shanes shot
EDIT,,,,,,,FROM WHERE SHANE IS STANDING HE HAS THE UPPER LEFT CORNER POCKET
see post 7 below for pic
wwyd???
sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

Last edited:

bigshot

I'm assuming that its the side with the most balls, because otherwise the 11 is showing.

That said, 8 ball...don't miss. Maybe the 6, and again..don't miss. :D

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
gentile /shane

How about rolling the 6 up near my hole with pocket speed and sticking the cue to the 7/10.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Well, if he can shoot that 8 and billiard the 15 so as to hit the "good" (shane's right side) side of the 4, he is doing that. I never know how good these wwyd are. You can never get a feel for these angles. I love these threads, dont get me wrong, but hopefully one day well have full virtual tables to zoom around kinda like matrix style :)

tylerdurden

Verified Member
i just saw another shot he may like here. if he can roll that six and just near freeze on the 3 that would be a good spot to put gentile i think. (i see i "stole" mt's shot, but i did see it independently... honest:heh)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
How about rolling the 6 up near my hole with pocket speed and sticking the cue to the 7/10.

we will kill this thread quick
mitch gets the cookie,,,,,:D
the shot was to improve position
you do not always have to score
sc4.jpg

sc5.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i just saw another shot he may like here. if he can roll that six and just wedge past the side and near freeze on the 3 (or maybe rolling straight to the 3 would be better) that would be a good spot to put gentile i think.

shane liked that idea....:D

tylerdurden

Verified Member
shane liked that idea....:D

You should have given me the cookie just to get a rise out of Mitch :heh :p
Kidding of course, we don't like to tease here at onepocket.org.

I am starting to think we have done this layout before. Either that or some serious one hole deja vu.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
gentile up 5-0 in ball score
shanes shot
EDIT,,,,,,,FROM WHERE SHANE IS STANDING HE HAS THE UPPER LEFT CORNER POCKET
see post 7 below for pic
wwyd???
View attachment 10305

View attachment 10306

I like crossing the 11ball and bringing the cue ball back to the area of where it was shot from. This shot could position the 11ball in front of your pocket and protect it, then Gentile would be in deep trouble with a very difficult escape route or possibly no escape route.

Shane shot a good shot but not the best shot, (imo) as you can see Gentile can take an intentional and kick three cushions around the table and drop to the bottom rail. From this position Shane will have to create another trap which is very possible, however, he missed the big trap with banking the 11ball. Providing there is no kiss with the shot.

Bill Incardona

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like crossing the 11ball and bringing the cue ball back to the area of where it was shot from. This shot could position the 11ball in front of your pocket and protect it, then Gentile would be in deep trouble with a very difficult escape route or possibly no escape route.

Shane shot a good shot but not the best shot, (imo) as you can see Gentile can take an intentional and kick three cushions around the table and drop to the bottom rail. From this position Shane will have to create another trap which is very possible, however, he missed the big trap with banking the 11ball. Providing there is no kiss with the shot.

Bill Incardona
There might be a kiss in that 11 ball cross corner. But otherwise, I like it a whole bunch!

Evidently SVB could not have make the 6 straight in. Otherwise I'm pretty sure he'd have gone for it.

I'd rather watch Gentile play than almost any other guy, except Ike. I can learn more from these guys.

~Doc

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
There might be a kiss in that 11 ball cross corner. But otherwise, I like it a whole bunch!

Evidently SVB could not have make the 6 straight in. Otherwise I'm pretty sure he'd have gone for it.

I'd rather watch Gentile play than almost any other guy, except Ike. I can learn more from these guys.

