Ghost vs. Alex 4

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From the angle presented in the photo, I would strike the cue ball rail first before the side pocket into the right side of the 12-ball which should send both the 12-ball and cue ball to the back rail while leaving a "not for my money" long, off-angled combination on the 5-ball.
Good eye Johnny - that's the shot that I was thinking I would have probably shot, if it had been my shot in that game.

- Ghosty

beatle

Verified Member
what happens if you hit the 12 a little full. maybe leave a cut shot on the 5 or if hit too hard the12 comes up enough for a cut shot on that.

if hit great you get an okay safe though.

Island Drive

Verified Member
Like Screwball said....I prefer clipping the 8, taking whitey up and back to the foot rail area.

jtompilot

Verified Member
what happens if you hit the 12 a little full. maybe leave a cut shot on the 5 or if hit too hard the12 comes up enough for a cut shot on that.

if hit great you get an okay safe though.
I think you’d be hard pressed to even hit the 12 rail first. The cue ball is frozen to the point.

LSJohn

Verified Member
How's your defensive game?

Alex's shot --- the ball score is 6-6, both going to 8 --- Alex's pocket is at the bottom left --- Alex is in a little trouble here - he's frozen on the foot rail and he needs to find a shot whereby he won't leave me either a cut shot, a one rail, a two rail, or a three rail bank.....wwyd? >>>
I'm kicking off the near long rail to approx half-ball hit on the 12.

unoperro

Verified Member
I like, as already mentioned, the slow roll off the 5 cueball to the 8.
Not sure angle is right so just move whitey 2 inches to near pocket point. Spot 1 up and play on.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Not sure angle is right so just move whitey 2 inches to near pocket point. Spot 1 up and play on.
I think anyone who can reliably pull that off from that CB position and that tight an angle should have been in the tournament at Buffalo's. :rolleyes:

Hardmix

Verified Member
This was my first thought and probably the best shot imo but I do not believe it is available.

unoperro

Verified Member
I think anyone who can reliably pull that off from that CB position and that tight an angle should have been in the tournament at Buffalo's. :rolleyes:
The guys at Buff's might 3 rail kick to the bottom side of the 12, playing the ticky down the rail to just past the side pocket.
I like my 2 options better then anything else mentioned so far. Hence its WIWD;)

Grinder797

Ghost vs. Alex 4

I'm 2 railing the 5 to my hole, leaving cueball on the short rail. If I make it bank the stripe to my hole.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Well, like a few of you guys also liked, Alex chose to come off the 5, into the long rail, and then freeze to the 8...but unfortunately (for him that is :heh) he hit it just 1/4" too soft and just-barely left me a nice straight back bank, with natural position to get out...here's how it turned out >>>

Attachments

LSJohn

Verified Member
The guys at Buff's might 3 rail kick to the bottom side of the 12, playing the ticky down the rail to just past the side pocket.
I like my 2 options better then anything else mentioned so far. Hence its WIWD;)
WWID, lol.

You're a braver man than I.

unoperro

Verified Member
OPG what would you have done?

As you took the picture you had to be thinking......;)

jtompilot

Verified Member
Actually onedog, I posted up my choice already - it's post #21.
Do you really think you can get to the 12 with such a shallow angle? Even if you hit the 12, what about the possibility of hitting the 12 to thin and selling out a bank on the 12?

Nice to have you posting and helping me out.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Do you really think you can get to the 12 with such a shallow angle? Even if you hit the 12, what about the possibility of hitting the 12 to thin and selling out a bank on the 12?

Nice to have you posting and helping me out.
Jim, all the choices here are execution-challenges..that said, I kick pretty well and I feel that I would have a high probability of kicking the 12 successfully.

Thanks for the reply and wwyd:)
No problemo.