George Rood died

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I just read where it was reported that George died. The One Pocket Hall of Fame honored George Rood for "Lifetime Pool in Action" at Derby City in 2007. He was really pleased with the honor and enjoyed reminiscing with everyone. I am very glad I got to meet him -- he was a real class act.

You can read my interview with him here:
http://www.onepocket.org/GeorgeRoodInterview.htm

cuesmith

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
I just read where it was reported that George died. The One Pocket Hall of Fame honored George Rood for "Lifetime Pool in Action" at Derby City in 2007. He was really pleased with the honor and enjoyed reminiscing with everyone. I am very glad I got to meet him -- he was a real class act.

You can read my interview with him here:
http://www.onepocket.org/GeorgeRoodInterview.htm

I'm very sorry to hear this. I liked George a lot. He was a regular at Airway Billiards in Dayton. He was always willing to give advice to anyone who asked. I had many of conversations with him at the Monday night tournaments there and considered him a friend. Rest in Peace George! God Bless!

Sherm

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Sorry to hear about George's passing. He was 95-- would have been 96 on November 11th.

I enjoyed reading Steve's feature on Mr. Rood. Lots of knowledge there. Pretty impressive that he knew Hayden Lingo.

Being from Dayton, I imagine Helfert has some good stories about Rood from years back.

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
gulfportdoc said:
Sorry to hear about George's passing. He was 95-- would have been 96 on November 11th.

I enjoyed reading Steve's feature on Mr. Rood. Lots of knowledge there. Pretty impressive that he knew Hayden Lingo.

Being from Dayton, I imagine Helfert has some good stories about Rood from years back.

Doc

Jay has been busy helping run the Markulis Memorial 9 Ball Tournament at Hard Times, Sacramento this weekend. I'm sure he will see this when he gets back to So. Cal.

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Memorial

Memorial

I did a tribute, a memorial if you will, about 30 minutes long, with George, Beenie, Cornbread, and Eddie Taylor. Pat Fleming has it. George was quite a guy. He'll be missed.