~Doc
The 11 ball would be my choice. Its the best and the easiest shot to control.For a player like Shane with his ability and talent.And loosing the game 5 to nothing. If I was couching Shane. I would have him Shooting the 14 ball behind the 11 ball Both balls will go to his pocket and we could even make a ball. All the balls will be by Shane pocket where he will be in great shape. And he moved two balls of the rail from his opponents side. Where he would have to bank the balls to make them. And the balls are laying at a good angle. Shane can but the cue ball by the first diamond on the other side. Or by the first diamond on the end rail on the other players side. This shot is for players like Shane Efren Scott Frost Cliff Gab and top players who have a lot of talent and control. For the average players I would recommend banking the 11 ball. And evnen if he hits the 14 ball bad he cant do much wrong.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The 11 ball would be my choice. Its the best and the easiest shot to control.For a player like Shane with his ability and talent.And loosing the game 5 to nothing. If I was couching Shane. I would have him Shooting the 14 ball behind the 11 ball Both balls will go to his pocket and we could even make a ball. All the balls will be by Shane pocket where he will be in great shape. And he moved two balls of the rail from his opponents side. Where he would have to bank the balls to make them. And the balls are laying at a good angle. Shane can but the cue ball by the first diamond on the other side. Or by the first diamond on the end rail on the other players side. This shot is for players like Shane Efren Scott Frost Cliff Gab and top players who have a lot of talent and control. For the average players I would recommend banking the 11 ball. And evnen if he hits the 14 ball bad he cant do much wrong.
Artie, is this about like what you are suggesting for Shane? Because he has the accuracy of aim to play the 14 into the back of the 11, moving both balls.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2014-07-03_06-58-00.jpg
    Greenshot_2014-07-03_06-58-00.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie, is this about like what you are suggesting for Shane? Because he has the accuracy of aim to play the 14 into the back of the 11, moving both balls.

That's the shot Artie was referring to, however, imo it's an aggressive option in comparison with the other two options available. I say this because even if the shot is executed well there's always going to be a possibility of leaving a good return shot. But in no way am I suggesting that this option isn't a viable one..which it is, it's just wouldn't be my first choice if the bank on the 11ball was available and the kiss could comfortably be avoided. With the 11ball bank option if executed to send the cue ball back to the position it was shot from you then have the perfect shot, in terms of improving your position and protecting it. And it also carries a very trapping threat as well.:D

If the 11ball bank was not an option for whatever reason then I would certainly entertain the shot Artie is recommending, his option carries significant value and would imo give the shooter the edge in this battle.

By the way, Arties shot with a good player at the table should be executed by drawing the cue ball as far back as possible, therefore lessening the possible return options that could result for your opponent.

Bill Incardona

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The problem I see with the 11 is that it looks like the 8 and 2 are bankable. I'm sure Shane saw that

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
That's the shot Artie was referring to, however, imo it's an aggressive option in comparison with the other two options available. I say this because even if the shot is executed well there's always going to be a possibility of leaving a good return shot. But in no way am I suggesting that this option isn't a viable one..which it is, it's just wouldn't be my first choice if the bank on the 11ball was available and the kiss could comfortably be avoided. With the 11ball bank option if executed to send the cue ball back to the position it was shot from you then have the perfect shot, in terms of improving your position and protecting it. And it also carries a very trapping threat as well.:D

If the 11ball bank was not an option for whatever reason then I would certainly entertain the shot Artie is recommending, his option carries significant value and would imo give the shooter the edge in this battle.

By the way, Arties shot with a good player at the table should be executed by drawing the cue ball as far back as possible, therefore lessening the possible return options that could result for your opponent.

Bill Incardona
The best answer I an give is have a good player shoot the shot and see what the results will bring. Shot it 3 or 4 times. You will be surprised what the results will bring. You have 4 or 5 ways to make a ball. And run 8 and out. Because all the balls will be open on your side of the table. And leaving him at thee other end of the table. And all the balls on his side of the table. Will be a nightmare for his opponent. But people will not see the strength of the shot. Tell the shot is played. Because all the see and vizulize is where the balls are now. You have to see the picture in your mind what the results will bring. This is a learning example. Shoot the shot and see what the results is. You will be amazed by the results and what better way to learn than by you doing it yourself. And you will also learn what is the best way for you to play the shot. Shoot all your options. Banking the 11 ball or shooting the 6 ball or banking the 14 ball. There are many choices and shots. Learn the best one for you. The one you can execute that is the correct shot for you.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The best answer I an give is have a good player shoot the shot and see what the results will bring. Shot it 3 or 4 times. You will be surprised what the results will bring. You have 4 or 5 ways to make a ball. And run 8 and out. Because all the balls will be open on your side of the table. And leaving him at thee other end of the table. And all the balls on his side of the table. Will be a nightmare for his opponent. But people will not see the strength of the shot. Tell the shot is played. Because all the see and vizulize is where the balls are now. You have to see the picture in your mind what the results will bring. This is a learning example. Shoot the shot and see what the results is. You will be amazed by the results and what better way to learn than by you doing it yourself. And you will also learn what is the best way for you to play the shot. Shoot all your options. Banking the 11 ball or shooting the 6 ball or banking the 14 ball. There are many choices and shots. Learn the best one for you. The one you can execute that is the correct shot for you.

Unless you make a ball, I don't see how you cannot leave a return bank. Well, there is always luck.
You do know Shane is one of the best players in the world