Ghost vs. Arturo 19 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Responding to the break --- I just broke - not too good of a break --- Arturo to shoot --- wwyd? ----->

Attachments

Hardmix

Verified Member
Carom/bank the 5 off the 3 moving to your hole. Use stun follow on cb leaving on the rail. The 3 and the ball by the rail should vacate the area since the shot will have to struck somewhat firmly.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Carom/bank the 5 off the 3 moving to your hole. Use stun follow on cb leaving on the rail. The 3 and the ball by the rail should vacate the area since the shot will have to struck somewhat firmly.
I didn't think it would take long for someone to pick out that shot...:heh

Hardmix

Verified Member
Banking the 8 into the 11/13 looks appealing but I could not tell if the shot is available by the pic.

Nick B

Verified Member
Sometimes simple is better

Sometimes simple is better

Simple and effective. Object is to hide the TWO. Now he can't use the EIGHT to return the safety. If he goes up table I have the Eight to use a striker or simple safety.

Attachments

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I don't see anything much better than Hardmix's shot. I'd have to see which was best: shooting the 5 into the 3 thin, in order bank into the 11; or to hit it thicker in order to bank into the 8. The object is to try to knock some stuff over to my hole.

If the shot didn't smell right, a guy could come thin off the 7 and kick lightly into the back of the 1. He'd probably leave you up table after that. Then you could remove the 3 or 9, whichever is left.

~Doc

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
The five off the three does look appealing.

The other shot that appeals to me is a two rail kick at the one ball. A fair amount of left english must be used to assure picking up the foot rail before striking the one. This will cause the cue ball to move more directly toward the stack providing a nice safety and offensive move.

Tom

Nick B

Verified Member

The other shot that appeals to me is a two rail kick at the one ball. A fair amount of left english must be used to assure picking up the foot rail before striking the one. This will cause the cue ball to move more directly toward the stack providing a nice safety and offensive move.

Tom
Tom,
I would never question you and I think I can hit this one well but you are just as easily giving up a bank or worse and suddenly down 5 in the ball count.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Tom,
I would never question you and I think I can hit this one well but you are just as easily giving up a bank or worse and suddenly down 5 in the ball count.
Nick, that's not going to happen if I catch the foot rail ahead of making an approximate half ball hit on the one. In any case, I like my chances of pulling this shot off with positive results most every time.

It just isn't a difficult shot.
Thanks for your confidence though.
Tom

poolisboring

Verified Member
id do this...... hey Ghost. nice to see a op break as good as mine LOL......

OneRock

Verified Member
Tom's two-rail kick is my preferred shot here. Interestingly, the same exact shot came up earlier this evening during a sparring session.

Tom

OneRock

Verified Member
If executed correctly, the cue ball will likely end up behind the stack.

Tom,

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
No doubt when hit well. We hit not so well the pain will come.
Nick, You are one of the more offensive minded players we have on this site. Don't start getting all negative on us now. Keep your positive outlook and hit it like you know you can. You would have to butcher the shot to sell out. :)

Tom

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Arturo 19 wwyd

The kick on the one was my first thought also. Lots of Lt to get in there. As Peter said.. cue naturally hides behind the stack and the 1 should be a nice threat.

lll

Verified Member
Tom's two-rail kick is my preferred shot here. Interestingly, the same exact shot came up earlier this evening during a sparring session.
OneRock thanks for sparring with me yesterday........kudos.jpg

i learned alot including this shot......:)

nick its tough to hit it bad if you get the rail first

LSJohn

Verified Member
Last view ----->
If playing off the 7 to get behind the 1 would likely move the 10 where it blocks the 5 to my hole, I'd just kick one rail behind the 1 (but I have a better chance controlling speed off the 7, so I like that better.)