Get Out The Popcorn Dr. Bill

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I can list the matches that i've played in the last 15 years and I have lost around 75% of all the matches that I have played. There once was a time when I won 75% of the matches that I played but those times are gone and will never come back, however, even back then I was never considered a player that had to have the nuts to play, I played anyone that wanted to play. I played Reid..Crane..Hall...Mataya...R. Allen...Dickson...Florence...all even 9ball and beat them all except Hall, does that make me a nut hunter because I win? I played in Det. when the action was as high as anywhere and was constantly in action, winning at a high percentage not because I played the nuts because I managed better than most. Like I said I was in action all the time, nut players don't stay in action. Nut players are guys like ..well I don't need to mention names we all know who they are, don't we?

I don't play as often anymore because i'm getting up there in age, however, I still play anyone who wants to play because I like to gamble and i'm not afraid to play anyone. I'll name the players that I played in the last 15 years.

I played Cliff Joyner a bunch of times, him winning most of the time.
I played Scott Frost maybe 5 or 6 times he's ahead about $20,000
I played Jesse Bowman a set one pocket even in 2007 for $ 5,000 and lost
I played Tony Chohan from 2007 thru 2010 about 6 times winning twice
I played Ike in Chicago twice losing both times totaling $30,000 2007-8
I played Monster John at the DCC three times lost every time total $20,000
I played Rob Melrose three times losing every time $13,000
I played Danny Smith 10/7 lost $5,000 also in Galveston losing $2500
I played R. Richeson a bunch of times and only won once getting 9/7
I played Joey Gray twice splitting out him winning in Tunica last time 10/7
I played Shane and lost $10,000 Galveston broke even in Tunica

ALL these matches happened in the last 15 years, yes I won some too but like I said not nearly as many. When I play it's no secret because I gamble fairly high and whether I win or lose people know what happened. Yes I beat your boy Ricky Peppers for $3,000 so I guess that makes me a nut hunter. And yes he wanted more weight from me after I beat him and I wouldn't give it up so we didn't play. The game was too tough as it was and I played really great to have beaten him, and like you said he wanted to play me in Tunica a year or so later and I declined, guess i'm a nut hunter because I didn't want to play the same game I beat him with at the age of 69. Every year that passes after you reach those high years is huge. I use to give 10/7 to a player that I played in 2007 a tough game, now I give him 9/8 tough game.

What really burns my ass is when I listen to people like you knock other players when they don't know the facts, and when that other player is me, it burns my ass even more. So Billy, now you know the facts, and if you've heard of me playing all these games that I had the nutz playing..i'm all ears.:mad:

Bill Incardona

I'll give you a bargain, Dr. Bill. Next time you want to gamble at pool take half of what you are willing to lose and send it to me. I'll keep it for you and give you half of what you gave me after the match. That way you'll lose less than you would have.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Ricky B.

Ricky B.

I'd like to interject something about this Billy/Ricky thing. I don't know precisely the match and potential re-match to which y'all are referring. However several years ago Billy travelled down to Mobile for action. He was offered a two way match by Ricky: 1. He would get weight from Joyner for a several dime match. 2. Ricky would then play Billy after the Cliff/Billy match for the same amount. Turns out Billy beat Cliff, but then Ricky refused to honor the second half of the proposition, and he ran off. I'm sure he expected that Cliff would beat Billy, then he'd have his bankroll to play Billy for 5K. Everyone thought Ricky was a chicken s**t for pulling that, but Billy took the high road on it.

Then, I think the very next year, Billy and Artie (and Larry S.) went back down to Mobile to gamble. Billy and Artie ended up in a partners match against Ricky and some hotshot from Georgia (?). As I recall, B & A won the first set. They started a second for I think 5 dimes. The match ended near the end when Ricky pulled up because he didn't like a call, despite the fact that B & A agreed to go along with Ricky. So they got stiffed. Later Billy had to pull in some favors in order to get Ricky eventually to pay up.

Billy, please correct any errors in memory that I might have. But the point is, I personally would not gamble on anything with Ricky because he's proven that he's not trustworthy. He's just a blowhard trying to be a big shot. Whether that entered into any thoughts Cardone had of gambling with Ricky again, I couldn't say. But if he were never to gamble with him after those incidents it would be perfectly understandable in my book.

Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I think enough has been said on that.

Ghost stated his opinion and I stated mine.

Sorry , JR but I was talking about the list that Birthday boy made of his recent games. It wasn't about any discussions. (Try to keep up or I will have to take you out of the stable):heh:heh

backplaying

Verified Member
i bolded the posts which brought on my comment. even Billy had to respond to you.
when i said" i always thought" i meant I for along time not you many times
hope this clarifies why i posted
you are right i did stick my nose where it didnt concern me
i guess i should follow my own advice.........:heh
larry landsman

No problem.

backplaying

Verified Member
I can list the matches that i've played in the last 15 years and I have lost around 75% of all the matches that I have played. There once was a time when I won 75% of the matches that I played but those times are gone and will never come back, however, even back then I was never considered a player that had to have the nuts to play, I played anyone that wanted to play. I played Reid..Crane..Hall...Mataya...R. Allen...Dickson...Florence...all even 9ball and beat them all except Hall, does that make me a nut hunter because I win? I played in Det. when the action was as high as anywhere and was constantly in action, winning at a high percentage not because I played the nuts because I managed better than most. Like I said I was in action all the time, nut players don't stay in action. Nut players are guys like ..well I don't need to mention names we all know who they are, don't we?

I don't play as often anymore because i'm getting up there in age, however, I still play anyone who wants to play because I like to gamble and i'm not afraid to play anyone. I'll name the players that I played in the last 15 years.

