Ghost vs. Arturo 3 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Arturo's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- score is Ghost ahead 4 to 2, both going to 8 --- wwyd ---->

Attachments

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
If it wasnt a redcircle cuwball I would 1 rail the 9 and send whitey up to the head rail and back 2/3 diamonds along the rail.

With that redcircle I'm 2 railing the 8 and going 4 rails behind the 4. I belive thats the ball along the foot rail.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
Carom off the 10 to land cue off of head rail on your side of 8 about 1 diamond away from 8). Preferably it bounces up a little to prevent you banking 8 to your hole.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
One rail the eight ball. Strike the cue ball at about 8:30 .
The "last view" makes me want to shoot this shot. Even so, I think I'm going to put all my focus on the cue ball. 8 ball probably only moves a few feet and the cue ball goes to the second diamond on the long rail (right by the coin), using the 13 to protect the 9 ball.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
For those of you who are wanting to leave me somewheres up-table - thank you...the 11ball carom off of the 2ball is laying perfect - for making it, and with the angle for the cueball to carom safely into the long rail behind the 9ball...and I am partial to that type of carom shot...:heh

- Ghost

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Looks like it lays perfect to bank the 9 one rail and put the CB up table on the left side of the 8, ( by the piece of chalk ) If you make the 9 you might be able to do something with the 8, if you hang the 9 he will have to deal with it. Thinning the 9 and blocking all the banks looks risky, and banking the 8 leaves the carom Ghost likes, unless you get perfect with the CB like Cory suggests, where the angle to drop under the 9 isn't favorable. Soft roll on the 8 would also prevent the carom as the angle would not be there for the Ghost to put the CB behind the 9.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Arturo 3 wwyd

Looks like it lays perfect to bank the 9 one rail and put the CB up table on the left side of the 8, ( by the piece of chalk ) If you make the 9 you might be able to do something with the 8, if you hang the 9 he will have to deal with it. Thinning the 9 and blocking all the banks looks risky, and banking the 8 leaves the carom Ghost likes, unless you get perfect with the CB like Cory suggests, where the angle to drop under the 9 isn't favorable. Soft roll on the 8 would also prevent the carom as the angle would not be there for the Ghost to put the CB behind the 9.

I liked Banking the 8 to leave the cue uptable on his side, until ghosts comment. Now I agree Jeff. I'm banking the 9 to make or leave it hanging.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I liked Banking the 8 to leave the cue uptable on his side, until ghosts comment. Now I agree Jeff. I'm banking the 9 to make or leave it hanging.
+1

I like banking that 8 ball where you overcut it with extreme inside english so that CB holds over near the left rail but with Ghost's comment, I too, shoot the 9 ball. The angle seems perfect to get the CB where I want it.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Bank the 8 one rail towards the 6 (left side of 6...) and put whitey on opponents 2nd diamond. Don't try banking the 8 ball one rail back to your hole, you'll lose whitey and you need to protect your 9-ball...unless you bank like Eddie Taylor and then it's a gimme.

baby huey

Verified Member
I would bank the eight to center table between the side pockets and leave him in the corner pocket diagonal to the nine ball. In doing so, I first am trying to hook him from seeing the nine ball and secondly leaving him tough where there are kisses if he tries to safe me back.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
For those of you who are wanting to leave me somewheres up-table - thank you...the 11ball carom off of the 2ball is laying perfect - for making it, and with the angle for the cueball to carom safely into the long rail behind the 9ball...and I am partial to that type of carom shot...:heh

- Ghost
I doubt that you would shoot that eleven ball if I miss the eight and leave it in front of my hole. To pocket the eleven ball off the two ball requires a precise hit because of the space between the two balls, and it could easily be missed. I don't believe that it would be worth the risk.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I doubt that you would shoot that eleven ball if I miss the eight and leave it in front of my hole. To pocket the eleven ball off the two ball requires a precise hit because of the space between the two balls, and it could easily be missed. I don't believe that it would be worth the risk.
Frank....of course, if you left the eight in front of your hole, I would only shoot the carom if I was trapped, and had no better option...but, the odds are - in one try, most players aren't going to hit that long-distance-off-angle bank good enough to leave it in front of their hole (especially while loading up the cueball with max. inside english as you said you would do) - and that's what I'm talking about.

- Ghost