Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
let us know petie.
dennis usually has a good eye for these things and he knows what alex shot
just sayin
Larry,

I try very hard not to let my fore-knowledge of the shot impact in any way on my comments, one reason I very rarely comment in my own threads. The one ball is above the cueball and you will not bank it to your side of the table without a half-ball or almost half-ball hit. With this type hit you will not put the rock behind the 5 & 10 balls. It's that simple to my eyes but I've been half-blind for 7 years so what do I know:p ?

I'm really surprised that nobody mentioned this shot, which Alex decided to shoot, rather poorly I might add.

P.S. Gabe ran 8 & out from here.

Alex's Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_19.Jpeg

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Larry,

I try very hard not to let my fore-knowledge of the shot impact in any way on my comments, one reason I very rarely comment in my own threads. The one ball is above the cueball and you will not bank it to your side of the table without a half-ball or almost half-ball hit. With this type hit you will not put the rock behind the 5 & 10 balls. It's that simple to my eyes but I've been half-blind for 7 years so what do I know:p ?

I'm really surprised that nobody mentioned this shot, which Alex decided to shoot, rather poorly I might add.

View attachment 3472

View attachment 3473

View attachment 3474
dennis
when you comment i know its because you see a perspective that i dont
i sometimes dont look at layouts as precisely as if i had a real table and was there
so i recommend what seems to be the most logical shot to me.
ive learned that you should still consider a 2nd or 3rd shot before you commit to your first choice:)
alex was trying to execute what the higher level players suggested except he got on the wrong side of the 9 ball:eek:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
lll said:
dennis
when you comment i know its because you see a perspective that i dont
i sometimes dont look at layouts as precisely as if i had a real table and was there
so i recommend what seems to be the most logical shot to me.
ive learned that you should still consider a 2nd or 3rd shot before you commit to your first choice:)
alex was trying to execute what the higher level players suggested except he got on the wrong side of the 9 ball:eek:
Yeah, but if he was a better player this never would have happened :D

Rod

Verified Member
From
Phoenix, Az
Wow, how many brain cells did that shot take. You really have to wonder what he was thinking. He was jacked up, looks like he stunned the c/b there instead of a little follow. But what really amazes me is you can't hit that shot hard enough, from where he was, to move a line of loose balls and kiss off the 13. Those gaps kill a shot and there was no chance. I still think the shot was to move a ball or two to his side rail without giving up advantage. Like bank into the 6.

Even just banking the one t words his side would not get there, all risk for no reward. Yes I have made bad choices but now I feel a lot better. I bet Gabe did as well. LOL

Rod

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Rod said:
Wow, how many brain cells did that shot take. You really have to wonder what he was thinking. He was jacked up, looks like he stunned the c/b there instead of a little follow. But what really amazes me is you can't hit that shot hard enough, from where he was, to move a line of loose balls and kiss off the 13. Those gaps kill a shot and there was no chance. I still think the shot was to move a ball or two to his side rail without giving up advantage. Like bank into the 6.

Even just banking the one t words his side would not get there, all risk for no reward. Yes I have made bad choices but now I feel a lot better. I bet Gabe did as well. LOL

Rod
Rod,

Very astute observation.

Dennis

Rod

Verified Member
From
Phoenix, Az
Cowboy Dennis said:
Rod,

Very astute observation.

Dennis

To me it stood out like a score thumb. I played 14-1 long before I played 1P. They were playing with fairly clean new balls to. Regular pool rooms conditions are not near as good. I think the force Alex needed easily would have given away his advantage. Even if the c/b had hit the stripe.

Rod

naji

Verified Member
I like the shots questions of one pocket game, but please next time do not pick from 9 or 10 ball players games. Alex is not one pocket player, therefore, all their moves are offensive and not good example. I would post from say Efren's, Shannon, Joyner games, but please not earl, or SVB, maybe Frost when he is defensive..etc.

Thanks

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
naji said:
I like the shots questions of one pocket game, but please next time do not pick from 9 or 10 ball players games. Alex is not one pocket player, therefore, all their moves are offensive and not good example. I would post from say Efren's, Shannon, Joyner games, but please not earl, or SVB, maybe Frost when he is defensive..etc.

Thanks
dont you think you can learn from others mistakes???
besides i learn alot from the discussions not just what the actual shot and outcome was

naji

Verified Member
Best shot in my opinion is bank one and leave cue next to the 9 or use 9 to stop the cue ball "main objective", what happens next depends on which ball the one hits, it is possible couple of balls might go toward Alex side

naji

Verified Member
Thanks III,
Do not understand me wrong, I like the discussions, but we all know the type of game Alex plays, so it is not a good One pocket model to go by, he is a good shooter but not good one pocket player in my opinion.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
naji said:

Thanks
naji,

Alex may just be the second best one-pocket player in the world today, he'd be very surprised to learn that he's not a one-pocket player.

Dennis

Rod

Verified Member
From
Phoenix, Az
NH Steve said:
I was looking at this too -- it would good for Alex to get a ball above his pocket on this shot and come back behind the stack. I don't like the idea of leaving the cue ball up on Gabe's side rail, because I think if you do, Gabe would open that two ball cub near his own pocket and come off the bottom rail if you leave that route open -- it seems like a natural angle to do that. Then Alex is in trouble.

Alex is awfully close to the ball, but can he just jack up and nudge the 6-ball over to his own side rail, and draw the cue ball back about a half inch, hooked behind the 11? If so, I like that shot.

Steve, I looked at that to and thought the same for the obvious reason. It looks like the 11? is in the way to do that but if it was not I would shoot that to.

Rod

treeMan

Verified Member
I was about to, but I was sure in 4 pages someone mentioned it. It would be ideal if you could hit it a little harder to get that 8 to move some, but as Grady would say this is a shot where you have to play cue ball, which Alex didn't.

p.s. 20/20 when looking out the back of your head or something ....

Cowboy Dennis said:
Larry,

View attachment 3472

View attachment 3473

View attachment 3474

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
naji said:
Thanks III,
Do not understand me wrong, I like the discussions, but we all know the type of game Alex plays, so it is not a good One pocket model to go by, he is a good shooter but not good one pocket player in my opinion.

Really?

I watched him take down a tournament in CA. It didn't seem like his game had any weakness to me. His cue ball control is phenomenal, banks super good and he doesn't miss too much.

Do you have any examples of him playing bad one pocket?

(besides hitting this shot a little too hard--->http://onepocket.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3472&d=1310421996)

Dudley