gabe owen

motorman

I have been traveling for the last several weeks and am not up on the gabe owen problem/problems? will someone please let me know about gabe. I always thought he was one of pool's good guys

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
That's sad if true. I've always said, winning the US Open is the end of the road for many a great US player. That being said....becoming a pro pool player, is like going to college and getting a degree in architecture, then moving to a small island in the pacific.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
That's sad if true. I've always said, winning the US Open is the end of the road for many a great US player. That being said....becoming a pro pool player, is like going to college and getting a degree in architecture, then moving to a small island in the pacific.

It is actually a little worse than that. It would be like if there was a guy on the island who wanted you to do design a house for him, and if you did a good job it would scare off all the other potential clients. lol. Sad sad sport. :(

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Collateral Damage/Dreams

Collateral Damage/Dreams

Not many hear can throw the first stone. Rodney Morris probably got more heat. He made a Choice and made a difference.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I looked around and found this quote from Jerry Forsyth (a rational man) on another website:

Just to end the false speculation
I spoke with Gabe yesterday. He bought gold coins in a plastic sleeve (which you do not remove or it lowers the value as this is a grading package that shows the numismatic value of the coin) and then re-sold them to a coin store.

The coin store then discovered they were fake. The police are looking for the folks who made the coins. They are not after Gabe at all. Gabe is taking legal action against the TV station and the coin store for defamation of character due to those reports.

This scenario passes the "smell test", IMHO. Gabe simply does not seem to be the criminal type. People can be very deceiving, but I'd have a hard time believing that Gabe could take part in felony criminal activity.

And if innocent, I hope these stories don't hurt his reputation. And if defamed, I hope he can get restitution.

Doc

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
I looked around and found this quote from Jerry Forsyth (a rational man) on another website:

Just to end the false speculation
I spoke with Gabe yesterday. He bought gold coins in a plastic sleeve (which you do not remove or it lowers the value as this is a grading package that shows the numismatic value of the coin) and then re-sold them to a coin store.

The coin store then discovered they were fake. The police are looking for the folks who made the coins. They are not after Gabe at all. Gabe is taking legal action against the TV station and the coin store for defamation of character due to those reports.

This scenario passes the "smell test", IMHO. Gabe simply does not seem to be the criminal type. People can be very deceiving, but I'd have a hard time believing that Gabe could take part in felony criminal activity.

And if innocent, I hope these stories don't hurt his reputation. And if defamed, I hope he can get restitution.

Doc

Uhhhh, yah OK.

Gabe made his bed. Now he might have to sleep in it. Easy money aint always easy.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I haven't researched this or anything. My stance on this, because it comes up in society all the time, is I don't believe or disbelieve. We are just in an interim stage. If he is convicted, it would be bad and I'd find he was probably guilty. If not, the opposite. Maybe it is too cliche, but it is far too easy to make up your mind before the facts are in.