Frozen To A Ball Or End Rail???

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
14,690
when you have the oportunity to do either/ or ,which do you think is stronger? i personally think frozen to a ball is stronger. even tho to me leaving him on the end rail gives him room to make a mistake and "sell out". frozen to a ball is like having handcuffs. the opinions of the members is GREATLY appreciated.
 

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
lll said:
when you have the oportunity to do either/ or ,which do you think is stronger? i personally think frozen to a ball is stronger. even tho to me leaving him on the end rail gives him room to make a mistake and "sell out". frozen to a ball is like having handcuffs. the opinions of the members is GREATLY appreciated.

Larry,

Of course, it all depends on the position of the balls on the table. But remember one thing about freezing the cueball to an object ball. Your opponent can simply take an intentional foul and leave you there. And I've never played anyone in my life that played 3 consecutive fouls was loss of game, although it is played that way in many places.


Dennis
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
Cowboy Dennis said:
Larry,

Of course, it all depends on the position of the balls on the table. But remember one thing about freezing the cueball to an object ball. Your opponent can simply take an intentional foul and leave you there. And I've never played anyone in my life that played 3 consecutive fouls was loss of game, although it is played that way in many places.


Dennis
THIER IS NOTHING STRONGER THEN FREZZING HIM TO THE BALL. BECAUSE HE IS VERY LIMITED TO WHAT HE CAN DO. IN SOME SITUATIONS YOU CANT EVEN TAKE A INTENTINAL SCRATCH. FROZEN TO A BALL IS LIKE CANCER. IT WILL EAT AWAY ON YOU.
 

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
8,711
Cowboy Dennis said:
And I've never played anyone in my life that played 3 consecutive fouls was loss of game, although it is played that way in many places.


Dennis

Dennis.....That really surprises me - I've only played about 1 player in my life that DIDN'T play 3 fouls is loss of game.


- Ghost
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
Artie Bodendorfer said:
THIER IS NOTHING STRONGER THEN FREZZING HIM TO THE BALL. BECAUSE HE IS VERY LIMITED TO WHAT HE CAN DO. IN SOME SITUATIONS YOU CANT EVEN TAKE A INTENTINAL SCRATCH. FROZEN TO A BALL IS LIKE CANCER. IT WILL EAT AWAY ON YOU.
I have played 3 foules in a row you loose the game. I played bugs and everyone I played that way. And I dont ever remember winning a game. Because my opponent scratched 3 times in a row. And I would tell my opponent how many foules he was on. I didnt do anything sneekie.
 

Cowboy Dennis

Suspended
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,123
One Pocket Ghost said:
Dennis.....That really surprises me - I've only played about 1 player in my life that DIDN'T play 3 fouls is loss of game.


- Ghost

Ghost,

I guess in this area we like to use all the tactics at our disposal. I would absolutely never play anyone any game like that. Why should I be penalized because some hooplehead got lucky and froze me to a ball? Or, as more frequently happened, a corner on a snooker table.

Dennis
 

Fatboy

Verified Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
678
frozen to a ball is death, frozen to the rail aint much of a big deal for some guys(It dosent effect me much at all) but when your froze to a ball it cuts off most shots. It should be noted that its much easier to freeze someone to the rail than a ball.
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
Fatboy said:
frozen to a ball is death, frozen to the rail aint much of a big deal for some guys(It dosent effect me much at all) but when your froze to a ball it cuts off most shots. It should be noted that its much easier to freeze someone to the rail than a ball.
If you are frozen and jacked up its even harder.
 
Top