Gentleman John

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
As many of you know my trip to Houston was a complete nightmare. The day after we arrived I came down with a violent reaction to a food poisoning. Because of the generous and humanitarian nature of Gentleman John I would not have made it home. While John was winning the tournament, he took time to take care of me and to give me the moral and physical support I needed to get home. Not only do I see John Henderson as a great one pocket and nine ball player, I also recognize his great affection for his friends. I thank you John for winning the tournament, it made all the pain and suffering worthwhile.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I'm sorry to hear you about your food poisoning. John is a great example of a human being. My wife thinks most pool players are scum bags, I think that includes me:D I'll be sure to tell her about John and you.

I have a California trip coming up that includes Camarillo, Monterey, Napa. Maybe somewhere in there I can meet you and John.

Jim

PS. I'm out of stroke and easy money

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I'm sorry to hear you about your food poisoning. John is a great example of a human being. My wife thinks most pool players are scum bags, I think that includes me:D I'll be sure to tell her about John and you.

I have a California trip coming up that includes Camarillo, Monterey, Napa. Maybe somewhere in there I can meet you and John.

Jim

PS. I'm out of stroke and easy money

Your wife sounds like "old school". Out of stoke, haven't been playing, haven't played in months. I have said it all.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
As many of you know my trip to Houston was a complete nightmare. The day after we arrived I came down with a violent reaction to a food poisoning. Because of the generous and humanitarian nature of Gentleman John I would not have made it home. While John was winning the tournament, he took time to take care of me and to give me the moral and physical support I needed to get home. Not only do I see John Henderson as a great one pocket and nine ball player, I also recognize his great affection for his friends. I thank you John for winning the tournament, it made all the pain and suffering worthwhile.
John is the real deal.A great friend to have.John will go the distance for a friend. He was a mess after taking you to the hospital and winning the Tournament while doing that.

Lucky you to have such a wonderful friend.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
John is the real deal.A great friend to have.John will go the distance for a friend. He was a mess after taking you to the hospital and winning the Tournament while doing that.

Lucky you to have such a wonderful friend.

His head was spinning Monday morning after I said I was leaving the hospital AMA. He somehow got me to the airport and found a wheelchair for me. I know I am lucky. There are many acquaintances but few friends.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
There are many acquaintances but few friends.

Amen, brother.

It's tempting to go a little overboard in claiming all the new friendships I feel after that trip. I've never enjoyed a bunch of people more. We'd have to know each other a lot better than is possible in a 4-5 day trip to justify what I mean when I say "friend," but I've got more new candidates than I would ever have dreamed.

I'm really sorry you didn't get to spend more time with more of these guys.

See you at Derby; I'm lying awake at night thinking about the chance to break even again. :D

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
See you at Derby; I'm lying awake at night thinking about the chance to break even again. :D[/QUOTE]

Keep dreaming, Im going full Kentucky mode.
I play so well, they named a state after me.:lol:lol

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
See you at Derby; I'm lying awake at night thinking about the chance to break even again. :D

I play so well, they named a state after me.:lol:lol[/QUOTE]

That's nothin'. What they named after me is that porcelain altar you did so much prayin' at last weekend. When you think of our game, just think about how you felt on your knees. :D

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I play so well, they named a state after me.:lol:lol

That's nothin'. What they named after me is that porcelain altar you did so much prayin' at last weekend. When you think of our game, just think about how you felt on your knees. :D[/QUOTE]

You know it was coming out both ends, sitting on the porcelain throne while throwing up in the bathtub. My prayin was on the six hour flight.