ALL these matches happened in the last 15 years, yes I won some too but like I said not nearly as many. When I play it's no secret because I gamble fairly high and whether I win or lose people know what happened. Yes I beat your boy Ricky Peppers for $3,000 so I guess that makes me a nut hunter. And yes he wanted more weight from me after I beat him and I wouldn't give it up so we didn't play. The game was too tough as it was and I played really great to have beaten him, and like you said he wanted to play me in Tunica a year or so later and I declined, guess i'm a nut hunter because I didn't want to play the same game I beat him with at the age of 69. Every year that passes after you reach those high years is huge. I use to give 10/7 to a player that I played in 2007 a tough game, now I give him 9/8 tough game.

What really burns my ass is when I listen to people like you knock other players when they don't know the facts, and when that other player is me, it burns my ass even more. So Billy, now you know the facts, and if you've heard of me playing all these games that I had the nutz playing..i'm all ears.:mad:

Bill Incardona

No problem.

backplaying

Verified Member
I have to ask, who did I knock? You and John know how each other play, and I said the next step from 10-8 was 9-7. How can I knock a game you both know more about than me? If you will do a little research, you will find knocking has been something I have never been accused of, until now! I ribbed you about not playing Ricky again, I admit, but I sure didn't mean to get personal. If the same things were said in a pool room, no one would have ever got hot!

backplaying

Verified Member
Billy, I sure don't think anyone close to your age has a chance. Unlike many, I do appreciate how good you play at your age, believe me. I'm close to 60 and can't play within the 7 of what I use to play, I do understand. Lets just forget the post I made, as I was just trying to get some action going. I do apologize if you thought I was disrespecting your ability and your heart, I wasn't. I was just ribbing. Billy Kuykendall.

1on1pooltournys

Verified Member

:eek: Damn Billy you better stick to being a stakehorse and quit playing! Oh wait...you tried that with the Ghost!! :lol:lol

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Partners match at Derby City

Partners match at Derby City

OK, I get to play this game of cutting and pasting to make my point too, and also give the Ghost a reality check.

From the Ghost: First of all, to make this clear to all - I wasn't getting staked by John in this partners match - although the phrasing he used in his post "putting up % of the money" can make it sound as if he was ...that said..if somebody wants to bet more $$$ than I'm betting in a partners match - it sure as hell doesn't give them the right to tell me what shots to shoot - especially when I know the game better than they do...and re. the fact that most people/players believe Dr. Billy to be the best analyzer of players speeds and match-ups in the pool-gambling world today...

Me: I never suggested I was staking you. You came up to me before the match and asked if I would take $800 of the $1,000 bet. The reason I agreed was I did not want you getting doggy on me betting more than you were comfortable with. Pretty stupid of me.

Bill is my traveling partner and always has a small piece of my action, as does SJD. I ALWAYS have most of it. That doesn't have anything to do with you only wanting 1/5th of the bet.

Yes, it does give me the right to suggest shots to you when you won't shoot the obvious shot. I don't care what Billy told you to stroke you about the shot. He is very smart about matching up games. You are his horse now, you think he is going to criticize a shot choice that helped them get the $$. All I know is they were grinning like a couple Cheshire cats when you chose that shot. If I would have kept my mouth shut and not told you what to shoot, you probably would have chosen the right shot if you thought you figured it out by yourself, instead of the skyrocket you did shoot.

Ghost: It was a short race - to 4 or 5, I forget....and as previously/correctly said, neither John or I played well in this match (but John's bad play was much more costly to us)...all that said..what were the two main/glaring reasons causing to lose this short race?...
#1. In the third game Billy made the corner ball on his break, and with open balls spreading out for him to run - he ran 6, and we had no chance to win that game after that...#2. In another game, Freddy scratched with the score somewhere's around 2-2 - it's John's shot - he has a wide open table with runnable open balls in down-table and mid-table positions..with ball in hand, John has a perfect ball to shoot at, 6" in front of him - he dogs it - shoots it straight into the long rail, putting his head down on the table afterwards in dismay.....Billy proceeds to run 5-6 balls, and we lose that game.

Me: The only game we won, I made a combo bank and ran five or six balls. I did miss an easy shot after a scratch and was pissed at myself. You missed two similar shots, but probably do not remember that. As bad as I played, and it was bad, you played worse.

We both played poorly, but you cannot admit to yourself or anyone else that you possibly did anything wrong. Your constant "defending yourself' over any actual or imagined criticism of your play or opinion suggests you are insecure about the very things you defend against.

You are a good player and have received lots of kudos, some from me, about your game. Doesn't mean you are right ALL the time.

I am bringing up this old post to clear something up that needs a little explaining. The partner match was between Ghost and I against Fred and Billy at Derby City.

It has been brought to my attention that my recent comments in other posts suggest I might have thought there was some underhandedness involved. I know there was not and after reading my own posts see how it could be interpreted that way.

My animosity towards the Ghost during and after the match was for him only and not because I thought there was any collusion with him and our opponents. I apologize to all three of them if my comments suggested that.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I am bringing up this old post to clear something up that needs a little explaining. The partner match was between Ghost and I against Fred and Billy at Derby City.

It has been brought to my attention that my recent comments in other posts suggest I might have thought there was some underhandedness involved. I know there was not and after reading my own posts see how it could be interpreted that way.

My animosity towards the Ghost during and after the match was for him only and not because I thought there was any collusion with him and our opponents. I apologize to all three of them if my comments suggested that.

Accepted and forgotten.

Beard