Two tips of right the QB spins towards the 1 3/4 diamond on the short rail. The QB should end up around 1 1/2 diamonds above the corner pocket. Try it, you'll like it.

LSJohn

Verified Member
I don't disagree with anyone interpetation of banking the seven and going three rails but with the English needed to make the shot, one point above right left center, I see the cue ball in trouble. Loading up the cue ball affects the bank causing it to straighten up rather than go to the pocket, so tell me how to miss the other balls and get down behind the stack.
Way too demanding for me to accomplish: 7 misses 15, CB misses 10, CB short but not too short, something resembling pocket speed.

If I kick softly at the two and you would shoot the bank from the rail with splinters in your fingernails, I'm saving my disability checks for some back therapy to play at the DCC.:eek:
:lol:lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
Its not the first rail I'm worried about, its the second. Maybe I'm not seeing it well enough. Its 7am here.

jtompilot

Verified Member
If you soft kick the 2 you sell out a free bank with nothing close to your hole. If you kick the 2 firm and don't hit it well who knows what you're going to sell out.

You can over cut, under cut, or hit the 7 good and still make it. The easy part is missing the 10. If you miss the 7 you'll leave a good bank but it's not free.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I'm deleting the 3 ball bank options in favor of this wild & crazy shot.

I'm gonna bank the 10 into the 5 at a pretty good pace, with dead stop on the CB. Unless I'm really unlucky they are both going to my side, one or the other might actually go into my pocket. That's my choice and I'm sticking with it.