G. Owen vs. A. Pagulayan 2010 D.C.C. #6

senor

Verified Member
I would do what it looks like Gabe is measuring out, try to kick between the 2 and the stripe out in space near the side pocket. Take a foul and position cue ball where Alex is doubled up and likely won't have clear path to move balls near Gabe's hole or get behind them. Might even get lucky and skim the stripe and get a rail. He's probably asking himself if there is any way the cue ball can scratch in the corner. It looks like it can.

bstroud

Verified Member
Looks like a small masse to the left side of the 14 ball and the cue ball across table.

Bill Stroud

senor

Verified Member
Miller said:
playing off the 14 to put cue ball in front of alex pocket?

I think that's what he's saying. That will get you to the next inning, but doesn't pose any problems for the incoming player. Finding a way to get the cue ball to the far left pocket seems like the ideal spot for the cue ball.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
senor said:
I would do what it looks like Gabe is measuring out, try to kick between the 2 and the stripe out in space near the side pocket. Take a foul and position cue ball where Alex is doubled up and likely won't have clear path to move balls near Gabe's hole or get behind them. Might even get lucky and skim the stripe and get a rail. He's probably asking himself if there is any way the cue ball can scratch in the corner. It looks like it can.

Here you go Senor. :)
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
Here you go Senor. :)
Rod.
That's a very difficult shot to think about shooting, let alone shoot.:eek:
I would try kicking into the 15 ball, the ball under the 8 ball. That shot carries a lot lesser degree of both difficulty and penalty.

Billy I.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
reverse kick

reverse kick

Reverse kick off the long rail by his pocket. Soft kick, best outcome is to contact the ball and go to the rail without scratching and be safe. Minimum outcome if hit softly is to not hit it hard enough to scratch in the opposite corner, miss the double cluster of balls but be temporarily out of the trap, but minus one ball.

BEard

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
fred bentivegna said:
Reverse kick off the long rail by his pocket. Soft kick, best outcome is to contact the ball and go to the rail without scratching and be safe. Minimum outcome if hit softly is to not hit it hard enough to scratch in the opposite corner, miss the double cluster of balls but be temporarily out of the trap, but minus one ball.

BEard
You were typing as I was posting, thinking about reconsidering:confused: Still would shoot the same shot, in spite of your validation.;)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
senor said:
I think that's what he's saying. That will get you to the next inning, but doesn't pose any problems for the incoming player. Finding a way to get the cue ball to the far left pocket seems like the ideal spot for the cue ball.
No the ideal spot for the cue ball would be frozen to the 7 ball facing your pocket.:D

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I couldn't resist. :)

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
you could always do an efren masse and put the cue ball on the other side of the solid:D
seriously doesnt billys or freddys shot or b, strouds shot leave alex the opportunity to move more balls away from gabes pocket and further strenghten his position??
senors shot seems doable and with the right speed protects gabes balls some and alex is not likely to shoot the combo (i dont think)

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
throw shot.JPGIf the balls are frozen, then this shot might be available. Pushing the cue ball a bit forward to get it out of the way in case there is a possibility of a combo or a carom into the pocket. Using a bit of left bottom.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Frank Almanza said:
If the balls are frozen, then this shot might be available. Pushing the cue ball a bit forward to get it out of the way in case there is a possibility of a combo or a carom into the pocket. Using a bit of left bottom.
I don't know if they're frozen but here's another pic from a different angle.

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Cowboy Dennis said:
I don't know if they're frozen but here's another pic from a different angle.

View attachment 3554
It's amazing how two pictures make a world of difference. The original picture looks like the cue ball is tighter to the rail than the solid ball. In your next picture the cue appears to be farther off the rail than the solid ball.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Frank Almanza said:
It's amazing how two pictures make a world of difference. The original picture looks like the cue ball is tighter to the rail than the solid ball. In your next picture the cue appears to be farther off the rail than the solid ball.
We're looking at a three dimensional layout in only two dimensions, the angle of the pic makes a lot of difference. Just imagine looking at it in 4 or 5 dimensions like some guys do:D .

Dennis

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
fred bentivegna said:

BEard
Of all the options seen here, I like this one the best. The worse is you lose a ball. You'll probably have to start over again to develop the balls to your side of the table.

senor

Verified Member
Both Freddy and Billy like a shot that I considered and I would consider in this situation; however, much like Stroud's shot, it's a band-aid. I would only shoot the shot if I felt like there was no other option. I know all three of these guys would not pass up a shot that could lay a trap, especially from this position. Repositioning the cue ball near Alex's pocket only gets you to the next inning, and that isn't guaranteed if the swerve/kick shot opens up those balls and sells out a bank. I'm not exactly sure what is so hard about kicking the cue ball one rail towards a pocket :confused: . Both Freddy and Billy have made a living off of being able to see and execute one rail kicks like this where others could not see and/or execute. Maneuvering around the traffic just takes a little thinking outside of the box ;) .

bstroud

Verified Member
With the new pic my shot is much easier. Just go off the stripe and put the cue ball on the side rail.

The problem in going down to the far opposite pocket is that he will just bank the stripe in the middle of the table and place the cue ball back in the original position. Perhaps worse. He could also shoot a ball in his hole.

Why give up a ball and take a risk when a simple shot is available.

Bill Stroud