Ghost & Bernie

jrhendy

Verified Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
4,568
OK, we have our partners match lined up for DCC, and we have agreed on the $$, but what kind of race are we going to.

I think The Ghost mentioned going to 7, which is too long in my opinion and could last several hours in a close race.

I would prefer to go to 4 or 5. I would bet more $$ on a longer race, so Ghost, make sure you bring your stake horses and any fellow onepocketorgers can get a small bet down if they want.

I really don't think I have the best of it here and it should be a good match. My other games fell out so I can bet most of the accumulated S/S checks on this match.
 

1pocket1

Verified Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
14
action

action

John -

Happy New Year!! Hope I'm in for my usual 10% - You know I am
worth it. DCC should be a blast again this year.

Ken Thomason
 

jrhendy

Verified Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
4,568
1pocket1 said:
John -

Happy New Year!! Hope I'm in for my usual 10% - You know I am
worth it. DCC should be a blast again this year.

Ken Thomason
Happy New Year to you.

Someone wanting to bet on me should really scare them.
 

bernie p

Verified Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
234
jrhendy said:
OK, we have our partners match lined up for DCC, and we have agreed on the $$, but what kind of race are we going to.

I think The Ghost mentioned going to 7, which is too long in my opinion and could last several hours in a close race.

I would prefer to go to 4 or 5. I would bet more $$ on a longer race, so Ghost, make sure you bring your stake horses and any fellow onepocketorgers can get a small bet down if they want.

I really don't think I have the best of it here and it should be a good match. My other games fell out so I can bet most of the accumulated S/S checks on this match.
Hi John,

I think a race to 5 would be fine with me.

Given that all 3 of us get in Friday, maybe Saturday would be a good time before the 1P tourney gets underway on Sunday. I'm thinking early Saturday, noonish, because the Frost/Reyes race to 11 is scheduled (tenatatively) for Friday/Sat evening, 21st/22nd. I expect that match to be the highlight of the Derby.

Ghost, what do you think?

Thanks. Bernie.
 

jrhendy

Verified Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
4,568
1pocket1 said:
John -

Happy New Year!! Hope I'm in for my usual 10% - You know I am
worth it. DCC should be a blast again this year.

Ken Thomason
I might let you in for more. I'll let you know AFTER the match.:D
 

jrhendy

Verified Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
4,568
bernie p said:
Hi John,

I think a race to 5 would be fine with me.

Given that all 3 of us get in Friday, maybe Saturday would be a good time before the 1P tourney gets underway on Sunday. I'm thinking early Saturday, noonish, because the Frost/Reyes race to 11 is scheduled (tenatatively) for Friday/Sat evening, 21st/22nd. I expect that match to be the highlight of the Derby.

Ghost, what do you think?

Thanks. Bernie.
Sounds good to me. Whatever we can work out when we get there.
 

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
8,774
bernie p said:
Hi John,

I think a race to 5 would be fine with me.

Given that all 3 of us get in Friday, maybe Saturday would be a good time before the 1P tourney gets underway on Sunday. I'm thinking early Saturday, noonish, because the Frost/Reyes race to 11 is scheduled (tenatatively) for Friday/Sat evening, 21st/22nd. I expect that match to be the highlight of the Derby.

Ghost, what do you think?
Thanks. Bernie.

Bern.....John and I already talked about it/settled it, a couple of days ago...I'll give you a call.

- Gho$t
 

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
One Pocket Ghost said:
Bern.....John and I already talked about it/settled it, a couple of days ago...I'll give you a call.

- Gho$t
Goat$y,,,Do I detect a note of apprehension re; "short races" ? ... Have you decided if we are racing to 2 or 3 yet..?.:p

(one game would be OK ya know !..:eek:)
 

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
14,779
bernie p said:
Frost/Reyes race to 11 is scheduled (tenatatively) for Friday/Sat evening, 21st/22nd. I expect that match to be the highlight of the Derby.
small off thread question
does anyone know the details of that match up???
 

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
8,774
SJDinPHX said:
Goat$y,,,Do I detect a note of apprehension re; "short races" ? ... Have you decided if we are racing to 2 or 3 yet..?.:p

(one game would be OK ya know !..:eek:)

Papie....you know the Ghost would not dog the negotiations :rolleyes: I have saved, and printed out, the pm you sent me, (on Sept. 9th to be exact) wherein we came to certain agreements re. our match up - I thought it prudent to have a printed copy of it, just in case you forgot [sic] any of it...:)...:cool:

XO, Gho$ty
 

bernie p

Verified Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
234
lll said:
small off thread question
does anyone know the details of that match up???

Hi lll,

Not too much to add. Talk of at least 10K per man, possibly more, backers not necessarily public knowledge. It will presumable be played on the TV table. Accustats will be filming for future DVD purposes and so it will not likely be broadcast live over the net.

It will be standing room only for sure!

Thanks. Bernie.
 

stevelomako

Verified Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
1,031
One Pocket Ghost said:
Papie....you know the Ghost would not dog the negotiations :rolleyes: I have saved, and printed out, the pm you sent me, (on Sept. 9th to be exact) wherein we came to certain agreements re. our match up - I thought it prudent to have a printed copy of it, just in case you forgot [sic] any of it...:)...:cool:

XO, Gho$ty
Unless it was UPS'd to you it has no bearing on the REAL negotations that will happen there.

Do you really think at his age hes' going to stand by or even remember what he said more than an hour before?
 

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
14,779
stevelomako said:
Unless it was UPS'd to you it has no bearing on the REAL negotations that will happen there.

Do you really think at his age hes' going to stand by or even remember what he said more than an hour before?
is that an excuse to renegotiate???:confused:
just askin:)
 

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
One Pocket Ghost said:
What who said :confused:
If memory serves me [sic]...I am quite sure, the evening of Sept 9th, I was in Detroit, being detained for questioning....They caught me with a bunch of IED's, (bombs)....
...I was also DUI, and was circling Lomako's pool room, and Dennis' house...:eek:

PS...Naturally, I escaped...They were Hamtramck cops !!!.:p :p :p
 

jrhendy

Verified Member
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
4,568
bernie p said:
Hi John,

I think a race to 5 would be fine with me.

Given that all 3 of us get in Friday, maybe Saturday would be a good time before the 1P tourney gets underway on Sunday. I'm thinking early Saturday, noonish, because the Frost/Reyes race to 11 is scheduled (tenatatively) for Friday/Sat evening, 21st/22nd. I expect that match to be the highlight of the Derby.

Ghost, what do you think?

Thanks. Bernie.
WE ARE PLAYING SCOTCH DOUBLES AREN'T WE?:p
 

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
SJDinPHX said:
If memory serves me [sic]...I am quite sure, the evening of Sept 9th, I was in Detroit, being detained for questioning....They caught me with a bunch of IED's, (bombs)....
...I was also DUI, and was circling Lomako's pool room, and Dennis' house...:eek:

PS...Naturally, I escaped...They were Hamtramck cops !!!.:p :p :p
I just spoke to a friend in the HPD, Stanislaw Kowalski, and he said you were caught with a bunch of IUD's. He also found that you had been circling a nursing home for 3 hrs. until they pulled up.

He said that you did get away because they didn't have enough gas in their car to chase you.

RBL
 

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
8,774
Hey John.....You know when we talked the other day, and I told you about the Chinese restaurant in Louisville where we would meet to split up Bernie's $500 :eek: :eek: well here's a pic of the place so you'll know it when you see it >>>

- Ghosty...:D :p :D
 

Attachments

Top