Ghost vs. Arturo 6 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Arturo's shot --- his pocket is at the top right --- ball score is 4 to 3 Ghost ahead, both going to 8 --- even loaded up with 9:00 english, the 1ball is not quite makeable --- wwyd ---->

Attachments

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Arturo 6 wwyd

Call me crazy (again) but if I cross the 8 with inside, the cue should carom off the 1 towards the left long rail, possibly behind the 6. The 1 should also go towards my hole for my next shot. Only problem is if I miss the bank I'm likely to leave a return bank.

Cobra Kai

If it laid a slightly better, you might be able to shoot a firm stop shot on the 8 into the left side of the 6. The six would bounce up table, the 8 would glance off the 6 and cross bank towards your hole, and you can stick the cue ball right up on the 1 ball.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Stiff the 5 straight back and let whitey naturally fall behind those two balls on the rail. If you make the 5 then you double bank those to balls towards your hole.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
If it laid a slightly better, you might be able to shoot a firm stop shot on the 8 into the left side of the 6. The six would bounce up table, the 8 would glance off the 6 and cross bank towards your hole, and you can stick the cue ball right up on the 1 ball.
I like this and what I would do...

the angle wont let you stick the CB on the 1 but you can at least hide behind the one and get the 8 ball near your quadrant.

Hardmix

Verified Member
I agree with Kobra cai. The 8/1 don't favor your pocket and the 6 has to go.

Hardmix

beatle

Verified Member
2 rail the 8 into the six, one of them, the 8 will go towards your hole hopefully.
then you have the perfect angle to stick him on the 1.

wincardona

Verified Member
I'm not going to try to play some advanced shot, nor am I going to try to stick the cue ball on either the 1ball or 8ball but what i'm going to do is simply pocket the 7ball and draw under the 6ball and go from there.

That shot seems simple enough to get away from this position, plus the ball position favors me.

Dr. Bill

LSJohn

Verified Member
Call me crazy (again) but if I cross the 8 with inside, the cue should carom off the 1 towards the left long rail, possibly behind the 6. The 1 should also go towards my hole for my next shot. Only problem is if I miss the bank I'm likely to leave a return bank.
That actually looks pretty good, but at the table I'be sayin' to myself, "Am I talkin' myself into a hope shot?"

No can do.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Yeah, "IF". :)

Can't get the CB on the 1 the way it lays. I actually thought about the shot with just a little stun forward.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
No one's chosen/identified Arturo's shot yet - which was a pretty simple shot...and had the balls come out slightly different for him, it would have been a very effective shot.

Wayne

Verified Member
I would probably consider several of the shots mentioned and then settle on what would be the simplest for me, which is, shoot the 1 ball off the bottom rail into the six and follow the cueball down to the bottom rail. This removes the six ball threat and breaks up the 1 and 8 which both go to his hole but neither to mine.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Three rail the 7, his long rail/ head rail/ my long rail between the 2nd & 3rd diamonds. Put the CB under and behind the green 6.