Getting a Gold Crown I today in my living room!

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
I decided I needed a pool table more than a couch and chairs. So I bought an old Gold Crown that used to be in Kenny Ishida's Golden Cue in El Monte, and they are going to deliver it and install it today! Can't wait to get back in stroke!

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I decided I needed a pool table more than a couch and chairs. So I bought an old Gold Crown that used to be in Kenny Ishida's Golden Cue in El Monte, and they are going to deliver it and install it today! Can't wait to get back in stroke!
Nice Carla. Who is doing the set up? I miss seeing you guys since we moved to AZ. When this virus thing is over I will make the trip to the Hard times to visit. Keep that game sharp and stay safe.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
One of the finest sights in nature is the guy in work clothes, as he unloads a pool table at your door. Congratulations - wash your hands and be well.

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
Steve Leistikow is setting it up. Kenny Thomason said he does a great job on the rails. The table was in pieces at Alex's in Rancho since Golden Cue closed. We miss you too Frank. I think I already had the virus. About a month ago I had terrible chills and fever for 4 days and vivid hallucination type dreams. But I did not get a cough. So I am going to get the antibody blood test when it comes out to see if I am now immune.
Hope you are well.

keoneyo

Verified Member
I thought I had it too in January. So I cant wait till the tests are available.
Ill be over with mask, gloves, and Lysol wipes. Just kidding. LOL

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
Keone, if you get tested and find out you already had it, you can come over and play some one pocket at Carla's Law Office and Pool Room.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
tease......
Here's a totally restored GC I 1962....This is not a test, this is a tease. Hope you got enough room 16x20 is minimum best, but you can get by on 15'w.

Attachments

• P4080010.JPG
    P4080010.JPG
    770.8 KB · Views: 20

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
My room is 21 x 15.5
That extra 1' in length will work out nicely for your seating. I put 4 rolls of 1/2 rubber flooring over concrete then set the table on top. Completely corn blasted the wooden structure. Then hand sanded it, then/stain/then two coats of clear. Makes those butcher block aprons stand out, if you use the proper stain first, mine was a little light, but, thee Only light in my room is the table light. Your aprons can but up to 7 layers of individual pieces glued together, and some have dark and light woods....you would never of known that back in the sixties when they were all painted in I think 3 different paste colors. Orange/Blue and ???

keoneyo

Verified Member
Keone, if you get tested and find out you already had it, you can come over and play some one pocket at Carla's Law Office and Pool Room.
I presume in the interim if I get sentenced to Death Row I could get some legal advice as well, Counselor? LOL!!!!

Attachments

• Me and Carla (640x480).jpg
    Me and Carla (640x480).jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 26