Gabe Owen vs. Alex Pagulayan 2010 D.C.C. #2

naji

Verified Member
Hi Dudley
Alex can shoot and run balls in any game, but does not have the patience to wait, if he has low % shot regardless of the outcome he will shoot. Actually that is how you beat him, give him a bait and he will go for it.
His Match with Frost at the US open 1st game he took a hard shot missed the 8 and send all balls to Scott's side and left Scott wide open

See attached..

Attachments

• alex_1.jpg
    alex_1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
  • alex_2.jpg
    alex_2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
naji said:
Hi Dudley
Alex can shoot and run balls in any game, but does not have the patience to wait, if he has low % shot regardless of the outcome he will shoot. Actually that is how you beat him, give him a bait and he will go for it.
His Match with Frost at the US open 1st game he took a hard shot missed the 8 and send all balls to Scott's side and left Scott wide open

See attached..

Naji,

i hear you on this shot.... But had he made the ball he could have done some damage there.

I would probably pass on that cut but maybe for Alex that is something he doesn't expect to miss.

I personally don't think the two shots we've talked about represent his entire one pocket game.

Dud

naji

Verified Member
Hi Dud,
1st of all experienced one pocket player does not take few min to find best shot, Alex's shot pushed all the balls toward Scott's hole, and if you look had he made the 8 no other shot is available. That is what differentiated an experienced one pocket player from another.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
naji said:
Hi Dud,
1st of all experienced one pocket player does not take few min to find best shot, Alex's shot pushed all the balls toward Scott's hole, and if you look had he made the 8 no other shot is available. That is what differentiated an experienced one pocket player from another.

I believe had he made the ball the lie of the balls would have been different.

We definitely have a different view of Alex's game....

Dud

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
naji said:
Hi Dud,

Players take whatever time they want to select the right shot and shoot it. What matters isn't how long it takes them; it's the result. IMO Alex is the heir to Efren's dominance in One Pocket. Everybody makes mistakes--even Alex but you don't win tournaments against the world's leading professionals unless you make fewer of them than anybody else. Naji, you talk like you are an "experienced one pocket player" but even experienced one pocket players make mistakes. Just because a guy can shoot and chooses shots over moves, doesn't make him wrong. He moves good too.

bstroud

Verified Member
The shot he shot was an easy shot and he should have made it.

Bill Stroud

naji

Verified Member
My point is, the shot send at least six balls toward Scott's pocket none toward his hole, an experienced one pocket player never think about a shot like this regardless. Again, Alex runs balls that what makes up for his bad onepocket shots.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
naji said:
My point is, the shot send at least six balls toward Scott's pocket none toward his hole, an experienced one pocket player never think about a shot like this regardless. Again, Alex runs balls that what makes up for his bad onepocket shots.
naji,

Are you certain that you are posting in the correct thread? Alex sent balls towards his own pocket:confused: .

I also think he just mis-hit it, what with being jacked up and all, I don't believe he was trying to pocket a ball here.

It's true enough that Alex runs balls that cover up his one-pocket weaknesses but ALL one-pocket players do that very same thing.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
naji
if you look up alexs finishes at the dcc for the last 9 years he has had many finishes in the top 10:eek:
just sayin

naji

Verified Member
Sorry Dennis,
I should have started a new post about Alex's Game, in thread # 41 i attached to pics for Alex's game with Frost, where he shot at the 8 ball misses it and send six balls toward Frost's side, to prove that he shoots really bad shots in one pocket that one pocket player would not attempt.
Again, i am 100% convinced he is a great ball maker and runs balls, and that is what makes him great player in any game. With up table game with say Efren, or Shannon, i will be highly surprised if he wins.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
naji said:
Sorry Dennis,
I should have started a new post about Alex's Game, in thread # 41 i attached to pics for Alex's game with Frost, where he shot at the 8 ball misses it and send six balls toward Frost's side, to prove that he shoots really bad shots in one pocket that one pocket player would not attempt.
Again, i am 100% convinced he is a great ball maker and runs balls, and that is what makes him great player in any game. With up table game with say Efren, or Shannon, i will be highly surprised if he wins.

Efren also shoots many unorthodox shots and not shots other one pocket players would shoot. As many as Alex. You keep separating them but they're basically the same.
Rod.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
naji said:
Sorry Dennis,
naji,

I didn't realize you had posted a layout from the U.S. Open, mea culpa:eek: .

That sure does look like a bad shot that Alex took, no need for it, but you can't trust that what you're seeing is what's actually happening anyway, unfortunately.

Dennis